[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

Version 1.0.2 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

Everything seems to be working on KSP 1.0.

Everything has been converted to DDS texture format.

My parts now mostly follow stock conventions for starting experiments on EVA (requires a scientist) and for resetting experiments on EVA (these have an additional level requirement). Both options can be changed in the config files.

Tech tree position for the parts has been updated. Community Tech Tree support and resource scanning support has been removed; they'll be added back in when those get sorted out.

Numerous new science blurbs have been added for Urlum's moons in the Outer Planets Mod, biome support is included whenever that is updated.

A few other bugs were fixed; see the first post for the full change log.

Edit: Also, no promises about things not breaking in unexpected ways. I didn't have much time to test this, but I'll release another update in a few weeks or so once the other related addons get sorted out. I'll do more testing for that update.

Edited by DMagic

My parts now mostly follow stock conventions for starting experiments on EVA (requires a scientist) and for resetting experiments on EVA (these have an additional level requirement). Both options can be changed in the config files.

Tech tree position for the parts has been updated. Community Tech Tree support and resource scanning support has been removed; they'll be added back in when those get sorted out.

Numerous new science blurbs have been added for Urlum's moons in the Outer Planets Mod, biome support is included whenever that is updated.

SO EXCITED! Thank you so much for all the work! Gotta' go play with it all RIGHT NOW!

Awesomeness. :D

How's SCANsat going?

Thanks! I have been missing this mod a great deal in my 1st 1.0 career. 1.0 is much more of a grind than anything before---more nodes to buy, almost no science rewards in contracts. I've been cursing my inability to do all your cool experiments to get more science per mission as I really hate grinding.

Only thing i noticed: seems your atmospheric pressure experiment on the US wedge stayed with the same parameters as pre-1.0. Stock one can now be used in orbit even if it obviously says zero.

I'm having trouble with contracts. Examples: I have contracts to complete orbital survey's of Mun and Minmus right now. I'm playing right now so let me give you what I think might be part of the issue??

I'm in orbit around minmus, the contract parameter is to take a "magnetometer scan data from High Orbit" (also one for low orbit). When I log the data the report says "Magnetometer scan while in space high over minmus". I took a quick save and tried xmitting (contract parameter did NOT complete) then I reloaded and returned the probe to kerbin's surface and recovred it and still the contract did not complete.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the "high above" vs "high orbit" and if something has changed in 1.0 contract parameters?

I'm having trouble with contracts. Examples: I have contracts to complete orbital survey's of Mun and Minmus right now. I'm playing right now so let me give you what I think might be part of the issue??

I'm in orbit around minmus, the contract parameter is to take a "magnetometer scan data from High Orbit" (also one for low orbit). When I log the data the report says "Magnetometer scan while in space high over minmus". I took a quick save and tried xmitting (contract parameter did NOT complete) then I reloaded and returned the probe to kerbin's surface and recovred it and still the contract did not complete.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the "high above" vs "high orbit" and if something has changed in 1.0 contract parameters?

I'll look into it.

Also, contracts are broken in 1.0.1, so another update will be needed.

Thank you! I've been doing a few here and there, the "test parts on the launch pad" style contracts for stock parts seem to work, but that's about it... My Career save is broke from doing a big ole minmus mun science extravaganza mission, only to return and find out I get a thousand science points I can't spend cause I don't have the money to update the R&D center :) Guess I'll just have to cheat a little money in and call it bug's fault

DMagic: I would like to add your parts do not like to shed heat. With changes your sci wedges and other parts get hot and stay hot. I have manually edited mine to fit inline with this information and Universal Stroages new configs.

Basically most of my parts now look like this in the cfg:

mass = 0.08

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.2

minimum_drag = 0.2

angularDrag = 1

crashTolerance = 15

maxTemp = 1200

emissiveConstant = 0.95

thermalMassModifier = 4.0

Having raised or lowered max temp, added emissiveConstant (sheds heat) and thermalMassModifier (alters how fast it gets hot) and reduced the angular drag of the wedges. I will see if the parts that will not cool down now will actually cool. I have warnings in a ring around my ship...so it is a little panicky.

First off: I love this mod! Other than that:

I'm having trouble accepting the Moon Orbital Survey mission, I can click on the green "Accept" button and it shows up under the "Active Missions" tab, but as soon as I leave the Contract Building it disappears from the active contracts and I can accept it again (and then loose it again on exit..).

I'm also using both Contracts Window + and Contract Configurator, no idea if they don't play well together with Orbital Science missions?

First off: I love this mod! Other than that:

I'm having trouble accepting the Moon Orbital Survey mission, I can click on the green "Accept" button and it shows up under the "Active Missions" tab, but as soon as I leave the Contract Building it disappears from the active contracts and I can accept it again (and then loose it again on exit..).

I'm also using both Contracts Window + and Contract Configurator, no idea if they don't play well together with Orbital Science missions?

This mod + 1.0.2 broke the contracts system. If you want contracts...this mod needs to be uninstalled till fixed.

This mod + 1.0.2 broke the contracts system. If you want contracts...this mod needs to be uninstalled till fixed.

First post on the forum :)

That's not entirely correct. You can still do other contracts just fine. Yesterday I ran into this problem - had a contract to do orbital surveys of Minmus, and it glitched out midway through all the experiments, and suddenly all contracts stopped working. Then what I did was remove the DMagic contract from my save file, and voila, contracts were working again. No need to uninstall the mod, the experiments still work perfectly fine.

I still have to test if some simpler DMagic contracts still work... I have one that's asking me only to return scientific data from the Mun, so it doesn't involve any experiment from the mod itself. I'll see if it works and update this post.

First post on the forum :)

That's not entirely correct. You can still do other contracts just fine. Yesterday I ran into this problem - had a contract to do orbital surveys of Minmus, and it glitched out midway through all the experiments, and suddenly all contracts stopped working. Then what I did was remove the DMagic contract from my save file, and voila, contracts were working again. No need to uninstall the mod, the experiments still work perfectly fine.

I still have to test if some simpler DMagic contracts still work... I have one that's asking me only to return scientific data from the Mun, so it doesn't involve any experiment from the mod itself. I'll see if it works and update this post.

I am completely bugged. I can not get, refresh, or complete missions at all. So mileage may vary.

vdfjaDjl.jpg

This is the issue I had as well. (contracts orbits spamming each time going in/out sattelite view)

As a workaround I did some file editing and some persistence file surgery to disabled/remove DMcontracts while waiting for the fix.

If you don't have DMcontract active or primordial vessel out in space with DM Orbital science parts on it, you can remove the mod for now and continue your career.

Yep, still broken...

LOL nice, quoting yourself Dmagic lol keep up the good work man, we know you'll get it fixed, hel 1.0.2 has only been out for a day or two at most besides 1.0.3 will be out in a few days lol i kid

I am completely bugged. I can not get, refresh, or complete missions at all. So mileage may vary.

Have you tried deleting the DMagic contracts straight from your save file? If not, give it a go. If you have editted the file... then I hope the mod update comes soon for you, haha.