[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

pellinor, I'll take a look; a solution like yours will probably work to fix the initialization gate.

A few of the modules let you set tweakable ranges in a config.XML file in PluginData, but that probably doesn't help with TweakScale much. Can you be more specific about what you need?

The main function of TweakScale is to manipulate KSPFields (i.e. data members of partModules with the attribute [KSPField]). If a module can live with such a value changing on rescale (editor) and on vessel loading (editor & flight) then writing a small config is all it needs. The current config tries to do this for your slider values, but as far as I understand it occasionally works by chance and mostly messes up your internal state.

There is also an API that allows to run arbitrary code on the rescale events. The TweakScale repo even contains some code that might do the trick for tweakableEverything. As far as I see it was never part of a release, so I have no idea if it ever worked. Probably my predecessor started but never finished it. From a first view it looks reasonable, so I'll see if I can get it to work.

Edited by pellinor

smjjames, to be sure I'm understanding everything correctly: you no longer believe TE to be the source of your problem? Let me know if you need my assistance.

pellinor, apologies for the delay; I was vacationing earlier this week with the family, and was operating from my phone. Seeing now that you're the actual developer of TweakScale and not just an interested user, give me a bit to go over your API and the left-over TweakableEverything code, and I'll get in touch with you directly to see how we can best coordinate. Is there a better way to do that than a PM on these forums?

smjjames, to be sure I'm understanding everything correctly: you no longer believe TE to be the source of your problem? Let me know if you need my assistance.

Yeah, it turned out to be KIS screwing it up somehow via a bug.

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 1.9! This version brings Official Support for version 1.0, and performance improvements for TweakableStaging.

CHANGELOG:

v.1.9 [2015-04-27]
* Official Support for KSP 1.0!
* TweakableStaging should now be less of a burden on very large vessels.
* TweakableParachutes: Removed our repack wrapper, because Squad's should be fixed now.
* TweakableGimbals: Optionally (but by default) disabling Squad's GimbalLimiter, because it's a subset of ours and ours is cooler.

Awesome stuff, question, as this is a mod about tweaking stuff, anyone figured out how to tweak/mod the ejection force on the new fairings? I love the new fairings, and the way they come apart, but I'd like to slow it down a bit, especially for things like cinematic shots. It just happens so fast. :sticktongue: Just curious.

Glad to see the release! One thing I noticed while playing with stock chutes: their deployment speed has been changed to 1/6, and between that and the overhauled aerodynamics (I assume) the opening is already much gentler -- 2 G's on full deployment vs. 20 or more in 0.90. (Without the souposphere to bring down a spacecraft's terminal velocity, I've actually found the initial semi-deployment to be the trickier operation.) I think it's still useful to have the ability to adjust the deployment speed for emergency chutes, but you might want to change the default and the range of values for the deployment factor -- 1 to 10 with a default of 6 would probably do the trick.

Looks like it's missing from the list because NetKAN hasn't updated the latest ToadicusTools version yet, which is a dependency. I'll look into it as soon as I can (might not be today, though).

Edit:

vardicd, I'll look into tweaking the new fairings soon. :)

Kerbas_ad_astra, I've had that reported elsewhere as well, and will change the defaults as soon as I have time to mess around and find a good value. For now, you should be able to turn the multipliers all the way down to keep your Kerbals safe.

_mike_, thanks for reporting. I'll look in to it!

Edited by toadicus

Looks like it's missing from the list because NetKAN hasn't updated the latest ToadicusTools version yet, which is a dependency. I'll look into it as soon as I can (might not be today, though).

It seems versions 7 and 8 on KerbalStuff are just empty .zips which might be why netkan isn't all that index-y :o

Is there a way to get the version for v0.90?

For this as for other mods hosted on Kerbal Stuff if you click on 'Changelog' in the centre panel below the download button, it lists and has download links to previous versions.

It seems versions 7 and 8 on KerbalStuff are just empty .zips which might be why netkan isn't all that index-y :o

Curse that treacherous deployment script! I'll get that sorted soon.

Are the Parachute tweaks in this mod compatible with the parachute fixes/tweaks in the "Stock Bug Fix Modules"? I have both installed, and it seems to work fine, but just wondering.. :/

From a quick read of Claw's description, it looks like in general his module is a superset of mine. If you use Claw's ParachuteFix, I think you do not need TweakableParachutes at all.

toadicus, have you decided something about EvaManager? I remember you said that you need to decide how you want to package it. It is still not installed with CKAN, which becomes more and more widely used here.

By the way, the zip file for 1.0 on Kerbalstuff had a 0.90 Module Manager dll in it. I think it would have worked, but i won't try to find out.

Thanks, I'll repackage things soon.

Love this mod but it seems to be causing issues with the inline docking port. Only one attachment node works for some reason. :/

I'll take another look; last time I checked, parts can only be attached as children by two of their attachNodes; previously it was the two that were defined first in the list. I did notice that in 1.0 I can only attach the inline port by one of its axial nodes, but I haven't dug in to it yet. Once it's attached, you should be able to attach more parts as children to the other nodes on the port.

toadicus, have you decided something about EvaManager? I remember you said that you need to decide how you want to package it. It is still not installed with CKAN, which becomes more and more widely used here.

I'm going to start re-packaging it in a stand-alone archive like I do with ToadicusTools so CKAN will install it for AntennaRange and TweakableEverything, since I'm now using it in both places. I need to fix my upload script, which is apparently truncating my zip files somehow. Hopefully tomorrow.

I'll take another look; last time I checked, parts can only be attached as children by two of their attachNodes; previously it was the two that were defined first in the list. I did notice that in 1.0 I can only attach the inline port by one of its axial nodes, but I haven't dug in to it yet. Once it's attached, you should be able to attach more parts as children to the other nodes on the port.

That bug has been fixed in 1.0. You can now attach by any node, however the node directionality is now strictly enforced, which is likely the problem. See thread here.

I'm going to start re-packaging it in a stand-alone archive like I do with ToadicusTools so CKAN will install it for AntennaRange and TweakableEverything, since I'm now using it in both places. I need to fix my upload script, which is apparently truncating my zip files somehow. Hopefully tomorrow.

Hi toadicus,

Thanks for nice plugin.

I've just found that `TweakableSAS` or `TweakableReactionWheels` causes huge cpu usage (fps drops) when right-clicking on 'Probodobodyne OKTO' part.

Not sure which of them because deleted both at once.

Other parts are not affected.

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 1.9.1! This version brings minor quality-of-life fixes for 1.0, and fixes the inline docking port. VladP53, thanks for your report! It wasn't actually an issue with my mod, but rather a floating point problem with infinitely repeating fractions (0.3 is infinitely repeating in binary) and the way Squad's implemented their FloatRange tweakable. As a workaround, I've changed the default center value for the OKTO port's torque fields to 0.25 (nerfed by 0.05).

CHANGELOG:

v.1.9.1 [2015-05-01]
* TweakableDockingNode: Removed now-unnecessary fixes for the inline docking port that were broken in 1.0.
* TweakableParachutes: Changed the default values for deployment factors to provide a better experience with not crashing your parts.
* TweakableReactionWheels: Patched the OKTO core's reaction wheel values to default to a value that won't suffer floating point errors and slow down the tweakable.
* Minor code cleanup.