[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

Yes.

I think this problem was ultimately caused by having the wrong MM version (CKAN was incorrectly reporting which version I had)... that I resolved while trying to fix some Near Future mod problems.

I still have the text edited out - and it seems to work just fine.

Thanks for the help!

Alas, @DMagic, I have been unable to do so, even with a 5-star scientist. It just tells me no more samples can be collected and has no right click menu. I fiddled with my save file a bit and it looks like setting...

cooldownToGo = 0

...triggered it to let me take more. Unless I did something else while I was at it, which is possible :)

On October 3, 2016 at 1:48 PM, DMagic said:

Thanks @mb03

@rambokai The US parts won't work without US installed, but as long as it's there it shouldn't be a problem to manually change the fields or leave the extra MM patches in place.

Dude no problem, if you have anything else like wanting me to edit the post then just ask me. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Olympic1 said:

Just chill guys on 1.2 compatibility, give DMagic (and other modders) some time to update.

This.

Also, did you fire it up before asking? I got no obvious errors, or errors with no workaround from this mod this morning.

15 hours ago, Boots said:

This.

Also, did you fire it up before asking? I got no obvious errors, or errors with no workaround from this mod this morning.

Well I tried it, the parts show up but :

1- the fairing on sigint had no staging and won't work

2- most of the parts has no right click and won't behave as they should

long story short, for anyone wanting to know, we should wait for developers to update this

19 hours ago, Boots said:

This.

after trying myself, it seems to work on the surface, but the experiments are broken.

i did a little hack job on the rover science goo and materials experiments modules just so i could make my micro lander work for my new playthrough.

cant wait for a real update for the rest to work though!

8 hours ago, akron said:

DMOS uses custom plugin/modules for the experiments. These will need to be re-compiled for KSP 1.2. DMagic recently update his other mod, so he is working on stuff. Just be patient

Trust me, we are, but still you can't get rid of itching to test these type of stuff :D:wink:

3 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

Trust me, we are, but still you can't get rid of itching to test these type of stuff :D:wink:

Oh, I know the feeling. My mod has DMOS as a dependency :D  I am happy to wait, specially so I can take my time with my own mod.

There is always this period of time between releases where mods are updating. It's unavoidable, but worth it for KSP to get better every time.

4 hours ago, akron said:

Oh, I know the feeling. My mod has DMOS as a dependency :D  I am happy to wait, specially so I can take my time with my own mod.

There is always this period of time between releases where mods are updating. It's unavoidable, but worth it for KSP to get better every time.

heh, i seem to always be in this bubble.  each time i get the itch to start something new in Kerbal, it turned out an update was juuuuust around the corner, which would of course break everything i wanted to do.  then comes the waiting period for mods, and it seems like just about the time the last one you're waiting on is finally updated and you have the motivation....    UPDATE INCOMING!!!!

hahahaha.  a vicious cycle.

on the flip side though, the pessimist in me thinks that 1.2 is the final update and modders can go nuts once and for all...

DMagic Orbital Science version 1.3.3 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It has been updated for KSP 1.2. It supports and works with the new CommNet system, the SIGINT dishes work as long range, direct transmission antennas. KerbNet modules have been added to several parts.

There are also a handful of bug fixes from old versions, the out-of-power data return to recon telescopes has been fixes, asteroid science values properly take the science multiplier into account, some error with initializing recon contract orbits have been fixed, the EC usage for the Universal Storage environmental scanners has been removed, and the SCANsat MM modules use the correct EC resource nodes. I also added a toggle to switch the Asteroid Scanner targeting line on or off. And this supports Science Relay.

3 hours ago, Torih said:

Thanks for the update. Slight issue that its not showing on ckan. Had a quick look at the metafiles and it looks like its not been updated for 1.3.3

Just pulled it off of CKAN.  It showed up in the last 20 minutes or so.

Finally i can science again (i love that parts) :D

While Universal Storage been updated recently i load up a new game for testing, i came across an oddity:

In the Stock Research Tree the US-"Science Jr." is found in the "Stability"-node (for 18 science), while the regular "Science Jr." is found in the "Basic Science"-node (45 Science) (along with the US-"Science Bay").

Might be intentional, but i'll guess there was a mix up between that two. 

In the Universal Storage post I have been told that this is a DMagic Orbital Science part.

Edited by Rantanplan1986