Its time... for a KSP community alternative for fans by fans of KSP!

inigma

I do believe we need some kind of alternate message board in case this one ever goes down. And I think a community built by fans for fans is a great idea simply because of the redundancy such a system would provide Kerbal space program users. It will also help advertise KSP with yet another website.

Anyone who has searched anything on Spaceport recently will most likely agree that something needs to be done now for mod managers and mod fans.

A fan managed third party community can only be a good thing for KSP. I don't see it splitting up the fan base in any way since this forum will always be the go-to forum for all things KSP. A second forum would simply allow redundancy and a second chance for those who regularly get buried in the volume of this forum to get noticed.

Also I think the immediate priority for KSPs first fan managed community should be a Spaceport alternative.

Anyone have ideas on the best software to manage such?

i really dont see the need for any of these. granted, maybe squad could utilize the steam workshop for us steam folks, but other than that i dont get it. if you want an unmoderated place to discuss KSP, 4chan's /vg/ board has a KSP general.

actualy, in addition to 4chan, there's a big steam community already available. click ksp in steam then to the right click "community hub"

Edited by r4pt0r

Yes to making the spaceport a bit more user friendly and a bit less spam.

But as others have said, there are KSP forums on Reddit, 4chan and steam you can use too alongside this one.

I think the current forums are fine. Sure they had a major outage a while back, but I believe a lot of work was done to put them on better hardware.

tbh one of the things that gets moaned about is lack of contact from the dev team (which personally I think is uncalled for). Having another forum is only going to make that worse, either the devs will just ignore it, or it will make more work for them to keep two places informed.

I do agree that Space port is poor, mostly cos of its completely broken search, but hey, that's what google is for.

KSP is alpha and so are the things that surround it, everything is in a state of flux and its better to refine them than attempt to create new things from the ground up just to address 1 or 2 particular issues.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.