Caelib

Have you landed on Tylo?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Have you landed on Tylo?

• Yes!
    • No, I have tried but failed!
    • No, I have never tried.
    • What's Tylo?

I am about to try my first Tylo landing (and return).

Update: I have not landed on Tylo yet. I blame my flying and lack of planning ahead (ohh, a Vall flyby, let's do this) for now not having the fuel to land and take off again.

Time for a refuel mission, I think?

Yea I made it to and from tylo but....

It was my Jool mission, I landed there using roughly 95% of my fuel on my lander and it was a Near thing, I was 300m/s at one minute and didn't think I had the fuel to make it but it worked. How did I get back? Kethane, I mapped the entire moon and landed in a kethane patch and refueled my ship and made it to orbit using 70% of the fuel to get back to the mother ship.

I haven't tried it not using nukes/kethane so I really don't have any idea how to get back up without building a rather large rocket...

• 4 weeks later...
Update: I have not landed on Tylo yet. I blame my flying and lack of planning ahead (ohh, a Vall flyby, let's do this) for now not having the fuel to land and take off again.

Time for a refuel mission, I think?

And a couple of weeks later I can finally change my answer: yes, I've landed on Tylo (and made it back safely).

I have landed kerbals on Tylo and returned them.

The difficult part was not designing the lander or to perform the actual landing.

It was getting the very large lander and its ridiculously large transfer tug into space and over to Jool/Tylo.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.