[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

4 minutes ago, Kevin Kyle said:

Well....... I guess I have 2 choices. start over, or take a big hit on contracts and ships. Maybe start a new build ....again....lol and then a new career. Dont know what to do.

You can edit the save file, just back it up.

Search for the lines DMPartRequestParameter, and look under the DMMagneticSurveyContract nodes.

PARAM
					{
						name = DMPartRequestParameter
						state = Complete
						disableOnStateChange = False
						values = 0,0,0,0,0
						Body = 1
						Requested_Parts = dmmagBoom,dmUSMagBoom,dmUS2MagBoom|rpwsAnt,USRPWS,dmUS2RPWS
						Vessels = ea1fb61c-e37d-403b-b9f5-73d0feff21da
					}

Add the US2 parts so that the Requested_Parts line looks like the above. Then reload the save and it should work fine. Just don't change anything else about the contract, and some of the other lines for that node will probably be different for you, so only change the Requested_Parts line.

I'll see about updating soon with all of the configs setup right. There are also configs for KIS, SCANsat, CTT and probably some others that need to be set for the US2 parts.

Edited by DMagic

Sure, Im brave....I can edit that file....what could possibly go wrong.......:) I dont guess I have much to lose. I bet I have more issues than just that but I dont know. Anyway, thanks for the info. I will try and edit it here a bit later and report back what I find. Thanks :)

Maybe but I wouldnt think so but Im going to try that. Problem is now, all my ships that have a connection to the DSN are wanting to spin on their axis and if I let them, they would spin to destruction. Only thing stopping that at this moment is mechjeb. My normal SAS doesnt seem to be able to stop the spin and why would they spin at all? Something is suddenly badly wrong. I cant imagine what I have done. Going to go think this over and see if I can come up with an answer to this.

Wait....I know why they are spinning............DOH! I shnould go get a hammer and smash a finger or 2. :) Stupid XBox controller. lol

OOOOOK ! I think we are all good here. Edits worked and now the contract is going to complete. I understand how I will do my orbits for these better now and the edit made the parts good to go. :) Only thing left is to wait out the time requirement to fully complete the contract. Thanks to everyone. I bet my other contracts are fine. I just havent reached orbit with them yet. All good I bet

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any reason that the magnetometer ore-scanner function no longer works? (as in I cannot select it to activate in an action menu regardless of what scanner I pair it with)

The function still appears in the action group menu as well, but it never activates when assigned to a key... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 11:46 AM, DMagic said:

The stock science parts for US2 are not included in this release, those will be released as a part of US2 at a later date.

@DMagic in US1 the Seismic Accelerometer and the Negative Gravioli Detector where put together, as the same part. This bothered me, because for orbital vessels the accelerometer have no use. Would be great if you consider that for US2. And also consider making ScanSat parts for US2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 1.4.2 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It fixes support for the Universal Storage 2 science parts for contracts, Community Tech Tree node positions, and SCANsat scanners. It also has an updated KSPedia entry to reflect the new US2 parts. It should work fine on any KSP 1.4.x - 1.6.x version.

@HeyThisIsntFallout Do you mean power draw while the SIGINT dish isn't doing anything? No, it doesn't draw power. Only when you are using it as an antenna and transmitting data should it draw power.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated to 1.4.2 today and I see some errors on startup.

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'DMagicOrbitalScience/UniversalStorage/USASERT/USASERT/dmUSAsert'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'UniversalStorage/Parts/US_1M110_Wedge_ScienceBay/model' as model does not exist

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'DMagicOrbitalScience/UniversalStorage/USGooMat/USGoo/dmUSGoo'

PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'UniversalStorage/Parts/US_1M110_Wedge_ScienceBay/model' as model does not exist

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'DMagicOrbitalScience/UniversalStorage/USGooMat/USMat/dmUSMat'

And it goes on like that about 10 more times. Not sure if I screwed up an install somehow?

• 2 weeks later...

I also ran into this script error, I'm not sure if its actually related to your mod but yours is the last one mentioned before this pops up.

[DMOS] DMagic Icon [dmVessel] Inserted Into FinePrint Database

[DMOS] DMagic Icon [dmXRayIcon] Inserted Into FinePrint Database

DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.

(Filename:  Line: 481)

Script error: OnPreCull
The message may not have any parameters.
The message will be ignored.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Mono/MonoScriptCache.cpp Line: 192)

output_log.txt

Hello people,

I'm having trouble finding 1 specific science part. The  US2 Science JR, I suppose the Kerbals lost it somewhere, but I did love the part and i'd like to find it. 

I have read the manual and it says it should be somewhere.

I'm running KSP 1.6.1.2401 and the latest version of US2 (US1 not installed) and DMOS.

If you need a log of some kind, I will add it. 

I hope someone here can help me find it. :D

I have not tried the Quick Search mod, but that also doesn't really help me find what is lost.

I just noticed in game (also stock game with only DMOS + US2) that all stock science parts for US2 are missing. 

Could this be because my KSP version is 1 update newer then what US2 is updated for?

24 minutes ago, Dountoun said:

I have not tried the Quick Search mod, but that also doesn't really help me find what is lost.

I just noticed in game (also stock game with only DMOS + US2) that all stock science parts for US2 are missing.

Ok, I didn't understand what you meant by 'lost' and 'find it'.  You're saying that it's not installed.  Are you thinking of the SC-901 Science Micro or are you referring to what was originally a wedge version of the Science Jr?  I can't recall if there was one.

I can confirm that there is no US2 Science Jr in my install either but there is a Science Micro (KSP 1.6.1, US 2 v 1.6.0.9, DMOS v1.4.2).

29 minutes ago, Dountoun said:

Could this be because my KSP version is 1 update newer then what US2 is updated for?

I don't think so.  The vast majority of mods built for 1.6.0 (and even 1.5.x) will work iin 1.6.1.

3 hours ago, Dountoun said:

Hello people,

I'm having trouble finding 1 specific science part. The  US2 Science JR, I suppose the Kerbals lost it somewhere, but I did love the part and i'd like to find it. 

I have read the manual and it says it should be somewhere.

I'm running KSP 1.6.1.2401 and the latest version of US2 (US1 not installed) and DMOS.

If you need a log of some kind, I will add it. 

I hope someone here can help me find it. :D

In USMat.cfg ,it is defined as TechRequired = Unresearcheable so it doesn't show up by default

The only references I can find to it being placed is DMagicCommunityTechTree.cfg

@PART[dmUSMat]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UniversalStorage,!RP-0,!SETI]:AFTER[DMagic]
{
    @TechRequired = miniaturization
    @entryCost = 15000
    @cost = 9000
}

That means it requires Community Tech Tree. Do you have that installed?

*Edit* It also requires Universal Storage - NOT Universal Storage 2.

Edited by SpinkAkron

The stock science parts for Universal Storage are no longer included in Orbital Science. The old parts are for Universal Storage 1, which is no longer supported. 

A future update to US2 will include new wedges for all of the stock science parts.

@_Zee That probably means that the Orbital Science code was the last thing written to the log file before the error. All that code is doing is changing the location metadata for some icons so that they work with contracts. The XRay icon is the last one modified. The log entries from your other post are related to the deprecated US1 science parts.

Edited by DMagic

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, DMagic said:

The stock science parts for Universal Storage are no longer included in Orbital Science. The old parts are for Universal Storage 1, which is no longer supported. 

A future update to US2 will include new wedges for all of the stock science parts.

@_Zee That probably means that the Orbital Science code was the last thing written to the log file before the error. All that code is doing is changing the location metadata for some icons so that they work with contracts. The XRay icon is the last one modified. The log entries from your other post are related to the deprecated US1 science parts.

I assume this applies the US2 combo wedges for 2hot/presmat and seismic/gravmax parts as well?  Can't find and US2 versions of those either.