[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

Eeloo's made of cocaine? Alright, F*** it. I'm out.

Does this mean someone finally looked up benzoylmethylecgonine? But really this was all confirmed by first-hand analysis a long time ago (scroll down to the gif near the end of the post).

Well to answer my own question. Preliminary testing indicates that yes it is possible. KAS seems to make the part a separate ship, so to speak, so when I reattach it it appears to be something like docking.

Kind of exciting option methinks.

Yeah, KAS should work fine for moving parts around without affecting any stored science data. There is a link in the first post that adds the KAS grabbable module to most of my parts, though I probably should just be adding this myself to everything.

None of the Science instruments are working for me. No idea what could be happening here. Any known mod conflicts at this time?

It's possible, sometimes the Crowd-Sourced science logs gets screwed up and causes conflicts that break science experiments. It's hard to say without knowing more.

Does this mean someone finally looked up benzoylmethylecgonine? But really this was all confirmed by first-hand analysis a long time ago (scroll down to the gif near the end of the post).

Yeah. I edited the thing so at the end it says that it's known by "druggies" and they call it Kokaine.

Hey DMagic, found a misprint with the new contracts. "Stupid Code is Stupid"?

Love your mod by the way!

There are all sorts of things going wrong here. It's giving an anomaly contract parameter in an asteroid contract, it's not returning the title correctly, and it should have failed if only two parameters were generated. Are any of the other contracts broken like this? Were you using v.0.8.4 before this?

I can only guess that the contracts didn't get reset like they were supposed to (there is a problem with the contract reset function, so this isn't unexpected) and it's confusing old contracts for new ones. You can regenerate the contracts in the Alt+F12 menu under the Contracts tab, but that will also reset all stock and mod contracts. You could also just decline all of the currently offered contracts from my mod and cancel any currently active ones (cancelling contracts will make you pay the failure cost, but declining them won't).

There are all sorts of things going wrong here. It's giving an anomaly contract parameter in an asteroid contract, it's not returning the title correctly, and it should have failed if only two parameters were generated. Are any of the other contracts broken like this? Were you using v.0.8.4 before this?

I can only guess that the contracts didn't get reset like they were supposed to (there is a problem with the contract reset function, so this isn't unexpected) and it's confusing old contracts for new ones. You can regenerate the contracts in the Alt+F12 menu under the Contracts tab, but that will also reset all stock and mod contracts. You could also just decline all of the currently offered contracts from my mod and cancel any currently active ones (cancelling contracts will make you pay the failure cost, but declining them won't).

Yep, I was using v.0.8.4. I just deleted the new v0.8.5 folder and reinstalled it. That seems to have fixed the problem, at least for now. The "Class C Asteroid" mission was still in the Available tab, but the parameters look like they fixed themselves. All of my DMagic contracts I had in the Active tab before reinstall are still there too, so no harm no foul! And all missions have four mission parameters.

If it happens again, I'll try your Alt+F12 suggestion.

QMRbxd6.png

I've also problems with a contract (study magnetosphere). To archive multiple contracts my vessel has a orbiter and a lander. After doin the science experiments in orbit I've seperated the lander and landed on the body. Then I switched to KSC and went back to the orbiter via the tracking station to perform maneuvers to put it into the required orbit. But inc. and exc. is not counting (no green check).

I'm using v0.8.4.1 (because I want to finish a long time contract first this time until I update. I've lost two of them by updating the last time)

Is there a way to fix this manually until I'm ready to update?

--

Edit: Nevermind, a bug erased all of my active contracts, so I can update now :D

Edited by acc

Hey DMagic!

I love the mod; extra science stuff is always really great! I'm having an issue with an Anomaly issue though. I'm supposed to be looking for an anomaly at "-20 degrees south, 10 degrees east" on minmus. I'm landed pretty darn close to 20 south 10 east (20'20" south, 10'45" east) and am having no luck. Have I crapped the bed and was I supposed to land at 20 degrees north? Otherwise I'm at a loss!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is a lovely mod. Very satisfying. However, I'm missing all the US Science parts, for some reason. Can see them in the mod folder, but they never showed up in the tech tree to be researched. Any ideas? Using latest version from Kerbal Stuff.

I think I'm having this problem too (I haven't researched the whole tree, but I've researched enough that I think I should see them). Also, in their part files they have tech required: unresearchable is that correct? After just testing it, I also don't see those US science parts in a sandbox game.

Edited by Minwaabi

Hey DMagic!

I love the mod; extra science stuff is always really great! I'm having an issue with an Anomaly issue though. I'm supposed to be looking for an anomaly at "-20 degrees south, 10 degrees east" on minmus. I'm landed pretty darn close to 20 south 10 east (20'20" south, 10'45" east) and am having no luck. Have I crapped the bed and was I supposed to land at 20 degrees north? Otherwise I'm at a loss!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

That's the wrong location for the Minmus anomaly (the stated values are intentionally off by as much as 5 or 6o, but that's very far off). Previous versions have had some problems with the anomaly locations, so this isn't entirely unexpected. If your quoted text really is a quote then you're using an older version. The latest version should be better for correctly assigning the location, so you'll probably have to update to get accurate anomaly contracts.

I'm missing all the US Science parts, for some reason.
I think I'm having this problem too
I've unlocked the whole tree, but not seeing those science parts.

[thread=75129]Universal Storage[/thread] is installed? The latest version does have some changes that could affect my parts, but as long as you have the US_Core.cfg located in the primary US_Core folder, and everything is installed in the correct location my parts should load. Otherwise those parts are intentionally disabled, they are not designed to work without US; they won't function correctly, they will probably give errors when using them, and they will look ridiculous, kind-of floating around not attached to anything.

Another possible issue with the Universal Storage parts: The parts appear to have "glitchy", flickering textures. Upon closer inspection, they have doubled doors, and the "inner" pair of doors cannot be opened in the VAB.

You sure? Sounds like you might have stacked two wedges on top of each other (it happens, the core nodes are twitchy because they're so small).

I'm sure I only placed a single wedge. Only the doors appear duplicated. The Magnetometer boom can be extended in the VAB, but clips through the second pair of inoperable doors.

Screenshot

Ah, something's up. Looks like our old bay is still being referenced in, i've revised the textures in our newest release. Have you updated on the Universal Storage side of things? :)

Edited by Daishi

Now that UniversalStorage has full KAS support for these "wedges" the Dmagic parts are missing the "beeing grab-able to attach them to the Hexa/Octo-Booms again"

Until its updated, add TABMM_DMagic-OS_Universal-Storage_KAS.cfg into your GameData to add this functionality.

(DMagic 0.8.5, UniversalStorage 0.8.2, KAS 0.4.8, ModuleManager)

@Dmagic feel free to include this file in your official package (as its copypasta of 3 lines :P)

Would there be any chance of a future release including some sort of check that forces completion of a science parameter that can no longer be completed due to zero remaining science? I picked up a survey contract that wanted three different experiments transmitted/recovered, but I already had collected 100% of the science for one of those experiments (low mun orbit temperature, if it matters). I'm guessing that what happened was the contract was generated and available before I completed the mission that collected the science, then after completing that mission I accepted the contract with the now-outdated parameter. When I collected the report again (despite its zero science value) upon recovering the vessel I was presented with the same message you see when you've transmitted as much data as possible and need to return the experiment to KSC.

That's the wrong location for the Minmus anomaly (the stated values are intentionally off by as much as 5 or 6o, but that's very far off). Previous versions have had some problems with the anomaly locations, so this isn't entirely unexpected. If your quoted text really is a quote then you're using an older version. The latest version should be better for correctly assigning the location, so you'll probably have to update to get accurate anomaly contracts.

I'm having a similar issue; after not being able to find the anomaly from orbit (using the orbital telescope; one of the requirements of the contract), I looked in the debug log.

"[Log]: [DM] Distance To Anomaly: 43599.5942033015 ; Altitude Above Anomaly: 69661.0663389041 ; Horizontal Distance To Anomaly: NaN"

I happened to be at an altitude of 9661 m when this log entry was created. Minmus' equatorial radius is 60km. I believe the anomaly is in the center of the moon. Any ideas? I am using the correct version.