[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

Great mod that I decided to never remove, but one question, my X-ray Diffraction Drill always says that unable to impact surface at this distance, how far should I put the drill to make it useful, and how does the X-ray diffraction equipment differ from other drill types?

can any anybody give me some advice on how to use both the seismic pod and hammer?? Does those interact in some sort of way with the sismograph included in Ground Science DLC??

Thanks in advance dudes!

PD: DMagic, thanks for this marvelous mod... astonishing!! 

Edited by amarillo114

• 4 weeks later...

@amarillo114 There are a few KSPedia entries on those parts, if the KSPedia isn't broken...

5pMCUdb.png

hO1DrXk.png

Basically, just deploy the pods somewhere in the same area as the hammer to get the max science. You can jettison the pods in most cases and they won't explode, but play around with the jettison force when going to low gravity places.

There is no interaction with any of the stock science parts.

@Sirius K I'll have to check the part to make sure it's working right.

It should be able to work from at least a few meters away, provided that it's pointed at the ground, there are big red arrows on the side that point where the ground should be.

Hello and thanks for developing this mod. I installed this last night among some other mods and noticed that the gas chromatograph mass spectrometer, liquid chromatograph mass spectrometer, and the DT magnetometer from KSP interstellar extended mod have gone missing. Is there a known conflict? I narrowed it down to this mod by removing all and reinstalling one by one. I've looked in the parts config file for ksp interstellar and the items are there and the file is not changed in any way. Thanks for your time.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, EasyAce said:

With a 1.9.0 fresh install and with some mods added, this seems to be working properly. No crash on load - but I haven't tested the items ingame yet. They did show up in the tech tree.

Thanks for testing that out! :D

• 1 month later...

hvYQnzh.png

I'm having problems collecting magnometer data and multispectral analysis from "above near" the anomaly.

Magnometer data can't be collected in atmospheric flight and when landed it does say "anomalous data collected", but doesn't fulfill the contract.

Multispectral analysis doesn't show the "anomalous data collected" message either, regardless of near/above/on.

And trying to collect them from space didn't work either.

Is there any way to save this contract?

Update: It did work from space, but I didn't get the "anomalous data collected" message.

Edited by Omeran
fix layout

There's a bug in 1.4.3. with both the Undersize and Oversize SIGINT satellites.

Deploying either of them works fine, but when I try to take them back in, the animation resets as if they are in and deploys them again.

In other words, once the dish is out, you cannot get it back in.

Nvm found out in the notes its intentional. Shame cause it works in the VAB, but not outside

Edited by DaniWesNL
see post

2 hours ago, DaniWesNL said:

Shame cause it works in the VAB, but not outside

This is simply by necessity. You want to make sure when the dish deploys it doesn't wack anything on the spacecraft and then you need to repack it for launch

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else having an issue in 1.9.1 where the micro goo pod and the science micro will not allow reset even with a level 5 scientist on EVA? I'm currently unable to get them to clean up from a Science Lab, and sending a scientist on EVA is also not working. I can endlessly run the stock Squad parts using a scientist to reset them, but once I've taken two samples with either of these they are nothing but dead weight on my craft (pretty dead weight, but useless all the same).

2 hours ago, schlosrat said:

Is anyone else having an issue in 1.9.1 where the micro goo pod and the science micro will not allow reset even with a level 5 scientist on EVA? I'm currently unable to get them to clean up from a Science Lab, and sending a scientist on EVA is also not working. I can endlessly run the stock Squad parts using a scientist to reset them, but once I've taken two samples with either of these they are nothing but dead weight on my craft (pretty dead weight, but useless all the same).

Are you using a mod to run those science parts? If so, it's expected behavior. Try manually running and resetting them.

55 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Are you using a mod to run those science parts? If so, it's expected behavior. Try manually running and resetting them.

I've tried both ways. I normally use Kerbo Katz science automator to drop me out of warp and run things. It can be configured to either run or not run single run experiments, collect or not collect the sciance , and reset or not reset the experiments. I've tried having a kerbal on EVA run the experiments with that mod set to not collect or reset and I'm unable to get the parts to reset using a lvl 5 scientist close enough to get the PAW and operate the part

So far the only fix I've found a to gut the module code that does the animation etc and drop in the module code from the stock parts. This gives me parts that are single run, not dual run, but they look good, weight the same, and will at least reset properly. 

Edited by schlosrat

• 1 month later...

I noticed that with Kerbalism, the RPWS antenna and magnetometer boom can only do science around bodies with magnetospheres, but magnetic survey contracts still generate around these bodies, as well as orbital survey contracts requesting that science. Is there a way around this, or should I just accept that I just won't have as many possible contracts available to pick from?

With the upcoming 1.10 release having a magnetometer boom, with the DMagic one be modified to use that part's science experiment config? Otherwise it seems cheesy to be able to send up a stock magnetometer with a DMagic one and get two science reports for (supposedly) the same thing.

3 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Otherwise it seems cheesy to be able to send up a stock magnetometer with a DMagic one and get two science reports for (supposedly) the same thing.

head canon it with one being early exploration and the other being late exploration. Same purpose but better measurements the second time

Good stuff.

I like the sciencey bits, but always felt like the stock parts petered out way too quick (though the tech tree was so easy to clear that it didn't matter gameplay wise). This dovetails wonderfully with the CTT

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2020 at 2:46 PM, Bombaatu said:

With the upcoming 1.10 release having a magnetometer boom, with the DMagic one be modified to use that part's science experiment config? Otherwise it seems cheesy to be able to send up a stock magnetometer with a DMagic one and get two science reports for (supposedly) the same thing.

If I was going to do it, I'd probably use module manager to strip out the stock magnetometer experiment entirely from the stock magnetometer boom, and in its place put the DMagic magnetometer boom experiment code. The only problem I can see with this is that it would probably mess with the new moho probe mission (if you have the DLC for missions).

EDIT: Thinking about it some more, maybe you could keep both experiments but DMagic would nerf stock science experiment science collection to account for the fact that there are more experiments to do now.

Edited by SciMan
Thought of additional stuff

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 1:46 PM, Bombaatu said:

Make a MM patch to rename everything(part and science definitions)  and turn the DM Mag Sensor into another type of science collector.  Dark Matter Wave Detector?  Kraken Spoor sensor? Infinity Stone counter?

Hello players,

Recently I got contract to scan anomaly at the Mun. Unfortunatelly, that one anomally was discovered and scanned with some previous contract. I can perform tasks like orbital survey with telescope, but unable to scan anomaly with Anomalous Signal Scanner - the contract is stucked.

Any suggestions?

KSP v.1.10.1, DM Orbital Science 1.4.3

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I haven't been playing for half a year and in the past I had few incompatible mods so I looked for mod updates and updated all mods now. But what happened is that somehow Magnetometer Boom is not able to measure magnetometer data, only SCANsat data. Whole magnetometer experiment has disappeared, even from contrats to conduct magnetic field research. Anyone knows what could possibly cause this? Thanks

My game version is 1.8.1 and the modlist is here:

Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS) Continued (FMRSContinued 1.2.9.1)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.14.0)
Bluedog Design Bureau (BluedogDB v1.6.3)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.11)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 5.1.0.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.3.0.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.2)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.30.4)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.2.2)
Contract Pack: Clever Sats (ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.1)
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy (ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.10)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 9.0)
Contracts Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 9.4)
Cryo Tanks (CryoTanks 1.5.2)
Cryo Tanks Core (CryoTanks-Core 1.5.2)
Cryogenic Engines (CryoEngines 1:1.1.3)
Decoupler Shroud (DecouplerShroud 0.7.2)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.2.2)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.4.3)
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric (DMagicScienceAnimate v0.23)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.1.9.0)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 2:EVE-1.8.0-2)
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Stock Planet Config files (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR 2:EVE-1.2.2-1)
Fill It Up (FillitUp 0.2.0.1)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.6)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.5.2)
Infernal Robotics - Next (InfernalRoboticsNext v3.0.0)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.12.0.0)
Kerbal Atomics (KerbalAtomics 1:1.1.4)
Kerbal Atomics - Other Mod Support (KerbalAtomics-NTRModSupport 1.1.4)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.7)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.7.2)
Kerbal Changelog (KerbalChangelog v1.3.0)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.26)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Next (KerbalJointReinforcementNext v4.1.15)
Kerbalism (Kerbalism 3.11)
Kerbalism - Default Config (Kerbalism-Config-Default 3.11)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.4.1.5)
Mark IV Spaceplane System (MarkIVSpaceplaneSystem 3.1.2)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.1.3)
Near Future Electrical - Decaying RTGs (NearFutureElectrical-DecayingRTGs 1.1.3)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.1.3)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.6.3)
Near Future Launch Vehicles (NearFutureLaunchVehicles 2.0.2)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.2.2)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.2.3)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.2.3)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.3.3)
Near Future Spacecraft - LFO Engines (NearFutureSpacecraft-OrbitalLFOEngines 1.3.3)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings 1:v1.8.3)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 11.0)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8)
RecoveryController (RecoveryController 0.0.4)
ReStock (ReStock 1.1.2)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.1.2)
SCANsat (SCANsat v20.4)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.3.9)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 1.3.6)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.7)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.3.4)
Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.7.2.0)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.10.0.0)
Universal Storage II (UniversalStorage2 1.9.1.2)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.2.6)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)