[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

Hi! I like tweakables and I like to tweak, however, I don't like how stiff the suspension is on some of the rover wheels. It makes for uncontrollable bounciness. Would it be possible for you to add tweakable springrate and damping for rover wheels to your list of tweaks?

I've taken a look through things, and it doesn't look to me like there's a way for me to do that. Sorry!

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 0.6.4! This version fixed exploits and bugs, improves the behavior of tweaked docking nodes, and adds a new module, TweakableAnimateGeneric, which allows items like antennas, science parts, and certain mod parts to be opened and closed, retracted and deployed, etc., in the editor.

CHANGELOG:

v.0.6.4 [2014-02-27]
* Fixed an exploit around slider tweaks getting infinitely larger (or smaller) upper limits as parts were duplicated in the editor.
* Built a new generic animation wrapper backend for all of the tweaks that deal with animations.
* TweakableDockingNodes: Hopefully fixed a bug that involved animated ports sometimes being unable to undock from things.
* NEW MODULE TweakableAnimateGeneric: Adds a toggle for all parts that use Squad's ModuleAnimateGeneric, such as antennae, allowing them to be extended and retracted, etc., in the editor.
* Added configurable bounds to all modules with slider tweaks. After loading a part featuring such a tweak, a plugin config .xml file will appear that will allow blanket caps to the slider range multipliers. Certain modules also allow per-part config multiplier adjustments.

Random thought: Could you add a tweak to the external command seat so we could set its mass to what it would be if there was a Kerbal sitting in it? And if possible only do that in the VAB/SPH?

So long as the command seat doesn't do everything completely different from everything, that should be doable.

[ERR 05:42:14.190] KSPAction method 'ActionGimbalFlip'must have argument of type KSPActionParam

This err message is appearing in the log whenever any part has anything to do with gimbal. I have not seen any issues in game that can be traced back to this error message.

mod version 0.6.4

Thanks

Edited by Mujun Kross
added mod version

Whatever happened with my suggestion of being able to tweak if a Decoupler showed up in the staging list or not? And another suggestion, a tweakable for engines to enable/disable the shroud. Both of these are just flags in the part cfg so I would hope they aren't too difficult to implement.

Whatever happened with my suggestion of being able to tweak if a Decoupler showed up in the staging list or not? And another suggestion, a tweakable for engines to enable/disable the shroud. Both of these are just flags in the part cfg so I would hope they aren't too difficult to implement.

Oops! I should keep better track of my to-do list. ;)

I've now got a working implementation of tweakable staging for decouplers internally (thanks to TaranisElsu for a nudge in the right direction!), but before I release it I have a question for those interested: would you see this option completely disabling the decoupler (e.g. action groups and right-click menus would be unable to fire the decoupler), or should this just take it out of the staging list, thus effectively requiring such an action to fire the decoupler? I am leaning towards the latter as the more sensible case, thinking that the desire is likely to clean landers, probes, and other craft out of the staging list, or to require manual toggles for specific portions of a composite vessel.

I'll take a look at shroud-disabling this week.

Oops! I should keep better track of my to-do list. ;)

I've now got a working implementation of tweakable staging for decouplers internally (thanks to TaranisElsu for a nudge in the right direction!), but before I release it I have a question for those interested: would you see this option completely disabling the decoupler (e.g. action groups and right-click menus would be unable to fire the decoupler), or should this just take it out of the staging list, thus effectively requiring such an action to fire the decoupler? I am leaning towards the latter as the more sensible case, thinking that the desire is likely to clean landers, probes, and other craft out of the staging list, or to require manual toggles for specific portions of a composite vessel.

I vote #2. Why put a decoupler on if you never want to use it? However, there are many times I drag them all up to the very top so they won't get hit by accident and I can right-click to decouple them.

Open the tank with the actions group will be the feature i love to see in that mod ( i don't know how hard it is)

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "open the tank" here. Could you clarify?

I also just noticed a glaring oversite in the stock game that I'm not sure if its within the scope of this mod to correct. RCS thrusters only have an action group entry for toggling and not an enable and disable action.

I'll have to test it tonight to be certain but I'm reasonably certain I can and as of just now, have.

Think I found a rather annoying bug.

It appears as though the decoupler ejection force slider is incompatible with KW fairings.

07hMraL.png

I cannot change the slider, it stays at 0 and they do in fact eject with 0 force, as the remnants of the solar panels that were on my payload but are now floating in space after getting caught on the fairings will tell you. Doubly irritating as you can't attach separtrons to the fairings to help push them away.

Not reproducible every time, but I'm pretty sure it's this mod that caused it. I have a test .craft if anyone wants to help confirm (obviously need KW installed and it's built with FAR installed, but has plenty of dV to get into orbit without FAR. Middle stage is kinda low TWR though).

EDIT: Now with picture proof!

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

I'll have to test it tonight to be certain but I'm reasonably certain I can and as of just now, have.

Oh, color me intrigued!

There's a few non-stock parts I'd *really* like to add this functionality to (enable/disable) that presently only have toggle as an option. For example, landing gear and cargo bay doors (both can be disastrous when an inadvertent "toggle" results in the opposite intended action). Is this something I can do myself via Module Manager and/or editing .cfg files... or is it reliant on being compiled into your .dll?

If it's the former, would you be so kind to outline the general syntax? Thanks! :)

Think I found a rather annoying bug.

It appears as though the decoupler ejection force slider is incompatible with KW fairings.

http://i.imgur.com/07hMraL.png

I cannot change the slider, it stays at 0 and they do in fact eject with 0 force, as the remnants of the solar panels that were on my payload but are now floating in space after getting caught on the fairings will tell you. Doubly irritating as you can't attach separtrons to the fairings to help push them away.

Not reproducible every time, but I'm pretty sure it's this mod that caused it. I have a test .craft if anyone wants to help confirm (obviously need KW installed and it's built with FAR installed, but has plenty of dV to get into orbit without FAR. Middle stage is kinda low TWR though).

EDIT: Now with picture proof!

Yup... that's me, sorta. The KW fairings use a negative ejection force, which isn't something I'd planned for. I'll revisit the clamping code there Soon.

Oh, color me intrigued!

There's a few non-stock parts I'd *really* like to add this functionality to (enable/disable) that presently only have toggle as an option. For example, landing gear and cargo bay doors (both can be disastrous when an inadvertent "toggle" results in the opposite intended action). Is this something I can do myself via Module Manager and/or editing .cfg files... or is it reliant on being compiled into your .dll?

If it's the former, would you be so kind to outline the general syntax? Thanks! :)

Sorry, it's the latter: action group items require some code to be compiled into a .dll. That said, it's really really simple to add them for stuff like enable/disable when a toggle already exists, using the "helper" module concept like I'm using in TweakableEverything.

I'm hoping to have a new release up in the next couple of days... but of course if you tell anyone I'll disavow all knowledge of any release dates. :P

Yup... that's me, sorta. The KW fairings use a negative ejection force, which isn't something I'd planned for. I'll revisit the clamping code there Soon

Awesome! Thanks, looking forward to the next update! Great mod, by the way. Really quite helpful.

EDIT: in the meantime, is there something I can change in a cfg somewhere to stop this from happening?

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

EDIT: in the meantime, is there something I can change in a cfg somewhere to stop this from happening?

Add these lines to TweakableDecouplers.cfg:

@PART[KW*FairingCone]:Final
{
!MODULE[ModuleTweakableDecouple] {}
}

That will completely remove all of my tweakables from the KW fairing cones.

Edit: the fix for this is done internally!

Edited by toadicus

TweakableEverything has been updated to verion 0.6.5! This update adds a toggle to remove decouplers from staging, action group items for RCS thrusters, and miscellaneous improvements.

CHANGELOG:

v.0.6.5 [2014-03-17]
* TweakableRCS: Added enable/disable action group items.
* TweakableDecouplers: Added a new tweak to remove decouplers from the staging list.
* TweakableDockingNode: Improved the behavior of the exposable attach nodes.
* Added handling for negative default values to tweakable initialization (fixes KW Fairing Cone bug).
* Fixed a warning message to do with the gimbal flip action item.

When I open the b9 aerospace shielded docking port it doesn't have a node for me to connect another port to it

That's really a B9 issue, not related to this mod, but basically the port model has no node defined, if you wanted to use it that way a suitably placed node would need adding by editing the part configuration file. It's probably that way because of the animation and not being intended to be pre-connected.

Adding the line:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.3, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

to the part.cfg file in (KSP path)/GameData/B9_Aerospace/Parts/Utility_DockingPort_CDP will make it do what you want.

Edited by Roxette

When I open the b9 aerospace shielded docking port it doesn't have a node for me to connect another port to it
That's really a B9 issue, not related to this mod, but basically the port model has no node defined, if you wanted to use it that way a suitably placed node would need adding by editing the part configuration file. It's probably that way because of the animation and not being intended to be pre-connected.

Roxette is correct: the B9 docking port is handled by the Firespitter plugin, not this mod. I've looked into integrating it, but it's not straightforward and requires clobbering a lot of the Firespitter functionality, and I'm not crazy about adding any sort of dependency (even just of the copypasta variety) to the Firespitter code at this time.

I just started using this and it's brilliant! I would like to be able to toggle engine fairings from stock and KW/AIES so that when they're in a fairing or using the Mercury Stack Clamp from FASA they aren't covered. Any chance of that being added?