[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

I got a contract to launch a satellite with a "Triple-Z Telescope", by the DMagic agency. I can't find any part unlocked named this, though. I googled it and found another mod of the same name, but I don't have that installed. Is this an error? Is it named differently? Do I unlock it later? Am I an idiot?

1 hour ago, Abocreature said:

I got a contract to launch a satellite with a "Triple-Z Telescope", by the DMagic agency. I can't find any part unlocked named this, though. I googled it and found another mod of the same name, but I don't have that installed. Is this an error? Is it named differently? Do I unlock it later? Am I an idiot?

Double check if you have properly uninstalled that another mod. Especially if you use CKAN. If you don't delete whole folder of that mod, MM "think" it is still installed and apply patches for it on other parts, from other mod config files. Otherwise, it could be that contract configurator created that contract before you have uninstalled mod in question. And by uninstalling mod, you don't remove contracts tied to it.

Also, "DMagic agency" in contracts is randomly chosen from whatever is available in your moded game. May not have anything with this mod. More likely, your question would be better answered in Contract configurator thread.

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

Double check if you have properly uninstalled that another mod. Especially if you use CKAN. If you don't delete whole folder of that mod, MM "think" it is still installed and apply patches for it on other parts, from other mod config files. Otherwise, it could be that contract configurator created that contract before you have uninstalled mod in question. And by uninstalling mod, you don't remove contracts tied to it.

Also, "DMagic agency" in contracts is randomly chosen from whatever is available in your moded game. May not have anything with this mod. More likely, your question would be better answered in Contract configurator thread.

Ah, thank you, I appreciate the direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I just reinstalled KSP along with several mods so I'm not 100% sure if this issue is related to this mod, Kerbalism or maybe even another mod.

Sorry in advance if this would be the wrong thread to post it. (did not find any helpful search results)

When I try to use the magnetometer boom I get a message from Kerbalism that i have not enough hard drive space to store or transmit the experiments. Even if i have an experimental storage unit on board.

Anyone an idea what it could be?

Edited by Crio
spelling

@Crio Kerbalism changes a lot about science works, so any questions about that will have to be directed to the Kerbalism people.

@Tacombel There are a few experiments that won't be detected by any science monitoring mods, as they don't work in the standard way. You'll just have to handle them yourself.

I have the latest version of this and Universal Storage 2 installed but I can't see a Universal Storage wedge for the materials bay (science jr).  Is there no longer a wedge for it?

Ias

@DMagic Just as an FYI, I see in the changelog:

v1.4.2 - Update Community Tech Tree configs to place all US2 parts in the same category as their standard versions

It seems that this is not the case for all parts, unless I'm vastly mis-understanding something?

YNEYblP.jpg

iXs8PDT.jpg

And this is just what I can see so far, and I can see the US orbital telescope under basic science [sorry I forget the actual name of that part] but haven't found the base orbital science part yet.

@vardicd Well, they generally should wait until a few of the Universal Storage cores and shrouds are unlocked. The RPWS is probably just an oversight, but a few parts in different categories really doesn't matter all that much in the end.

8 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@vardicd Well, they generally should wait until a few of the Universal Storage cores and shrouds are unlocked. The RPWS is probably just an oversight, but a few parts in different categories really doesn't matter all that much in the end.

yeah it's not that big of a deal, I generally make edits to part placement for my own personal play through anyway, but I thought maybe you'd want to know.

So I've chased down the problem I'm having slightly - I have the latest version of DMagic and Universal Storage 2 installed, but some of the DMagic US2 wedges have a bug - they're in the tech tree, in nodes I already own, but they don't appear in the VAB so I can't build with them.  The parts affected are  DMagic US2 goo bay, DMagic US2 Science Jr, and DMagic US2 Presmat/2Hot.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Screenshots here:

https://imgur.com/a/jCmRclR

Edited by Iasus
To fix broken screenshot link

2 hours ago, Iasus said:

So I've chased down the problem I'm having slightly - I have the latest version of DMagic and Universal Storage 2 installed, but some of the DMagic US2 wedges have a bug - they're in the tech tree, in nodes I already own, but they don't appear in the VAB so I can't build with them.  The parts affected are  DMagic US2 goo bay, DMagic US2 Science Jr, and DMagic US2 Presmat/2Hot.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?

KSP 1.6.1, DMOS v1.4.2 (other mods in the spoiler, most maintained via CKAN)

Sort of.  I don't even see them in my tech tree :(.  They appear to be completely absent and since I never saw them, I never knew I was missing them.

Edit: That said, on further examination, I note that I do see the Advanced Goo Unit, Advance Material Bay and the Atmospheric Science Unit (which is the PressMat/2Hot combination).

Spoiler

AECS-Motion-Suppressor
AGExt
AT-Utils
AlmostFreeLaunchClamps
AlternateResourcePanel
AmpYearPowerManager
AtmosphereAutopilot
B9PartSwitch
BetterBurnTime
BetterCrewAssignment
BetterLookingOceans-HighRes
BetterTimeWarpCont
CapCom
Chatterer
ChattererExtended
ChopShop
ClickThroughBlocker
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
CommunityTraitIcons
ConfigurableContainers-Core
ContractConfigurator
ContractParser
ContractRewardModifier
Corvus125mTwoKerbalPod
CraftManager
CryoEngines
CryoTanks
CustomBarnKit
DMagicOrbitalScience
DeployableEngines
DistantObject
DistantObject-default
DraggableAltimeter
DraggableNavball
DynamicBatteryStorage
EasyVesselSwitch
EditorExtensionsRedux
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FASALaunchClampsContinued
FMRSContinued
FilterExtensions
FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig
FinalFrontier
Firespitter
FirespitterCore
FirespitterResourcesConfig
GroundConstruction-Core
HeatControl
HideEmptyTechNodes
Historian-expanded
IndicatorLights
InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core
JanitorsCloset
K2CommandPodCont
KAS
KIS
KSP-AVC
KSPRescuePodFix
KXAPI
Karbonite
KerbalAlarmClock
KerbalAtomics
KerbalEngineerRedux
KerbalKonstructs
Konstruction
Kopernicus
LoadingScreenManager
MalemuteRover
MechJeb2-dev
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager
NavHudRenewed
NavballDockAlignIndCE
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureElectrical-Core
NearFutureLaunchVehicles
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSolar-Core
NearFutureSpacecraft
NehemiahEngineeringOrbitalScience
OneWindow
PatchManager
PlanetShine
PlanetShine-Config-Default
PortraitStats
PreciseManeuver
ProgressParser
QuickSearch
RCSBuildAidCont
REPOSoftTech-Agencies
ReStock
ReStockPlus
RealChute
RecoveryController
ResearchBodies
ResonantOrbitCalculator
SAVE
SCANsat
Scatterer
Scatterer-config
Scatterer-sunflare
ScienceRelay
SmartParts
SmokeScreen
SoundingRockets
SpaceXLegs
StageRecovery
StationPartsExpansionRedux
StationScienceContinued
Strategia
SurfaceExperimentPack
TarsierSpaceTechnologyWithGalaxies
Toolbar
ToolbarController
TrackingStationEvolved
Trajectories
TransferWindowPlanner
TriggerAu-Flags
UKS
USI-ART
USI-Core
USI-EXP
USI-FTT
USI-LS
USITools
UniversalStorage2
WaypointManager
ZeroMiniAVC
surfacelights
xScienceContinued

Edited by Brigadier
More info

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, HGGundamReviews said:

This working in 1.7? 

Yes. As a general rule-of-thumb, unless a mod is version-locked (like Kopernicus), anything that will work in 1.4 or higher will work in 1.7, as there have been no Unity engine updates since 1.4.

How is it possible to do a recon scan over mountains?  The Little Brother instrument only does the 2 pseudo biomes of north and south hemispheres?

I grabbed the details from my save just to make sure it was using the right instrument and "dmReconScan" looks like a "X Brother" experiment to me.  I am running 1.6.1 with GPP/GEP.MKS/OKS.KSIe and other things like that.  Notably this looks like its generated from Field Science, but the forums there only talked a little about SIGINT experiments needing biomes.   So I am at a loss what to do aside from figuring out how to disable these recon experiments in Contract Configurator.

PARAM
				{
					name = CollectScienceCustom
					id = CollectScience
					state = Incomplete
					disableOnStateChange = False
					values = 0,0,0,0,0
					ContractIdentifier = KerbalAcademy.KerbalAcademyFieldScience
					title = 
					notes = 
					completedMessage = 
					allowStateReset = False
					targetBody = Kerbin
					biome = Mountains
					situation = InSpaceLow
					experiment = dmReconScan
					recoveryMethod = None
					PARAM
					{
						name = ParameterDelegate`1
						id = Biome: Gael's Mountains
						state = Incomplete
						values = 0,0,0,0,0
						title = Biome: Gael's Mountains
						notes = 
						completedMessage = 
					}
					PARAM
					{
						id = Situation: Low in space
						state = Complete
						values = 0,0,0,0,0
						title = Situation: Low in space
						notes = 
						completedMessage = 
					}
					PARAM
					{
						id = Experiment: Recon Scan
						state = Incomplete
						values = 0,0,0,0,0
						title = Experiment: Recon Scan
						notes = 
						completedMessage = 
						PARAM
						{
							id = dmReconScanSubject
							state = Incomplete
							values = 0,0,0,0,0
							title = 
							notes = 
							completedMessage = 
						}
					}
				}

On 4/25/2019 at 6:13 PM, Bombaatu said:

Yes. As a general rule-of-thumb, unless a mod is version-locked (like Kopernicus), anything that will work in 1.4 or higher will work in 1.7, as there have been no Unity engine updates since 1.4.

So why hasn't the thread topic or CKAN been updated with news about this working in 1.7.0?

Just asking to understand

@DMagic I did a little searching and didn't find any hits on this problem. I'm trying to add the functionality of @JPLRepo's Tarsier Space Telescopes into the dmscope telescope. TST included configs for the recon scopes, but I'm guessing this problem prevented adding this scope. I wanted a lightweight low zoom telescope suitable for mounting on small deep space probes.

I could get it to open the TST camera and use it for taking pictures, but I have the problem that the Camera transform (circled below) TST needs to define it's view point is defined at a weird angle in the modelScope.mu file. It makes aiming the telescope very, very difficult. Would it be possible to update the model such that the red axis is aligned with the tube of the scope. Do current orientations of the Lamp and Camera transforms have a special significance I'm not understanding?  The image below was generated using Sarbian's Debug Stuff

Gl7mTqo.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 7:09 PM, Iasus said:

Screenshots here:

I ain't got the science Jr. either. I have an older rocket with it installed, and the game refuses to let me launch it because of it.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:09 PM, Iasus said:

Screenshots here:

On 4/9/2019 at 10:13 PM, Brigadier said:

KSP 1.6.1, DMOS v1.4.2 (other mods in the spoiler, most maintained via CKAN)

Sort of.  I don't even see them in my tech tree :(.  They appear to be completely absent and since I never saw them, I never knew I was missing them.

Edit: That said, on further examination, I note that I do see the Advanced Goo Unit, Advance Material Bay and the Atmospheric Science Unit (which is the PressMat/2Hot combination).

Reveal hidden contents

AECS-Motion-Suppressor
AGExt
AT-Utils
AlmostFreeLaunchClamps
AlternateResourcePanel
AmpYearPowerManager
AtmosphereAutopilot
B9PartSwitch
BetterBurnTime
BetterCrewAssignment
BetterLookingOceans-HighRes
BetterTimeWarpCont
CapCom
Chatterer
ChattererExtended
ChopShop
ClickThroughBlocker
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
CommunityTraitIcons
ConfigurableContainers-Core
ContractConfigurator
ContractParser
ContractRewardModifier
Corvus125mTwoKerbalPod
CraftManager
CryoEngines
CryoTanks
CustomBarnKit
DMagicOrbitalScience
DeployableEngines
DistantObject
DistantObject-default
DraggableAltimeter
DraggableNavball
DynamicBatteryStorage
EasyVesselSwitch
EditorExtensionsRedux
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FASALaunchClampsContinued
FMRSContinued
FilterExtensions
FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig
FinalFrontier
Firespitter
FirespitterCore
FirespitterResourcesConfig
GroundConstruction-Core
HeatControl
HideEmptyTechNodes
Historian-expanded
IndicatorLights
InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core
JanitorsCloset
K2CommandPodCont
KAS
KIS
KSP-AVC
KSPRescuePodFix
KXAPI
Karbonite
KerbalAlarmClock
KerbalAtomics
KerbalEngineerRedux
KerbalKonstructs
Konstruction
Kopernicus
LoadingScreenManager
MalemuteRover
MechJeb2-dev
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager
NavHudRenewed
NavballDockAlignIndCE
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureElectrical-Core
NearFutureLaunchVehicles
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSolar-Core
NearFutureSpacecraft
NehemiahEngineeringOrbitalScience
OneWindow
PatchManager
PlanetShine
PlanetShine-Config-Default
PortraitStats
PreciseManeuver
ProgressParser
QuickSearch
RCSBuildAidCont
REPOSoftTech-Agencies
ReStock
ReStockPlus
RealChute
RecoveryController
ResearchBodies
ResonantOrbitCalculator
SAVE
SCANsat
Scatterer
Scatterer-config
Scatterer-sunflare
ScienceRelay
SmartParts
SmokeScreen
SoundingRockets
SpaceXLegs
StageRecovery
StationPartsExpansionRedux
StationScienceContinued
Strategia
SurfaceExperimentPack
TarsierSpaceTechnologyWithGalaxies
Toolbar
ToolbarController
TrackingStationEvolved
Trajectories
TransferWindowPlanner
TriggerAu-Flags
UKS
USI-ART
USI-Core
USI-EXP
USI-FTT
USI-LS
USITools
UniversalStorage2
WaypointManager
ZeroMiniAVC
surfacelights
xScienceContinued

1 hour ago, dockingtutorialimpossible said:

I ain't got the science Jr. either. I have an older rocket with it installed, and the game refuses to let me launch it because of it.

Universal Storage II has its own wedge science parts. The parts in Orbital Science are for Universal Storage (non 2, so the old one) and are set to be hidden and unresearchable.

In short: If there's a bug, it's that you can see some old parts that you shouldn't be able to see. If the actual US2 wedges aren't working, you should bring that up with them.

Regarding the stock Universal Storage science parts, refer to what @Jognt, those are not included for US2.

For problems with the US2 science parts (the ones distributed by US2), I have yet to see an problems that don't involve one or the other science helper mod, so you'll have to direct your problems to there.

21 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

Short answer: yes
Slightly longer answer: This question has already been answered on this very same page. You could have read the page and found the answer for yourself...

I'm sorry :((