[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

k soo what i understand from what you say:

You build a car what by default it have 10 horse power & can be drive on normal road. BUT if it add a injector it will get 5 other horse power & if wheal it will be change it will be possible to drive on off road to!!!

soo now my simple question: "how default car, with out other change can be say it work on 100% ?!?!?!" to continue joke it not mater if adding injector (50% chanse) it will blow up engine :)

anyway i give up, like a joke need word it get to a new level!!! special in code line ;)

thx for make mod & cya around

you make my head hurt...

I'm getting this exception when I toggle the magnetometer in the editor. Not sure if it has something to do with tweakscale, but I didn't actually tweakscale the part. I'll check in a moment if it happens with just DMagic orbital science.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ModuleResourceScanner.IsSituationValid () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DMagic.Part_Modules.DMModuleScienceAnimate.enableIAnimators () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DMagic.Part_Modules.DMModuleScienceAnimate.deployEvent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DMagic.Part_Modules.DMModuleScienceAnimate.editorDeployEvent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: Yep it happens with just Dmagic orbital science. The multispectral imaging platform is also affected by this bug.

Edited by smjjames
actually post the exception

I'm getting this exception when I toggle the magnetometer in the editor. Not sure if it has something to do with tweakscale, but I didn't actually tweakscale the part. I'll check in a moment if it happens with just DMagic orbital science.

It might screw up the toggle buttons while you're in the editor, but it shouldn't have any affect other than that. It's just tripping up when it tries to activate the resource scanners attached to those parts.

It's an easy fix, too, I'll get to it whenever I update again.

Dmagic, any idea what could possibly be causing this error?

InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[unityEngine.Collider].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[unityEngine.Collider].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm getting it when I do science stuff, EVA, collect science, and get back into the cockpit.

Output log: http://sta.sh/0107unuao76w

Craft used: http://sta.sh/023s3nindtnf

I keep getting that exception like, all the time.

Edit: I'm going to see if I can reproduce on a fresh, clean install, I already backed up the folder beforehand.

Edit2: Yeah still does generate. I tried to track it down once before and ended up at module manager, but that ended up being a dead end.

Edited by smjjames

Dmagic, any idea what could possibly be causing this error?

I've always figured that was a stock bug. I see it all the time too. I figure it must have something to do with the Science Data not destroyed in the right order when you board a vessel.

I've always figured that was a stock bug. I see it all the time too. I figure it must have something to do with the Science Data not destroyed in the right order when you board a vessel.

Sometimes though it results in the game bugging out when you EVA the next time or just generally breaking your craft.

I've also posted this in modded support, but I'm seeing some sort of link to DMagic orbital science, plus the glitchout only seems to happen with this mod, plus I'm seeing messages in the output log about not able to find various science stuff.

I keep running into this strange bug where after I get back into the ship after I do and collect science, the game glitches out. Maybe this imgur album will explain better than I could in frustrated words because this is frustrating me to no end.

I've also had instances where I simply can't right click on anything when it bugs out, while everything else works.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Modlist:

Before anybody says narrow it down, I've TRIED, MULTIPLE TIMES. While the error does appear in stock, attempts to narrow it down have led to maybe module manager, DMagic Orbital Science (I suspect that this is actually a major culprit), several dead ends when I attempt to binary search since the error seems to reproduce sometimes and then suddenly not reproduce, even when I try to replicate conditions in a branchoff with few mods. In short, I have tried to narrow it down, but it goes in a different direction every time I try.

Sometimes it reproduces and sometimes it doesn't, I've even tried near-stock craft, but the only times it seems to 100% reproduce is in the exact game environment that I'm experiencing it in.

6tKMm2i.png

Output log: http://sta.sh/01ycb80ehvdn

Edit: Sometimes it triggers on EVA where I can't right click things and often it seems to happen after I toggle back from map view. To fix it, I have to go back to KSC and then return to the craft.

Edited by smjjames

Hey I'm trying to incorporate some Dmagic science parts into my mod (I have made a science package with rwps and magetometer modules that should work through a module manager config)

the problem is they don't seem to work when used in part that has a stock ModuleAnimateGeneric, I was wondering if this was a known thing and definitely the reason why they aren't animating or if there was some other reason, just trying to hunt down the cause of it, and praying this isn't it or I've wasted a lot of time making this part without having the sense to check whether it would actually work first.

thanks!

Hey I'm trying to incorporate some Dmagic science parts into my mod (I have made a science package with rwps and magetometer modules that should work through a module manager config)

the problem is they don't seem to work when used in part that has a stock ModuleAnimateGeneric, I was wondering if this was a known thing and definitely the reason why they aren't animating or if there was some other reason, just trying to hunt down the cause of it, and praying this isn't it or I've wasted a lot of time making this part without having the sense to check whether it would actually work first.

thanks!

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do, but these parts should work with ModuleAnimateGeneric, that is, you should be able to play the animations, at least for some of them. Several parts have animations that are only meant to be played forward, there is no reverse animation, which ModuleAnimateGeneric doesn't understand. But the magnetometer and RPWS should work fine.

If you are trying to use parts that have both DMModuleScienceAnimate and ModuleAnimateGeneric, then you will probably have trouble.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do, but these parts should work with ModuleAnimateGeneric, that is, you should be able to play the animations, at least for some of them. Several parts have animations that are only meant to be played forward, there is no reverse animation, which ModuleAnimateGeneric doesn't understand. But the magnetometer and RPWS should work fine.

If you are trying to use parts that have both DMModuleScienceAnimate and ModuleAnimateGeneric, then you will probably have trouble.

yes I am trying to make a part that has both, it's a science package that has a thermometer that extends out on one animation and then a RWPS and Magnetometer that extend out on two other separate animations, I was hoping the animations modules wouldn't conflict with each other and they would just work, it seems I'll have to put all the animated bits into one animation and have that run whenever any of the experiments are called. Only problem is that would mean putting the dmagic experiments on just a standard modulescienceexperiment which kinda gets rid of a lot of the cool things about your experiments like the custom messages and such, and I feel bad about doing that...

this is a lesson in why I should always make a 5 minute test part and try it out before spending hours working on some complex part!

Edit: ahah! It turns out that if it's just one dmagic science module and an animategeneric it works fine, it's just putting two dmagic modules on one part that is causing the conflict!

Edited by Squiggsy

Dmagic, most of the parts say what type of science they are used for, but could you pretty please make sure they all have info in the description text to describe what type of science a given part is capable of: e.g., Surface, Atmospheric flight, Orbit etc.

Edited by Smurfalot

Found a bug on an asteroid survey mission. Mission parameters were for a class B asteroid. Decided to use an asteroid I had pulled into a mun orbit. Game says it's a "type e"?

http://i57.tinypic.com/nwn13p.jpg

Asteroid weighs 33 tons, not exactly a goliath. =P

Asteroid size class is not the same as asteroid spectral type; the first post has more info on asteroid science.

Is there a new horizons config for this mod?

No.

Dmagic, most of the parts say what type of science they are used for, but could you pretty please make sure they all have info in the description text to describe what type of science a given part is capable of: e.g., Surface, Atmospheric flight, Orbit etc.

I think they pretty much all do that already. I don't think the rover parts say surface-only, but that's sort of implied.

Anyone else having issues getting the soil moisture sensor to retract?

Need more info.

I have a craft with an SMS in one of the universal storage wedges that after deploying for use would not retract when I used the interface window from clicking on it. This occurred once before with another craft but the problem eventually went away. I don't know what the common factors between the two events were.

I have a craft with an SMS in one of the universal storage wedges that after deploying for use would not retract when I used the interface window from clicking on it. This occurred once before with another craft but the problem eventually went away. I don't know what the common factors between the two events were.

Haven't had a chance to run a SMS in flight yet, but I had noticed this in the VAB. Similar issues were encountered with the Magnetometer boom, btw. Both, though, were Universal Storage units.

Haven't had a chance to run a SMS in flight yet, but I had noticed this in the VAB. Similar issues were encountered with the Magnetometer boom, btw. Both, though, were Universal Storage units.

That's an issue with SCANsat. It should only happen in the editor and won't be a problem during flight. The parts will probably be loaded deployed if you don't replace them in the editor though.

Quick question, is there an alternate config where all the parts are sort of grouped along the bottom in the science nodes? It's a minor irritation but it bothers me that Science parts are listed in Engineering nodes and if I don't have to go in and manually move them all the better.

Thank you.

Anyone else having issues getting the soil moisture sensor to retract?

I had issues with getting the Magnetometer to retract, it would extend once, then when I toggled it to retract it, it would just play the opening animation again. Something in the craft save file got borked, had to delete it, and rebuild from scratch to get it working, may have had something to do with Kerbal Construction Times recover active vessel function, as I noticed it right after I recovered and relaunched it. If you're seeing this without KCT, it might not be related. Try rebuilding your craft, or a whole new craft, and see if you still have the issue.

In KSP 1.0.4, I'm unable to select some of the sensors for the purpose of assigning action groups. So far, I noticed this on the magnetometer boom and the soil moisture sensor, but could be others.

Edited by Ser Brynden

In KSP 1.0.4, I'm unable to select some of the sensors for the purpose of assigning action groups. So far, I noticed this on the magnetometer boom and the soil moisture sensor, but could be others.

I believe that is related to the same problem causing parts not to retract.

It's something that should only happen when SCANsat is also installed. I'll release an update soon to fix that and address some balancing issues. Otherwise I think this is fine on 1.0.4.

I'm noticing that the science wedges for Universial Storage (the mystery goo and the material science ones anyway) are having problems with overheating during reentry. They also seem unable to cool off very well while in atmosphere.