Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

YANFRET, I've been doing some texturing work on the heat shields, and if you're interested I can try and give them a more detailed pattern if it hasn't been done yet. I already have some WIPs, but if you would like I can refine them further to make them match the asthetic of your pack.

YANFRET, I've been doing some texturing work on the heat shields, and if you're interested I can try and give them a more detailed pattern if it hasn't been done yet. I already have some WIPs, but if you would like I can refine them further to make them match the asthetic of your pack.

Absolutely! A new inflatable heat shield is the next item on our to do list after Alpha 004 containing heavy lift and Munar capabilities.

On the Altair Descent Stage. The landing legs don't extend. Is they a fix for this?

SOS

Hey this issue is real and I think the animation doesn't work beyond version .21. Does anyone have an idea for a fix? I messed with it a bit however the animation is condition F

SOS

Hey this issue is real and I think the animation doesn't work beyond version .21. Does anyone have an idea for a fix? I messed with it a bit however the animation is condition F

Are you sure? With the base BobCat pack, the lander legs still worked in 0.22...

Looking great can't wait for the rover too and, I see your not using http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-0-23-5-7-1-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-NEW%21-VolumetricClouds%21 o you need to try mod really adds to the game.

Thanks!

The rovers would be in Alpha 005 which will also have a number of Duna specific products. There is a technical detail with the rover craft files that requires a lot of testing when I re make them for the production file structure.

I like those clouds but I have to test everything for you guys from a clean KSP install.

EDIT: I removed all the "coming soon" pics and posts above in favor of the download post below.

Edited by YANFRET

EDIT; THIS POST HAS BEEN UPDATED TO 004B.

Chaka Monkey Alpha 004B

- Monkey Launch System

- Munar 2x system and four rockets

- Fixed VAB exploding tank issue

- Fixed craft loading issue

- For KSP 23.5

Please test craft files and give feedback.

ycyk.jpg

â–º https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qcp9f5voklbl17/Chaka%20Monkey%20Alpha%20004B.zip â—„

The purpose of this download is to test the Monkey Launch System and Munar Exploration products. The craft file you will be looking for is called "Monkey Launch System - Munar 2x".

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is recommended for ALL Chaka Monkey operations http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kerbal-joint-reinforcement/

Crew Manifest is recommended for transfer of Kerbals or Monkeys from one pod to another http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/18-1-kerbal-crew-manifest/

Monkey Launch System notes: MLS is a refined launch vehicle with 180 ton capacity at 200km circular. No pad equipment required. Vehicle typically performs excellently without any drama. For Munar 2x operation, recommend moving Kerman to the Altair lander before leaving VAB, or remove him and select "control from here" on the Altair lander inside the fairing at the launch pad. Throttle to full, launch. Perform slight pitch kick when clear of the pad. Do not "over fly" the rocket. With minor adjustments it will fly a nice parabola. * IMPORTANT: zero throttle before upper stage ignition!! Allow 5-10 seconds to clear first stage fairing before ignition of second stage. Recommend stable vehicle config before stage separation. Use upper stage for orbital insertion and Munar transfer. Upper stage has surplus â–²V in this configuration.

How to use:

* DELETE PREVIOUS VERSION!!! Put "CMES" folder in your Game Data and put .craft files in your VAB. Craft files in this update require 23.5

* Warranty void if operation by non-monkey technician is attempted.

* Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, GmbH is licensed by the original authors noted below to distribute this content.

* These parts should not interfere with content you may already have from these authors with one exception; the procedural fairings DLL is included in this -- so you need to be extra aware if you have another copy of that around somewhere and deal with that. I expect you may use whichever version of the DLL you prefer or the one included here, however please do not use this download as a reference for the most current version of the procedural fairings DLL.

Downloadable items on this page contain modified content made available under the conditions of original license from:

Winston & Kickasskyle - KW Rocketry

Bobcat, Ind. American Pack

Tiberion - NovaPunch

Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

Lionhead Aerospace

Sumghai - SDHI Service Module System

Alexey Volynskov (Keramzit Procedural Fairings)

BahamutoD - Atlas V SRB

Sumghai / Fustek / Nothke - Habitats

Chaka the Monkey would like to extend a special thank you to these developers. They worked very hard to make these parts and we have organized them for Monkey Exploration because they are excellent.

o5m6.jpg

NOTICE: CRAFT FILE ISSUES LISTED BELOW HAVE BEEN FIXED WITH 004B

Edited by YANFRET

Are these parts in standard diameters IE 1.25m 2.5m 3.75m or are they their own sizes like bobcat's soviet pack

Own sizes.

KSP won't let me load the craft files saying they contain missing or invalid components. What do I need installed to use CMES?

Are you using 23.5?

Are you using 23.5?

Yes. I also tried it out on my 100% stock install of 0.23.5 and had the same problem. The individual parts show up beautifully though. Didn't KSP used to tell us what the missing parts/modules were?

Yes. I also tried it out on my 100% stock install of 0.23.5 and had the same problem. The individual parts show up beautifully though. Didn't KSP used to tell us what the missing parts/modules were?

I apologize if I neglected something...I did everything the same was as in .23 in which the craft files worked fine for you guys. This will get fixed tonight one way or another.

All four craft files are condition F?

Edited by YANFRET

I apologize if I neglected something...I did everything the same was as in .23 in which the craft files worked fine for you guys. I'll take a look at it tonight.

All four craft files are condition F?

Sad to say, yes.

I was just looking through the craft files... Are part names allowed to have spaces in them? This is from the Monkey Launch System/Munar 2X.

part = X KzProcFairingBaseRing8_4294646368

Sad to say, yes.

I was just looking through the craft files... Are part names allowed to have spaces in them? This is from the Monkey Launch System/Munar 2X.

Facepalm. Well that's worth checking into, but the thing is the other three craft do not have that part and they don't load either so... I just cant understand why they would load on my test install but not for you guys, it's like I messed up the zip file somehow.

I wonder what happens if you put the craft files in your save VAB vs the master VAB folder?

could it be aggressive texture managment mod that causes an issue ive started a new install only difference is im using basic this time and it all works fine though mechjeb cannot fly the munar x2 craft as though torque wheels arnt working

could it be aggressive texture managment mod that causes an issue ive started a new install only difference is im using basic this time and it all works fine though mechjeb cannot fly the munar x2 craft as though torque wheels arnt working

Hold on so the craft files work for you?

Are there any IVA for the Orion and the Altaïr lander ?

Did you remove the BMW logos ? :D

Great job by the way. :)

Sorry I have to say no to all three.

Aww I thought I would sneak the BMW logos past you guys this time! lol you got me

Hey can you let me know if you can load the craft files?

And thank you!

Edited by YANFRET

Hold on so the craft files work for you?

yes they did when i did fresh install redownloaded all the mods i use (used basic active texture managment instead of aggressive)they worked but mechjeb had an hard time flying them (like no control over torque wheels,throttle worked though)and as i rely on mechjeb heavely i uninstalled your mod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.