[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

15 hours ago, Alexology said:

I have just put a probe into orbit for a Mag and Plasma orbit mission. I have checked all of the boxes of the mission bar one: 

-Maintain proper orbit for 75 days. 

I am in the orbit required (0.20 + eccentricity & 18.0 + inclination) however there is no countdown on the time. Have I done something wrong or will it complete automatically after 75 days? Or have I just missed something entirely? 

From where are you observing the contract time?  I've found that the time does not count down in Mission Control and the VAB (because time is suspended when you're there) but does change when I'm in the Tracking Station and in-flight.

Hey Dmagic--is a general notice to mods that include agencies for contracts. Squad changed how agency titles are detected in contracts (it's a simple line, title = rather than name = ), and otherwise, any contracts your agency generates show up as a blank under the title. 

I found this out the hard way, or rather Bruno did, and I think your mod had this issue (meaning a blank line under titles in contracts). You may want to correct it in future releases (it's very easy, literally just one additional line of code in the agents.cfg).

• 4 weeks later...

In Module Manager 3.0.0 and above using @EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*] doesn't work anymore and I guess should never have worked to begin with.  Removing the [*] appears to make everything functional again though more thorough testing is probably needed.

\DMagicOrbitalScience\Resources\DMagicCommunityTechTree.cfg and \DMagicOrbitalScience\Resources\NewScienceDefs.cfg were the cfgs that I found that needed modification.

Is there a way to increase the number of available/active survey contracts? Or the DMagic contracts in general? I looked through the config files and it looks like the DMagic uses the stock contract system and not Contract Configurator, but I could be wrong. For other contract packs I have been able to successfully add

@CONTRACT_GROUP[xxxxxxxx]:AFTER[xxxxxx]
{
	maxSimultaneous = 3
}

But I haven't found a config file with CONTRACT_GROUP to edit. I just want to be able to have multiple RPWS/Magnetometer survey missions at Mun, Minums etc simultaneously.

Cheers,

Edited by Stratickus

@maja I'll update soon to fix the MM problems.

@Stratickus Orbital Science contracts predate Contract Configurator, so they don't use it in any way. In the Resources folder (GameData/DMagicOrbitalScience/Resources) there is a DMContracts.cfg file that allows for modifying several aspects of the contracts, either through MM patches or directly editing the file. It is setup in a similar manner to the stock contracts config file, and at the top of each contract section are values for the max number of contracts that can be offered or active at the same time.

Version 1.3.11 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It is updated to support the latest version of Module Manager when using Universal Storage and/or the Community Tech Tree.

It also fixes the agency title, updates the stock survey contract titles to match the actual experiment titles requested, and changes the method used to detect orbital parameters for the magnetic field and reconnaissance survey contracts.

@insert_name Sun survey contracts should only generate for 3-star contracts, which seems fair given the difficulty of reaching low orbit. It also serves as a nice reason to actually get to low solar orbit. But if you don't want to do those contracts, just make sure not to accept them. 

@linuxgurugamer There is an API for this purpose: https://github.com/DMagic1/Orbital-Science/blob/master/Source/DMAPI.cs

It takes IScienceDataContainer references and figures out which module it belongs to, as not all use the base DMModuleScienceAnimate (and some don't extend from ModuleScienceExperiment at all). It has methods for checking the biome, and situation for non-standard experiments, and a method for checking if the experiment can actually be run for experiments with extra limitations. The main method calls the internal deploy experiment method to make sure everything runs properly. And there are also several methods for things related to asteroid science.

I think a few of the other science helper mods (X Science, and one of those auto-collect mods) implement it if you want to see how it is used.

Edited by DMagic

@linuxgurugamer It looks like X Science (it also supports the generic DMScienceAnimateGeneric modules using a similar API) works through reflection: https://github.com/thewebbooth/KSP-X-Science/blob/master/X-Science/DMagic.cs

And Automated Science Sampler works through a hard dependency: https://github.com/KerboKatz/AutomatedScienceSampler/blob/master/source/Plugins/DMagic Orbital Science/Activator.cs

• 2 weeks later...

I download dmagic , I see it is loading during game loading but  in the game I don't  see any of the part it is adding or any change to my game . So I am asking you how can I use the mod. If it can help I have module manager 1.3.0, Dang it , FMRS,  MechJeb 2 ,Precise Node , ScanSat , Stage Recovery, Trajectories, Transfer Planner Window and Universal Storage which have the same problem than dmagic

4 hours ago, Titandesdieu said:

I download dmagic , I see it is loading during game loading but  in the game I don't  see any of the part it is adding or any change to my game . So I am asking you how can I use the mod. If it can help I have module manager 1.3.0, Dang it , FMRS,  MechJeb 2 ,Precise Node , ScanSat , Stage Recovery, Trajectories, Transfer Planner Window and Universal Storage which have the same problem than dmagic

sound like a probable install error

wer did you put the files?

10 hours ago, Titandesdieu said:

Did you manually install or did you use CKAN?

You can also help by following the info in this thread:

How To Get Support (READ FIRST) - Technical Support (PC, modded installs) - Kerbal Space Program Forums

Edited by Brigadier

On 10/01/2018 at 7:15 PM, danielboro said:

sound like a probable install error

wer did you put the files?

On 11/01/2018 at 12:57 AM, Brigadier said:

Did you manually install or did you use CKAN?

You can also help by following the info in this thread:

How To Get Support (READ FIRST) - Technical Support (PC, modded installs) - Kerbal Space Program Forums

Thank you , I do a install error , 

• 2 weeks later...

@shdwlrd Do you mean SCANsat maps? Those go into the GameData/SCANsat/PluginData folder. The exact location is printed on screen when you save a map (though the message can sometimes be hidden behind the SCANsat windows - see here to fix that :cool:) and printed in the log files.

Also, I just realized that this mod is 4 years old this month.

This is the first part released for 0.22 (which still functions in KSP 1.3) together with the RPWS and telescope. I think things have improved a little since then. :D All of the original parts have been through at least two redesigns, along with completely changing how they function.

HhEqPAV.png

Edited by DMagic