[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

Can conform this. For me my game crashed but it could be something else that cause the crash

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[StageGroup].CheckIndex (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[StageGroup].Insert (Int32 index, .StageGroup item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Staging.addStageAt (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Staging.AddStageAt (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TweakableEverything.ModuleStagingToggle.SwitchStaging (Boolean enabled) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TweakableEverything.ModuleStagingToggle.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30637586/KSPForum/Kerbal%20Space%20Program.zip

Confirmed: Exited a capsule on the launchpad which triggered the exception spam.

Alright folks, I'm now using the filthiest methods available in an effort to actually detect when it is unsafe to add a stage or prompt a staging sort. Give this dev build a shot: [zip] [tar.gz] [tar.xz]

I'll include a patch to make ejectionForce on the PF adapter non-zero and/or handle the deficiency dynamically in the next update.

Not getting the previous staging error.....got something new. This error is apparently preventing me from right clicking on anything. Right click failure showed up after doing an EVA and returning to vessel.

[EXC 20:50:22.205] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit.UpdateValueDisplay (Single newValue)
KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit.UpdateItem ()
UIPartActionWindow.CreatePartList (Boolean clearFirst)
UIPartActionWindow.UpdateWindow ()
UIPartActionController.UpdateActiveWindows ()
UIPartActionController.UpdateFlight ()
UIPartActionController.Update ()

Using Tweakscale dev build from post #677

Gristle, I can't duplicate that per your steps. But, I've just realized I don't know for sure what version of KSPAPIExtensions is on the laptop I used to upload that dev build earlier, so here's another one: [zip] [tar.gz] [tar.xz]

If you still have an issue please get me a full log; individual items don't help me very much, especially when they don't mention any of my code.

This for some reason this caused a cataclysmic event in KSP today. I was trying to translate using the RCS, I switched from Rotation to Linear, and boom my RAM blew up, mechjeb and planetshine failed on top of that.

This line got spammed...

(Filename: Line: -1)

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ToadicusTools.Tools.getModulesOfType'.

Then this happened...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Versioning.get_version_minor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalJointReinforcement.CompatibilityChecker.IsCompatible () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalJointReinforcement.CompatibilityChecker.IsAllCompatible () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MeshFilter:set_sharedMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh)

at SpriteMesh.CreateMesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteMesh.get_mesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteRoot.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteBase.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIListItemContainer.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (Int32 index, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIApp.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And this...

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MeshFilter:set_sharedMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh)

at SpriteMesh.CreateMesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteMesh.get_mesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteRoot.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteBase.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIListItemContainer.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (Int32 index, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ResourceDisplay.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GenericAppFrame.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoCrewMember.UnregisterExperienceTraits (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.UnregisterCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FinePrint.WaypointManager.RemoveWaypoint (FinePrint.Waypoint wp) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.SurveyWaypointParameter.OnUnregister () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractParameter.Unregister () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.Contract.Unregister () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It was as if every plugin I had installed just failed... And as a note my ram was okay, I still had a gigabyte left. (well until it was loaded up with NRE spam.) I couldn't close the debug menu after I opened it to see what when wrong.

Eskandare, that first error indicates your version of ToadicusTools and TweakableEverything (or Another of my mods) don't mesh. Update all of my mods you have installed, including ToadicusTools, and it should go away.

Gristle, I can't duplicate that per your steps. But, I've just realized I don't know for sure what version of KSPAPIExtensions is on the laptop I used to upload that dev build earlier, so here's another one: [zip] [tar.gz] [tar.xz]

If you still have an issue please get me a full log; individual items don't help me very much, especially when they don't mention any of my code.

This seemed to fix it. Also noticed that the ToadicusTools.dll seemed to be newer in that dev build so I updated it also.

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 1.11.5! This version incorporates the most aggressive checks against unsafe adding or sorting of stages yet devised by the author of this mod.

CHANGELOG:

v.1.11.5 [2015-05-27]
* TweakableStaging: Still more aggressive checking to avoid and/or suppress errors when adding/sorting stages.

Eskandare, that first error indicates your version of ToadicusTools and TweakableEverything (or Another of my mods) don't mesh. Update all of my mods you have installed, including ToadicusTools, and it should go away.

Kinda what I thought, odd it reacted like that to RCS translation.

I'll go though all your mods and make sure it is all up to date.

curtquarquesso, have you tried Lexx Thai's recommendation?

The workaround for this issue is next: in Procedural Fairings Adapter config file you must

replace

ejectionForce = 0

to

ejectionForce = 10

A better way to do this might be a modulemanager patch like so:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]:HAS[#ejectionForce[0]]]:BEFORE[TweakableEverything]
{
@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
{
@ejectionForce = 10
}
}

This should change any 0-force decouplers to 10 kN decouplers.

TweakableEverything causes the craft to be locked into place(altitude doesn't move or speed) when switching to an ejected stage in "Flight Manager for Reusable Stages".

Is this a know issue? I'm running on it on Linux.

Albert VDS, I've never used that mod nor done any testing against it. Can you provide a copy of your debug log (Windows: \path\to\KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt; Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log; Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log) after a short run of the game exhibiting the problem? Also, please be as specific as you can about the simplest way to duplicate your issue. Does it happen literally every time you switch to any ejected stage, or only sometimes? If only sometimes, how do you make it happen every time?

It seems plausible to me that something of mine may not be starting up correctly following whatever method they use of switching ships and altering time. But, I can't tell what or why without a log. :)

Hey toadicus, I've got a bitty cosmetic bug report to file about Tweakable Engine Fairings. When launching the Kerbal 2 or Z-MAP satellite launch kit (but not the Kerbal X) directly from clicking the launchpad at the main menu, the engine has its fairing on even though there's nothing attached beneath it. It doesn't happen when they're launched from the VAB, nor does it seem to have any performance impact, but it looks kind of funny.

Albert VDS, I've never used that mod nor done any testing against it. Can you provide a copy of your debug log (Windows: \path\to\KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt; Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log; Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log) after a short run of the game exhibiting the problem? Also, please be as specific as you can about the simplest way to duplicate your issue. Does it happen literally every time you switch to any ejected stage, or only sometimes? If only sometimes, how do you make it happen every time?

It seems plausible to me that something of mine may not be starting up correctly following whatever method they use of switching ships and altering time. But, I can't tell what or why without a log. :)

Heres the player.log: http://pasted.co/f3c6ad05

To reproduce it you'll your mode and Flight Manager for Reusable Stages.

Build a rocket with 2 docking ports instead of decouplers and set one up so it can stage.

Launch the rocket, but make sure FMRS is enabled.

After reaching space, or you could do it after staging, switch back to the decouple stage with the FMRS window.

That craft should be hanging motionless in the air.

Pardon if this isn't relevant to the thread, but until a week or two ago I had an option to middle click a part in the VAB to get more info on it (mass, etc.), which was very helpful. That option doesn't exist for me anymore. I don't even know if it was stock or a mod (possibly this one?) that allowed it. Does anyone know? I'd really like to get that back.

This mod conflicts with Procedural Fairings: placing an interstage fairing while TE is installed will break the right click menu until the game is restarted.

That's an issue with proc fairings. Go into the interstage base and give its decoupler force a number other than zero and it's fixed.

Im using this mod alongside FASA, but i cant 'tweak' any FASA parts... Is there a way to make them compatible atall? Something via Config files maybe?

Are you sure you can't tweak any FASA parts? Most of them appear to have stock modules, and the ModuleManager patch I use, for example to match decouplers, should work just fine with any mod parts using stock modules. Do you have specific examples of parts that do not work? Can you check any decouplers (fairing bases/sides, maybe?) to be sure they're not getting tweakables?