[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

I saw this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/122152-Decoupler-animation-plays-in-VAB-and-there-s-more?p=1959019#post1959019 which mentions that tweakscale was causing that buggyness with the staging, so I'll have to look into that in the morning.

When i I removed tweak able staging, one of the parts (fairing bases) made the loading proccess freeze and the output log said tweak able staging was a dependency, so I have absolutely no clue what was going on there.

Okay, not tweakscale. I suppose ignore the tweakstaging freaking out, what about the extra stages appearing?

I'll test on a cleaner save branch.

Also, I tested this morning to see if those KWrocketry parts freaked out without tweakable staging and nope, so, I have no clue what happened yesterday O.o

The extra stages appearing isn't reproducing in stock. I wonder if it's related to that KSPAPIEL conflict that you mentioned earlier.

Edited by smjjames

This is maybe late, but can you add a function to tweak the seperation force of the fairings? They are way overpowered now and knock my craft around when i seperate them.

Anyway, thanks.

Toadicus, I think I can say something about KSPAPIEL and KSPAPIExtensions.

At first I must say about strange issue. Steps to reproduce the bug:

1. ProceduralFairings and TweakableEverything (1.11.1 or 1.11.1a) needed.

2. In VAB place any part.

3. Check tweakables on that - it must works.

4. Select and place Procedural Fairing Adapter.

5. Check tweakables on it - nothing happens.

6. Check tweakables on any other part - absolutely nothing.

7. Delete all parts. Even you can press "NEW".

8. Place any part and check tweakables - nothing happens.

9. If you want reset "disappearing show", exit to KSC and enter to hangar again.

The workaround for this issue is next: in Procedural Fairings Adapter config file you must

replace

ejectionForce = 0

to

ejectionForce = 10

And problem is solved.

CONCLUSION: Problem concers both libraries, KSPAPIExtensions and KSPAPIEL.

Today's updates to Toadicus Tools and Tweakable Everything removed my ability to change the shape and texture of procedural parts (those two tweakables disappeared from the parts' right-click menu). Uninstalling them fixed this issue.

There's an empty space in PP tank menu now, where my IFS content options were; that after 1.9-1.11.1 update of TE. In log I see:

[ERR] ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_ChooseOption' not found.

Will try to downgrade TE now.

Edit: downgrading to 1.10 helped.

Having the same issues as others when combining TE 1.11 with the Procedural Fairings. Trying to right-click on the interstage fairing disables all right click menus from working until I exit and reenter the VAB. Downloaded TE 1.11.1 and now tweakables are missing from Procedural Parts.

I'm noticing that I get this error with Tweakable Everything:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionScaleEdit.CreateTemplate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionsExtendedRegistration+<Register>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It happens on scene change to a vessel and in flight and I can tell that it has something to do with tweakable everything because if I remove it, it goes away, and when I put it in, it comes back. Currently looking into what mod interaction is causing it.

Edit: Using 1.11.1a

TweakableEverything and MSI Infernal Robotics is one.

Procedural Fairings and Tweakable Everything

Tweakscale and tweakable everything.

I'm guessing it's anything that uses KSPAPI.

Edited by smjjames

Except putting it back to KSP tweakables causes the VAB to lag horribly when something tweakable is right clicked. :( At least I think that's what the cause was. And yes I know the root cause is actually a stock bug.

I agree that it's broken all around, at least when it comes to KSPAPI interactions.

Edited by smjjames

We need to go through all the tweakable everything dlls 1 by 1 and fid out which on is messing things up. So far i got solar panels and eva tweakables in and deleted the rest and its working so far.

Erf, I suppose........

Edit: Deleted all but the plugindata and the KSPAPI, working my way through it alphabetically by putting things back in, starting with tweakable staging.

Edit2: AND tweakablestaging triggers that exception. Going to remove tweakable staging and see what it does.

Edit3: It does it without tweakablestaging, going to remove the rest of those plugindata folders.

Edit4: Even with nothing in there, it still generates that exception.... *rips out the KSPAPIextensions* I'm doing this on a branchoff copy of KSP, so, if something gets horribly screwed up, my main save is fine. :)

Edited by smjjames

*experiments by transplanting the KSPAPI from.... um... tweakscale!*

Edit: The transplanted KSPAPI from tweakscale appears to work. Going to give it a shot on my main save.

Edited by smjjames

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

After loading a saved game, the above spam occurs when right clicking a Kerbal during EVA, when FAR is installed along side TweakableEverything. No menu appears. Disabling TweakableEva.dll or EVAManager.dll seems to resolve the issue. Will cross post to FAR.

Reproductions steps:

Install FAR and Tweakable Everything in a fresh installation.

Start a new sandbox career mode.

Launch a MK1 Capsule

EVA Jebediah

Right click Jebediah and note that the EVA menu appears

Board the MK1 Capsule, recover the capsule, and exit the game.

Restart the game and load the saved game.

Launch the MK1 Capsule

EVA Jebediah

Right click Jebediah and note that the EVA menu does not appear, and the debug window is full of the NRE spam.

everyone ever, I think smjjames' concept of going to the previous, full KSPAPIExtensions release is probably the best resolution until the split version is released and other mods start compiling against it. I'll test some ASAP to make sure I don't need to do any recompiling. Thanks to all for your variously-helpful bug reports, and for loving the mod. :)

Jikahn, thanks for the report, I'll look in to it!

OK yous guys. I'm packaging the last official release of KSPAPIExtensions until the new split version gets released and adopted, assuming that happens. For now, we're depending on the whole thing. I also fixed up TweakableParachutes a little bit.

Jikahn, I tried reproducing your issue with this version per your steps, and couldn't do so. Hopefully that means it's fixed. :)

I haven't messed around with tweaking the RealChutesLite stuff that comes with FAR yet. I'll take a look and maybe talk to ferram4 or stupid_chris; it might be best to disable TweakableParachutes when FAR is installed.

CHANGELOG:

v.1.11.3 [2015-05-21]
* Changed the way KSPAPIExtensions is packaged to make it play more nicely with others.
* TweakableParachutes: Fixed the tweakables to be easier to use and not appear to be on "0" all the time.

(edit: this is before the update you pushed minutes ago)

So after deleting the old files and putting the newest version from Kerbalstuff,

I took otthe staging things but got a ton of...

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[StageGroup].CheckIndex (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[StageGroup].Insert (Int32 index, .StageGroup item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Staging.addStageAt (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Staging.AddStageAt (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakableEverything.ModuleStagingToggle.SwitchStaging (Boolean enabled) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakableEverything.ModuleStagingToggle.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And then this showed up, again a looot of instances

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit.UpdateValueDisplay (Single newValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit.UpdateItem () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionWindow.CreatePartList (Boolean clearFirst) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionWindow.UpdateWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionController.UpdateActiveWindows () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionController.UpdateFlight () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I hadn't noticed these and by then there was a Kerbal in EVA...

Link to Log File The mess starts around the 186000-ish line, although it does show up throughout the file as soon as "Duna Mothership" is switched to.

Quick update regarding TweakableParachutes and FAR: the RealChuteLite that's packaged with FAR doesn't use either of the two values that TP tweaks, and shouldn't need them adjusted. Since nothing bad is happening I'm going to leave it alone for tonight, but if you want to make the useless sliders go away, add, ",!FerramAerospaceResearch" to the :NEEDS[] block in TweakableParachutes.cfg, thus:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleParachute]]:FOR[TweakableEverything]:NEEDS[!RealChute[B],!FerramAerospaceResearch[/B]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleTweakableParachute
deploymentFactor = 1
semiDeploymentFactor = 2
}
}