[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

Considering that all of my science instruments already have reports for the default Custom Biomes set it shouldn't be too much trouble to update those results for the new stock biomes.

Just wanted to say I really dig the work you've put into the mod!

Hi, DMagic! I think I found a new bug (in v0.25, that is). Working on a new career game, I get my first magnetic field survey contract (requiring magnetometer and RPWS data from low & high orbits). Upon building my probe and going to launch it, I discover a two-fold bug: one part has to do with interacting with another mod (Kerbal Alarm Clock), and I will be mentioning this on their forum thread as well; the other part, however, has to do with maneuver nodes and the navball. Any ship that has the magnetometer boom on it (tested on two different probes and added to a previous manned ship design) will cause the KAC window to disappear as long as the scene is on that ship (i.e. the KAC window reappears when going to another ship without the boom, or back to the KSC). Also, whenever a maneuver node is created for a ship with the boom, the display of ÃŽâ€v numbers only never appears (the little 'x' for deleting the node shows up by itself).

Very strange bug, and with my admittedly modest knowledge of programming, I can't imagine why only the one part is causing it. If I take the magnetometer boom off the same ship that first showed this problem (the one with your RPWS antenna still), all is back to normal. So it seems pretty clear that the boom is the sole culprit. I believe this is the first career game I had started since the 0.25 update; at any rate, my last career game had no such problem.

If this actually was brought up before, sorry for repeating.

Any ship that has the magnetometer boom on it (tested on two different probes and added to a previous manned ship design) will cause the KAC window to disappear as long as the scene is on that ship (i.e. the KAC window reappears when going to another ship without the boom, or back to the KSC).

I use DMagic and KAC (among other mods) and I cannot confirm this. I did have a ship with the Universal Storage magnetometer boom in 0.25, and I did not see this behavior. Which boom were you using, US or non-US?

Is anyone else having issues with logging science data after the new Beta update? The button is there to collect science data but it doesn't seem to do anything for any of these parts..

I'm not sure if it's the beta update itself causing the problem or another mod conflicting with this mod after the update. I had no issues with this mod before the update, just wanted to know if anyone else is having this issue?

Thanks

Is anyone else having issues with logging science data after the new Beta update? The button is there to collect science data but it doesn't seem to do anything for any of these parts..

I'm not sure if it's the beta update itself causing the problem or another mod conflicting with this mod after the update. I had no issues with this mod before the update, just wanted to know if anyone else is having this issue?

Thanks

Yes. Im getting it with the magnetometer. Cant strip the other mods tonight but will try it alone tomorrow to see if its a game version problem or mod conflict.

Thanks

I'm having the same problem, so it's not just you. Probably got something to do with the new update and the new biomes, I'd imagine.

They're not working for me either. The US versions of stock experiments don't even work. Output log shows this error when you try to run an experiment:

MissingFieldException: Field '.CelestialBody.BiomeMap' not found.
at DMagic.Part_Modules.DMModuleScienceAnimate.makeScience (Single boost) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DMagic.Part_Modules.DMModuleScienceAnimate.runExperiment () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DMagic.Part_Modules.DMModuleScienceAnimate.DeployExperiment () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

It basically just requires a re-compile and a few changes because of the combined editor scenes. Which I unfortunately won't be able to get to tonight, or tomorrow, so maybe Thursday. I'll need to test things out too, just to make sure nothing weird happened in 0.90.

It basically just requires a re-compile and a few changes because of the combined editor scenes. Which I unfortunately won't be able to get to tonight, or tomorrow, so maybe Thursday. I'll need to test things out too, just to make sure nothing weird happened in 0.90.

No probs, DMagic, thanks for letting us know you're on the case :)

I have an idea. What about some instruments that would have to be held right next to the surface? A good example would be the APXS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_particle_X-ray_spectrometer

Another good options would be a sample drill and a microscope, as well as various spectrometers (like Mini-TES and MIMOS II). Those would give some utility to Infernal Robotics-based robotic arms. The pack could even contain arm parts, but in that case, it should probably be separate from the core mod.

For everybody waiting on this mod for the .9 install, I have edited the source and recomplied for the latest version.

The plugin cannot be found here.

This is an UNOFFICIAL update. It worked for me, but your mileage my vary. I hope this can help tide people over until the op has a chance to work on the plugin.

Have a nice day.

Edited by NathanKell
dll-only link

For everybody waiting on this mod for the .9 install, I have edited the source and recomplied for the latest version.

The plugin cannot be found here.

This is an UNOFFICIAL update. It worked for me, but your mileage my vary. I hope this can help tide people over until the op has a chance to work on the plugin.

Have a nice day.

And here I thought I was going to get some sleep tonight... :D

Edited by NathanKell
missed this one.

would be cool if you could add something to disable the boring/silly stock contracts ;>

Why would he do that? New stock survey contracts are actually very similar to DMagic's survey contracts, he just need to add a config for his parts. Anomaly surveys, orbital surveys and magnetic field surveys should stay, though, as Fine Print doesn't have an alternative to them.

Fred4106, while you doubtless have noble intent, *all* dlls must be accompanied by their license in the zip, and either the source in the zip or a link to the source.

If you want to link to that, please post the source, include the source, or note the source is unchanged, and please include a license that does not violate the terms of DMagic's license. :)