[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

...Which boom were you using, US or non-US?

I use the non-US boom. I, too, use several other mods, but Universal Storage is actually not among them. Unfortunately, I can't offer more information about whether it was a DMagic update that triggered this, since I can't remember if/when this mod was updated in relation to the problem starting. I can say it did not have to do with updating KSP to 0.25. One thing I just thought of, though, that I didn't try: this problem kept happening in career mode, but I never checked to see if it would happen in a sandbox game.

And of course, now we have another update, so the problem may have become entirely moot as soon as I discovered it. Rest assured, I will keep my eyes open for any occurrences in 0.90.

Why would he do that? New stock survey contracts are actually very similar to DMagic's survey contracts, he just need to add a config for his parts. Anomaly surveys, orbital surveys and magnetic field surveys should stay, though, as Fine Print doesn't have an alternative to them.

I mean optional, not by default

For everybody waiting on this mod for the .9 install, I have edited the source and recomplied for the latest version.

The plugin cannot be found here.

This is an UNOFFICIAL update. It worked for me, but your mileage my vary. I hope this can help tide people over until the op has a chance to work on the plugin.

Have a nice day.

Fred4106, while you doubtless have noble intent, *all* dlls must be accompanied by their license in the zip, and either the source in the zip or a link to the source.

If you want to link to that, please post the source, include the source, or note the source is unchanged, and please include a license that does not violate the terms of DMagic's license. :)

In addition to including the license it would also be nice to ask first.

would be cool if you could add something to disable the boring/silly stock contracts ;>

This won't be added here, but I'm working on just such a thing for Contracts Window +. It will allow for these types of adjustments to any contract, not just stock.

Fred4106, while you doubtless have noble intent, *all* dlls must be accompanied by their license in the zip, and either the source in the zip or a link to the source.

If you want to link to that, please post the source, include the source, or note the source is unchanged, and please include a license that does not violate the terms of DMagic's license. :)

Sorry about that. Im new to compiling/releasing mods, but I was trying to get it to work and figured other could benefit. Ill make sure to post src and license in the future.

In addition to including the license it would also be nice to ask first.

Sorry about that. Ive seen people do it for other mods and it did still require your download first. I only distributed the dll. They still needed your download for the parts. Thought it would help a few people while you got around to updating it.

Edited by Fred4106

Updated for KSP 0.90.

This should fix the science collection problem and a few other issues.

Dmagic, first of all; thank you for the absolutely awesome mod :)

I think I've found the source of problems reported by a few people about the mag-boom experiment.

Since I was having the exact same problem, I started fiddling around inside the cfg-files to see if I could get it working.

After changing the "experimentWaitForAnimation" to false, the experiment actually started working again.

My best guess is that there is a problem with the end of the extend-animation of the mag-boom.

Could you look into this? Cheers!

I've got the same problem with data collection.
Same here. :/
Dmagic, first of all; thank you for the absolutely awesome mod :)

I think I've found the source of problems reported by a few people about the mag-boom experiment.

Since I was having the exact same problem, I started fiddling around inside the cfg-files to see if I could get it working.

After changing the "experimentWaitForAnimation" to false, the experiment actually started working again.

My best guess is that there is a problem with the end of the extend-animation of the mag-boom.

Could you look into this? Cheers!

Works fine for me.

If you want to report bugs you need to submit more information. Version number, KSP version, log files, etc...

Works fine for me.

If you want to report bugs you need to submit more information. Version number, KSP version, log files, etc...

I know.

I've done some testing myself, with the little knowledge I do have about these things. :P

I tried Krebs solution on the Goo experiment, but still not working.

Fiddled around with some of the config settings, compared it with old files and Squad files (old aswell as new), but to no avail.

Animation is working fine, the bay doors open and closes, and the button to log experiments are available. However, pushing it does nothing except open the bay doors.

This is the same for all experiments in the DMagic pack, or atleast all that can be done from the launchpad. I have not tried cheating my way into orbit to test in another envirment or the experiments that can only be preformed in space. Will do that next.

Also, will try and install only your mod on a fresh install of 0.90 and then see. If it works I will continue to add mods and see when it breaks.

Or ... atleast, that was my plan. :)

I was going to provide you with the info you requested, when I found the solution.

It would appear that I have downloaded the previous version, probably just before the time you updated it.

Installed the newest version, tested it, and all experiments are now working propperly. :)

So all that remains is one of two things:

1. I can go hide in a corner, banging my head against the wall in shame for not realizing this sooner.

or

2. Go back to playing the game where I left off, and see if 0.90 is good enough to leave 0.24.2. ;)

Obviously, by reporting back my findings, I went with the second option. :P

Edited by Jan Gaarni

Blame Curse.

Their stupid update process sometimes rejects files for whatever reason. And since I wasn't paying attention the latest version wasn't available there for a day or so. It has been updated now though, so any of the three links should lead you to the most recent version.

Blame Curse.

Their stupid update process sometimes rejects files for whatever reason. And since I wasn't paying attention the latest version wasn't available there for a day or so. It has been updated now though, so any of the three links should lead you to the most recent version.

Yes, I think I did download it from Curse too. :)

I checked Curse and KerbalStuff when I posted my previous comment. I can confirm that both have the most recent version now. So do MediaFire, I just checked, hadn't notice the link until you said "three" just now. :P

Love your mod by the way. Saves alot of space. :)

Just a note on some of the contracts - I have one where it asks me to perform a number of experiments on an asteroid, all of which worked fine except for the gravity scan one. After digging around in the persistent save and finding the contract I found the cause - It needs to be the universal storage version of the gravity scan, not the stock one. If it is difficult to add a clause allowing any gravity scan part to be used, perhaps changing the descriptions to make it more clear?

Anyways, otherwise all is working fine. Great mod!

1. I can go hide in a corner, banging my head against the wall in shame for not realizing this sooner.

Don't: I ran into the same problem and didn't realise I was using the wrong version, cause well, I downloaded after DMagic posted here. I curse Curse ;)