[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

May i ask for a feature?

That is to make gimbals flipable:

I made a mini space shuttle and to make it work i needed to flip the engines to fit but, because i flipped them, i cannot the gimbals because they are inverted to the input.

Stupid request but this has always bugged me about the stock game. It's not relating to tweakables per se but it's in the same wheel house.

Could you fix that bug where, when landing gear is retracted, you have to hit "g" twice to deploy it? I'm not sure if you tweak it deployed, if you'd have to hit "g" twice to retract it.

My guess has always been that somewhere in the code is a flag saying it's deployed even when it's not, so the first time you hit "g" it tries to retract them but they're already retracted. Then, you hit "g" again and they deploy normally. After that, "g" works as expected.

Must have come into the game with planes - their gear is always deployed at launch.

The first "g" simply turns off the light of the gear indicator for rockets. :wink:

I have a strange problem with your Add-on. If I have it installed, my right-click menus does not disappear outside hangar. And more recent ones opens under the older ones. So if I clicked on the command pod to get crew report, I can't manually decouple docking port next to it, as it's menu is below... Dunno how, dunno why, but it pretty much prevents me from using your tweaks :(

I figured out how to enable/disable staging for my TAC Self Destruct mod: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacSe...estruct.cs#L99. Feel free to copy & paste some stuff from it. It was not hard, but there are some gotchas when the game loads the vessel or when switching between adjacent vessels. I'm not sure that I got it completely figured out.

Thanks! I will take a look.

I haven't forgotten about this one; I just haven't had time. Not to worry, it's still on the radar.

May i ask for a feature?

That is to make gimbals flipable:

I made a mini space shuttle and to make it work i needed to flip the engines to fit but, because i flipped them, i cannot the gimbals because they are inverted to the input.

I'll look in to it. I know there are other mods that do the same thing, so it's possible, but if it involves extending the gimbal module it may be out of scope here. I'll keep you posted!

I have a strange problem with your Add-on. If I have it installed, my right-click menus does not disappear outside hangar. And more recent ones opens under the older ones. So if I clicked on the command pod to get crew report, I can't manually decouple docking port next to it, as it's menu is below... Dunno how, dunno why, but it pretty much prevents me from using your tweaks :(

This sounds like some kind of Exceptional behavior. Are you running any other mods, particularly mods that may be out of date or add their own tweakables, that might be conflicting? Either way, I use this mod in my own play all the time, and have never experienced what you're looking at. If you could throw the contents of your log file (in Windows: \path\to\KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt, in Linux: ~/.config/Unity3D/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log) into a pastebin or so, I'll take a look and see what I can see.

Does this consistently reappear after uninstalling and reinstalling the mod?

Luckily, turns out it's random. Happens only with module installed, but only about once in ten, so going to the space center and back to flight usually fixes it. And second thing, it seems it's not that they aren't closed. It is just an enormous lag with closing. I have weak computer, so yea... Sorry I bothered you.

Feature request:

Could you make a decoupling force defined in decoupler's file a medium one? I mean, I would like to see the bar to be 50% full on them, so we could not only weak them, but also make them stronger if needed. I understand that allowing for example more fuel would not make sense, but stuffing more explosives, or stronger ones, is not that hard, and they are negligible % of decoupler's mass anyway.

Edited by Mołot

Feature request:

Could you make a decoupling force defined in decoupler's file a medium one? I mean, I would like to see the bar to be 50% full on them, so we could not only weak them, but also make them stronger if needed. I understand that allowing for example more fuel would not make sense, but stuffing more explosives, or stronger ones, is not that hard, and they are negligible % of decoupler's mass anyway.

That should already be the case; can you confirm for me that the decouplers don't start in the "middle" when you initially place one?

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 0.6.2! This minor release adds a gimbal control reverse toggle, available in the editor, in flight, and in action groups, for those building puller rockets and such.

CHANGELOG:

v.0.6.2 [2014-01-26]
* TweakableGimbals: Added a "reverse control" toggle, available in the editor and in flight.

Edited by toadicus

Great! I love having negative gimbal now, but is there any chance of this working with the tweakable gimbal side by side? Because with this mod, tweakable gimbal is no longer taken into effect, so I have to delete the gimbal doll included in this mod to keep tweakable gimbal working. But now with negative tweaking, I want both. ;)

Great! I love having negative gimbal now, but is there any chance of this working with the tweakable gimbal side by side? Because with this mod, tweakable gimbal is no longer taken into effect, so I have to delete the gimbal doll included in this mod to keep tweakable gimbal working. But now with negative tweaking, I want both. ;)

Hmm, do you mean that my own gimbal range slider doesn't work in this new version when the controls are inverted, or is there another mod with which I've broken compatibility? I've just had a second test of things and it certainly looks to me like my gimbal range functionality is working just fine. If you're looking at another mod, shoot me a link and I'll at least tell you if it's possible or not. ;)

Hmm, do you mean that my own gimbal range slider doesn't work in this new version when the controls are inverted, or is there another mod with which I've broken compatibility? I've just had a second test of things and it certainly looks to me like my gimbal range functionality is working just fine. If you're looking at another mod, shoot me a link and I'll at least tell you if it's possible or not. ;)

Oh yes, that wasn't too clear that "Tweakable gimbal" is a another mod. Here is the link: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66128-0-23-TweakableGimbal-%28V0-2-1-release-Jan-18-2014%29?highlight=TweakableGimbal

Oh yes, that wasn't too clear that "Tweakable gimbal" is a another mod. Here is the link: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66128-0-23-TweakableGimbal-%28V0-2-1-release-Jan-18-2014%29?highlight=TweakableGimbal

I took a quick look at HoneyFox's code and our gimbal code not only works almost exactly the same way, but our modules are even named the same. I don't think there's any way for my TweakableGimbals library to be made compatible with his. That said, I'm pretty sure HoneyFox's library does everything my library does and then some; you should be able to invert the controls by toggling the Yaw, Pitch, and Roll Reverse tweaks. If you're looking for the level of customization available in HoneyFox's library, you should probably just use that instead. :)

I took a quick look at HoneyFox's code and our gimbal code not only works almost exactly the same way, but our modules are even named the same. I don't think there's any way for my TweakableGimbals library to be made compatible with his. That said, I'm pretty sure HoneyFox's library does everything my library does and then some; you should be able to invert the controls by toggling the Yaw, Pitch, and Roll Reverse tweaks. If you're looking for the level of customization available in HoneyFox's library, you should probably just use that instead. :)

Oops, the class name is also the same? Well that's not strange since it's quite a common name. :P

Still I think we need to negotiate about that so that people can use both mods at the same time...

EDIT: Ok, I reviewed my codes and checked your codes.

Here's the situation:

My plugin will make the stock Gimbal module skip the gimbal-range check and my plugin will constrain the gimbal range by the value in my module instead.

Your plugin seems to add UI_FloatRange attribute (and changed some properties of that) onto the stock Gimbal module's GimbalRange field.

So if we simply change to use different class names, there will be two gimbal range tweaking options but only mine will actually work. This will bring confusion to players...

I thought about two solutions, both need to change different class names:

1) I remove my gimbal range tweaking capability and use the stock module's gimbalRange for constraining, but then I need to install your plugin to have the capability to adjust gimbal range. P.S: my option is tweakable during flight, yours doesn't seem to be. Probably you can consider changing that to be tweakable during flight too.

2) You remove the gimbal range tweaking capability, but for users that only want that features instead of those complex control coefficients, they have to install my plugin.

Edited by HoneyFox

Oops, the class name is also the same? Well that's not strange since it's quite a common name. :P

Still I think we need to negotiate about that so that people can use both mods at the same time...

EDIT: Ok, I reviewed my codes and checked your codes.

Here's the situation:

My plugin will make the stock Gimbal module skip the gimbal-range check and my plugin will constrain the gimbal range by the value in my module instead.

Your plugin seems to add UI_FloatRange attribute (and changed some properties of that) onto the stock Gimbal module's GimbalRange field.

So if we simply change to use different class names, there will be two gimbal range tweaking options but only mine will actually work. This will bring confusion to players...

I thought about two solutions, both need to change different class names:

1) I remove my gimbal range tweaking capability and use the stock module's gimbalRange for constraining, but then I need to install your plugin to have the capability to adjust gimbal range. P.S: my option is tweakable during flight, yours doesn't seem to be. Probably you can consider changing that to be tweakable during flight too.

2) You remove the gimbal range tweaking capability, but for users that only want that features instead of those complex control coefficients, they have to install my plugin.

Those solutions are not unreasonable, but realistically is there anything that my mod offers that yours doesn't? Because in my mind the better solution is to just opt out of my TweakableGimbals code and use yours instead. I intentionally broke the mod out in to individual libraries for this specific reason; if my TweakableGimbals isn't working with another mod that tweaks gimbals better, removing the .dll should completely ameliorate the problem.

If I am providing functionality that you are not, or even if it's just a better solution in the general case, I can just detect your mod and remove my gimbal range tweak if yours is available.

Those solutions are not unreasonable, but realistically is there anything that my mod offers that yours doesn't? Because in my mind the better solution is to just opt out of my TweakableGimbals code and use yours instead. I intentionally broke the mod out in to individual libraries for this specific reason; if my TweakableGimbals isn't working with another mod that tweaks gimbals better, removing the .dll should completely ameliorate the problem.

If I am providing functionality that you are not, or even if it's just a better solution in the general case, I can just detect your mod and remove my gimbal range tweak if yours is available.

There is... well, the gimbal lock tweakable in VAB/SPH, which my plugin doesn't have. :P

This is what I was thinking of:

Light weight gimbal options: Gimbal lock, Gimbal range.

Advanced gimbal options: Control coefficients (and reverse controls) for pitch/yaw/roll channels...

And i was hoping that your plugin still serves the light weight mode, so that players who only want these can install yours while players wanting more advanced controls can install mine, too.

Never mind, i didn't see your statement that you provide individual libraries so that it's not hard to just replace it with mine.

Then perhaps i should also add the gimbal lock option in VAB/SPH so that features provided by your plugin will be a subset of that provided by mine.

EDIT: nah... for some unknown reason (drunk maybe?) i misread your code and thought that you have gimbal lock as a tweakable too... Never mind.

Edited by HoneyFox

There is... well, the gimbal lock tweakable in VAB/SPH, which my plugin doesn't have. :P

This is what I was thinking of:

Light weight gimbal options: Gimbal lock, Gimbal range.

Advanced gimbal options: Control coefficients (and reverse controls) for pitch/yaw/roll channels...

And i was hoping that your plugin still serves the light weight mode, so that players who only want these can install yours while players wanting more advanced controls can install mine, too.

Never mind, i didn't see your statement that you provide individual libraries so that it's not hard to just replace it with mine.

Then perhaps i should also add the gimbal lock option in VAB/SPH so that features provided by your plugin will be a subset of that provided by mine.

EDIT: nah... for some unknown reason (drunk maybe?) i misread your code and thought that you have gimbal lock as a tweakable too... Never mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong: Consensus is that my TweakableGimbals is a subset of your TweakableGimbals, and that users seeking more advanced customization should toss my dll and use yours instead. If so, I'll put a note to such effect in my OP.

Correct me if I'm wrong: Consensus is that my TweakableGimbals is a subset of your TweakableGimbals, and that users seeking more advanced customization should toss my dll and use yours instead. If so, I'll put a note to such effect in my OP.

Correct. I would also provide a link to yours for those who accidentally get in and don't want too many options.

Besides, TweakableEverything provides functions for much more types of part modules. :)

Oh and perhaps i need to provide action group events for Reverse controls as well, which is currently missing.

Correct. I would also provide a link to yours for those who accidentally get in and don't want too many options.

Besides, TweakableEverything provides functions for much more types of part modules. :)

Oh and perhaps i need to provide action group events for Reverse controls as well, which is currently missing.

Compatibility note and link to your mod added to the OP. Thanks for the consultation!

That should already be the case; can you confirm for me that the decouplers don't start in the "middle" when you initially place one?

Sorry for long delay. I'll try updated version and brand new ship, but no, at the moment of posting they didn't. I have couple of plugins that use ModuleManager, so I'll try to separately download DLL, too. And if this will not help, well, I'll try to test it on a clean install with this addon only.

Your mod pack looks really handy so far, but I've got a couple of tweak able requests that I haven't seen yet.

The first would be the ability to adjust the thrust of the EVA pack. It makes a great jet pack on low gravity worlds, but seems way overpowered for precise movement around a station in zero g.

The second would be the ability to invert the roll axis. If you're flying a rocket or plane all of the controls seem pretty intuitive. When you pitch up to use your capsule as a lander the roll and yaw controls trade places. A and D roll instead of yaw while pitch stays the same. So far everything is great and wsad to fly seems pretty intuitive. You want to pitch forward push the front button. You want to roll right press the right button. However, when you want to yaw right it seems like you should push the button on the right. ( the E button) Pushing E actually makes you yaw left and makes the controls less intuitive.

I understand exactly why this happens, but it's still annoying and it would be nice to have a switch to invert the roll axis when you're flying in lander mode and back when you're in plane/rocket mode.

I'm having trouble adding tweakable functionality to a custom docking port.

I've downloaded the shielded senior docking port found here and want to make it so I can start with it open or closed, as you have done with the stock port.

I have created a ModuleManager config based on the one provided with this mod but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. This is what I've got:

node_stack_tdn = 0.0, 0.1160832, 0.0, 0.0, 1, 0.0, 2

@MODULE[ModuleTweakableDockingNode]
{
TDNnodeName = tdn
deployAnimationControllerName = deployShield
}

I have checked the config file for the port and the animation is called deployShield, hence that change. The port is getting the other tweakable changes (this is handled by your MM config) but cannot be opened in the config. It is also having another node attached to the top (While closed) but it is unusable.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Your mod pack looks really handy so far, but I've got a couple of tweak able requests that I haven't seen yet.

The first would be the ability to adjust the thrust of the EVA pack. It makes a great jet pack on low gravity worlds, but seems way overpowered for precise movement around a station in zero g.

The second would be the ability to invert the roll axis. If you're flying a rocket or plane all of the controls seem pretty intuitive. When you pitch up to use your capsule as a lander the roll and yaw controls trade places. A and D roll instead of yaw while pitch stays the same. So far everything is great and wsad to fly seems pretty intuitive. You want to pitch forward push the front button. You want to roll right press the right button. However, when you want to yaw right it seems like you should push the button on the right. ( the E button) Pushing E actually makes you yaw left and makes the controls less intuitive.

I understand exactly why this happens, but it's still annoying and it would be nice to have a switch to invert the roll axis when you're flying in lander mode and back when you're in plane/rocket mode.

I'll look in to adding an in-flight tweakable for thrust limiting in EVA. I'll check on the control swapping for command pods, but I'm not sure I'm completely understanding your issue.

I'm having trouble adding tweakable functionality to a custom docking port.

I've downloaded the shielded senior docking port found here and want to make it so I can start with it open or closed, as you have done with the stock port.

I have created a ModuleManager config based on the one provided with this mod but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. This is what I've got:

node_stack_tdn = 0.0, 0.1160832, 0.0, 0.0, 1, 0.0, 2

@MODULE[ModuleTweakableDockingNode]
{
TDNnodeName = tdn
deployAnimationControllerName = deployShield
}

I have checked the config file for the port and the animation is called deployShield, hence that change. The port is getting the other tweakable changes (this is handled by your MM config) but cannot be opened in the config. It is also having another node attached to the top (While closed) but it is unusable.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

I'm not at home and can't test right now, but from the looks of things BahamutD's shielded port does not use the same set of logic as the stock shielded ports. In fact, he appears to be avoiding it intentionally. I'll try to look in to it this weekend, but it may not be something I can fix.

I'm not at home and can't test right now, but from the looks of things BahamutD's shielded port does not use the same set of logic as the stock shielded ports. In fact, he appears to be avoiding it intentionally. I'll try to look in to it this weekend, but it may not be something I can fix.

Cool cool well if that turns out to be the case I'll have to bug him/her lol. Cheers :)