[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

On 7/10/2016 at 8:08 PM, toadicus said:

Hey all!  I've got a request to make.  I've been gone a lot the last few months: mostly because of work and a few family vacations, but also because I'm having trouble fitting modding time into my schedule these days.  It's nothing to do with whatever has apparently been going on around the forums that Scott Manley's talked about, or anything that Squad has done or is doing, it's just that my life is busy and as time wears on my life gets busier and the work of modding slowly gets less enjoyable.  It's also been a long time since I've actually played KSP: I only turn it on to test mods.

This isn't "I'm done".  I've got a few updates pending that I really need to finish and get out.  I'm committed to finishing those and making sure all of my mods work correctly with KSP 1.1.3.  I also plan to finish up VOID 1.0 and get that released.  I'm also not ready to say "I'm done", because if the mood strikes me I'd love for the mods to still be here for me to work on and keep sharing with you.

I want to take a minute to emphasize that it has been an absolute joy writing these mods, learning so much about programming from them, and sharing them with you.  Our communities have been extremely friendly, and having you all along for the journey with me has really been fantastic.  There have been many of you that really stand out as going the extra mile to help with support in the threads, and it is so pleasing to see how when I'm out (or even just asleep), you guys are still here helping each other.

So, if this isn't "I'm done", what is it?  For now, this is "I'd like some help".  Most of my mods are basically in maintenance mode at this point.  I've got some bugs to fix in AntennaRange, a feature to fix and a feature to add in TweakableEverything, and the Scripted functionality to finish in VOID.  I'm going to get those done one way or another -- probably on my own, hopefully next week.  But past that, the mods really just need some TLC every time Squad updates the game, and when a new player turns over a bit of untested code in a corner to find a bug or defect.

If you're interested, please e-mail me: my address is andy (at) wtribe (dotcom), and I'd love to hear from you.  You don't need to be a C# expert, but programming experience seems pretty necessary.  I'm happy to hold your hand through things and help you learn -- that's how I learned, and I'm entirely willing to share what I've learned with you.  Write me a quick letter -- maybe a couple of paragraphs -- so I can tell you're not a robot, and in the letter just try to convince me that you're right for the projects and willing to do what you can to keep these mods successful, and these threads positive.

I'm cross-posting this on the threads for all my mods.  Thanks again for being awesome!

I've sent a message to @toadicius about this mod, hope to hear from him soon

Linuxgurugamer

For the record, it's true!  I've given linuxgurugamer express, written permission to carry on development of this mod, including rights to use its name, my name, and all code, patches, graphics, and/or other assets.  Moderation team, you are invited to move this thread over to his ownership at his request.

Thanks to all for your support these last two years!  It's been a real joy working with you all.

Edited by toadicus
the->this

52 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

thanks toadicus enjoyed using antenna range eva manager and tweakable everything for a long time. 

probably need to buy a bigger plate for linux what is that 40 mods you take care of now? 

I lost count.  And I just finished with 2 more, EVA Enhancements and Part Commander.  1.2 was released too late for me to do anything today, so watch for updates over the weekend.

Twealable everything is going to take a little while;  it's a complicated system, and a quick look showed lots of things which need to be changed and tested.

Thanks alot for all your hard work, toadicus! Your mods have given me alot of fun over the versions of KSP and years i've been playing, this one in particular being a go to one for me! Good to see its found a new caretaker.

So long Toadicus, and thanks for all the tweaks!

geez, once again Linux steps up to be a hero.   seems like most of my long time used mods have become your adopted children.  I dont know where you find the time, but i'm very glad you do!

On 10/11/2016 at 6:18 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I lost count.  And I just finished with 2 more, EVA Enhancements and Part Commander.  1.2 was released too late for me to do anything today, so watch for updates over the weekend.

Twealable everything is going to take a little while;  it's a complicated system, and a quick look showed lots of things which need to be changed and tested.

Just an update, Tweakable Everything seems to be working well now, I am aiming for a Sunday release

Beta release for 1.2:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/TweakableEverything/releases/tag/0.1.16-beta

Please let me know of any issues.

Some minor functionality has been removed because Stock now has it.  Also, the TweakableEVA is disabled if EVAEnhancements is installed, since EVAenhancements does more than the TweakableEVA