[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

On 6/5/2019 at 10:07 AM, protonv said:

I'm sorry :((

I got my own problems that are related to that, so I'm sorry too! I downloaded the mod and extracted it and am presented with both a GameData folder as well as a source folder. I understand I can merge my GameData folder but where should I put my source folder? 

EDIT: A google search seems to suggest that I don't need the source folder. My even deeper apologies in that case! The mods that are not working must be due to something else. I'll keep researching. 

Edited by Alexology

33 minutes ago, Alexology said:

I got my own problems that are related to that, so I'm sorry too! I downloaded the mod and extracted it and am presented with both a GameData folder as well as a source folder. I understand I can merge my GameData folder but where should I put my source folder? 

EDIT: A google search seems to suggest that I don't need the source folder. My even deeper apologies in that case! The mods that are not working must be due to something else. I'll keep researching. 

While it's awesome that you're not wanting to bother peeps with local problems (since the mod works), it sounds like you've already done a fair share of "trying stuff" to get it to work. What's the problem if I may ask?

Just now, Jognt said:

While it's awesome that you're not wanting to bother peeps with local problems (since the mod works), it sounds like you've already done a fair share of "trying stuff" to get it to work. What's the problem if I may ask?

Well I have the following mods installed in the game data folder but I am fairly sure some of them are not working (marked as not working):

X Science

Achievements

CapCom-Master (not working)

Chatterer

Community Tech Tree

ContractConfigurator (not working)

Contract Packs

DistantObject

DMagicOrbitalScience

EasyVesselSwitch

FlagPack

KIS

KSP Contract Window Master

Scansat release

UniversalStorage II

Kerbnet Master

I also need to add hide empty tech tree nodes. Just haven't done that one yet. 

10 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Ah, I thought you had Orbital Science issues. What makes you think those mods are not working though?

In the case of those 2 mods I don't have access to them at the space center. There is no button to access their functionality. So hunting for contracts I have to pop in and out of the space center every 2 days rather than using the mod window. 

I’d check in with the capcom thread then if I were you. Before that it can’t hurt to download it again to make sure you’ve got the dependencies (CKAN will take care of that if you use it). 

Contract configurator I can usually tell if it’s working by looking at the missions in mission control. With CC the ‘All’ tab categorizes the missions. And you should have an entry for CC in your game difficulty menu. (ESC, Settings, Difficulty)

@Alexology Any time there is a source folder you can probably safely leave it out, though, in some cases it might be an indication that you downloaded the wrong thing. 

The CapCom-Master that you have listed above is likely such a case. That sounds like the GitHub repo, not the GitHub download package. CapCom in particular has several dependencies (ContractParser and ProgressParser, which are included in all of the regular download packages, but probably not the GitHub repo) and requires being installed in a specific location (GameData/DMagicUtilities/CapCom), any deviation from that would cause it not to work right.

Edited by DMagic

12 hours ago, DMagic said:

@Alexology Any time there is a source folder you can probably safely leave it out, though, in some cases it might be an indication that you downloaded the wrong thing. 

The CapCom-Master that you have listed above is likely such a case. That sounds like the GitHub repo, not the GitHub download package. CapCom in particular has several dependencies (ContractParser and ProgressParser, which are included in all of the regular download packages, but probably not the GitHub repo) and requires being installed in a specific location (GameData/DMagicUtilities/CapCom), any deviation from that would cause it not to work right.

From the Maestro itself! Wonderful, they did install in the sub folder you mentioned in one of my attempts and I wondered why that was. I'll tinker away again and I'm confident I can get it working now. I am simply blown away by your mods so thank you from the bottom of my heart and I greatly appreciate your taking the time to reply to me directly. Bravo to you and thank you for all your hard work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Uhm... The science(y) part of each experiments is gone in the description part of the VAB..... Currently running 1.7.1 with the new DLC... Is this normal? Switched back to my Vanilla Install.... Will post details as I get back home from work...

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 7:18 PM, Tweak[Box] said:

Uhm... The science(y) part of each experiments is gone in the description part of the VAB..... Currently running 1.7.1 with the new DLC... Is this normal? Switched back to my Vanilla Install.... Will post details as I get back home from work...

Kinda upset that you didn't get an answer. I have 1.7.3 and I will let you know what happens. 

On 6/20/2019 at 11:47 PM, jpinard said:

Are all the "suggested addons" from the original post still suggested as of the latest DLC/patch?

The only one I’d not recommend is Universal Storage. And that is because there is a Universal Storage II that is simply amazing. 

So yeah, that list still looks good to go :)

On 7/31/2019 at 10:25 PM, Vadym said:

Who created these stupid contracts? Flew to the moon. Scanned the anomaly and the result was not credited !!!!   https://imgur.com/bIXnwUH    https://imgur.com/DYo8omd    

And laser scanning of the surface near the anomaly is also not counted.

Feel free to contribute your own 100% working, bug free contacts.

On 7/31/2019 at 12:55 PM, Vadym said:

Who created these stupid contracts? Flew to the moon. Scanned the anomaly and the result was not credited !!!!   https://imgur.com/bIXnwUH    https://imgur.com/DYo8omd    

And laser scanning of the surface near the anomaly is also not counted.

The contract states that you must complete the scan whilst flying above the anomaly.  You screenshot indicates you are landed next to it.

I'm on the ocean floor cruising with a rover below 50 meter

8yKlaLf.png

I want to perform a experiment on the Submergable Oceanograph Bathymetry, but it sais Invalid situation. Why might it be a Invalid Situation?

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

I'm on the ocean floor cruising with a rover below 50 meter

8yKlaLf.png

I want to perform a experiment on the Sybmergable Oceanograph Bathymetry, but it sais Invalid situation. Why might it be a Invalid Situation?

Maybe it’s getting confused about being ‘landed’ on the sea floor vs ‘splashed down’?

What if you try floating? :P

Edit: either that, or you need to go further. Your location and situation there is landed on the shores. So it’s either the situation, or the location. 

Edited by Jognt

I'm trying to make an unmanned rover but I'm having issues with the Rovemate body (what a shocker). It's has odd behaviour with the core drill, where the drill doesn't decide if it needs to be angled or not correctly. Is there any way to toggle this manually.

Alternatively, what better alternatives are there for probe bodies? Seeing as the Rovemate is fairly small to begin with, are there any better options that could be better scaled up?

Also what is the probe body used in the image on the OP in two of the images, the one in the top centre?

Edited by Spagoose

Hi.

I noticed that solar particle collector can gather 5 science readings until it becomes full. And magnetometer or telescope can only gather one sample. And telescope becomes inoperable after transmitting. Is it normal?

Maybe some mods are screwing with dmagic parts.

2 hours ago, pirx8 said:

Hi.

I noticed that solar particle collector can gather 5 science readings until it becomes full. And magnetometer or telescope can only gather one sample. And telescope becomes inoperable after transmitting. Is it normal?

Maybe some mods are screwing with dmagic parts.

If you're talking about the Orbital Telescope, no; it and the magnetometer should be good for another collection after you transmit.

See the link in my sig block for guidance on how to report problems.  Info such as KSP and DMOS mod versions, and a list of your installed mods would be very useful for those who try to help.

Edited by Brigadier

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd post this, You've forgotten to add the 2 at the end of UniversalStorage for the CTT patch for the US2 parts.

Here is what it should look like:

Spoiler

@PART[dmUS2GoreSat]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UniversalStorage2,!RP-0,!SETI]:AFTER[DMagic]
{
    @TechRequired = advElectrics
    @entryCost = 16000
    @cost = 6500
}

@PART[dmUS2Asert]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UniversalStorage2,!RP-0,!SETI]:AFTER[DMagic]
{
    @TechRequired = specializedElectrics
    @entryCost = 28000
    @cost = 8500
}

@PART[dmUS2MagBoom]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UniversalStorage2,!RP-0,!SETI]:AFTER[DMagic]
{
    @TechRequired = basicScience
    @entryCost = 9000
    @cost = 4500
}

@PART[DMUS2RPWS]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UniversalStorage2,!RP-0,!SETI]:AFTER[DMagic]
{
    @TechRequired = spaceExploration
    @entryCost = 25000
    @cost = 5500
}

@PART[dmUS2Scope]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UniversalStorage2,!RP-0,!SETI]:AFTER[DMagic]
{
    @TechRequired = advExploration
    @entryCost = 15000
    @cost = 9500
}

@PART[dmUS2SolarParticles]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UniversalStorage2,!RP-0,!SETI]:AFTER[DMagic]
{
    @TechRequired = longTermScienceTech
    @entryCost = 38000
    @cost = 18000
}

@PART[dmUS2ImagingPlatform]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UniversalStorage2,!RP-0,!SETI]:AFTER[DMagic]
{
    @TechRequired = scienceTech
    @entryCost = 18000
    @cost = 8000
}

@PART[dmUS2SoilMoisture]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UniversalStorage2,!RP-0,!SETI]:AFTER[DMagic]
{
    @TechRequired = electronics
    @entryCost = 18000
    @cost = 9500
}

Edited by Railgunner2160

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 3:49 PM, Railgunner2160 said:

Just thought I'd post this, You've forgotten to add the 2 at the end of UniversalStorage for the CTT patch for the US2 parts.

Hello,

Maybe I found some other errors with this great mod and "UniversalStorage 2":

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/177385-universal-storage-ii-131-and-145-170/&do=findComment&comment=3664833

Afaik those parts missing the “2” is not a typo. US2 has its own parts for Orbital Science. The ones that come with this mod also have their category set to none because of this. 

Edited by Jognt
Huh.. guess I misremembered.

1 hour ago, Jognt said:

Afaik those parts missing the “2” is not a typo. US2 has its own parts for Orbital Science. The ones that come with this mod also have their category set to none because of this. 

Hello,

So it's better not to change (add "2") the config?