Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

yes they did when i did fresh install redownloaded all the mods i use (used basic active texture managment instead of aggressive)they worked but mechjeb had an hard time flying them (like no control over torque wheels,throttle worked though)and as i rely on mechjeb heavely i uninstalled your mod

It sounds like memory is an issue with your other mods, and the next release of this will be more compact so I encourage you to take another look at it then. As for MechJeb I haven't tested the new version with this but I will take a look at that tonight, the development build worked and I cant think of a reason you would have that problem so I think a solution is easy.

lincourtl I wonder why the craft files loaded fine for him?

Edited by YANFRET

It sounds like memory is an issue with your other mods, and the next release of this will be more compact so I encourage you to take another look at it then. As for MechJeb I haven't tested the new version with this but I will take a look at that tonight, the development build worked and I cant think of a reason you would have that problem so I think a solution is easy

yeah i always run close to the RAM limit and will be trying your mod again (dreams of 64xwindows client and pigs flying)

EDIT: I would have thought i could use this better with aggressive texture managment as this saves more RAM than basic??

Edited by BrutalRIP

It sounds like memory is an issue with your other mods, and the next release of this will be more compact so I encourage you to take another look at it then. As for MechJeb I haven't tested the new version with this but I will take a look at that tonight, the development build worked and I cant think of a reason you would have that problem so I think a solution is easy

yeah i always run close to the RAM limit and will be trying your mod again (dreams of 64xwindows client and pigs flying)

Thank you for helping with the testing as well.

For my info, what version of mechjeb did you use when it didn't work? Also did you try to load the Monkey Launch System / Munar 2x craft file in 23.5?

Thank you for helping with the testing as well.

For my info, what version of mechjeb did you use when it didn't work? Also did you try to load the Monkey Launch System / Munar 2x craft file in 23.5?

yep using 23.5 and mechjeb dev build 210 ...for my fresh install i downloaded arm patch instead of updating 23.0 dont know if its summat to do with that

yep using 23.5 and mechjeb dev build 210 ...for my fresh install i downloaded arm patch instead of updating 23.0 dont know if its summat to do with that

There is a new 23.5 compatible release of mechjeb today and I am certain it will fix the issue you described. I tested with dev 213 last night so I think you ran into some kind of bug that has probably been squashed.

It's interesting you mentioned the update rather than fresh download of 23.5, I wonder if that has something to do with the craft files working for you. Would you mind if I asked you to try the full download, the new mechjeb, and CMES in test install and tell me if you are able to load the craft files?

Much appreciated!

UPDATE

Just wanted to let you guys know I tested the craft files from my own download link on a fresh install of 0.23.5 and everything works perfectly

lincourtl I was unable to duplicate the problem you experienced.

See first page for download link and instructions

Edited by YANFRET

UPDATE

Just wanted to let you guys know I tested the craft files from my own download link on a fresh install of 0.23.5 and everything works perfectly

lincourtl I was unable to duplicate the problem you experienced.

See first page for download link and instructions

Thanks for checking. I'll try it on a fresh save file too.

Just FYI, here's what the ksp.log is showing:

[ERR 12:22:14.905] [shipConstruct]: Trying to load Monkey Cargo System Type II - No AvailablePart found for X KzProcFairingBaseRing3.75

[ERR 12:22:14.995] [shipConstruct]: Trying to load Monkey Launch System / Munar 2x - No AvailablePart found for X KzProcFairingBaseRing8

Thanks for checking. I'll try it on a fresh save file too.

Just FYI, here's what the ksp.log is showing:

Ok looks like you were right about that part having a space. I'm glad this happened actually I'l go ahead and make the change now even if it works for you, better safe than sorry!

Hey mister YANFRET. Your mailbox is full so i cant respond to your message. Regarding the orion pod iva.: When i get some free time ill try to produce a plain mockup model for the orion pod iva(without transforms for props etc.)

Hey mister YANFRET. Your mailbox is full so i cant respond to your message. Regarding the orion pod iva.: When i get some free time ill try to produce a plain mockup model for the orion pod iva(without transforms for props etc.)

Thank you!! Sorry :P

Coming Soon

j8ga.jpg

A.L.C.O.R Monkey Rover

Okay guys, let's try this again. Special thanks to lincourtl for pointing out a glitch with yesterday's download.

Chaka Monkey Alpha 004B

- Monkey Launch System

- Munar 2x system and four rockets

- Fixed VAB exploding tank issue

- Fixed craft loading issue

- For KSP 23.5

Please test craft files and give feedback.

ycyk.jpg

â–º https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qcp9f5voklbl17/Chaka%20Monkey%20Alpha%20004B.zip â—„

The purpose of this download is to test the Monkey Launch System and Munar Exploration products. The craft file you will be looking for is called "Monkey Launch System - Munar 2x".

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is REQUIRED for ALL Chaka Monkey operations http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kerbal-joint-reinforcement/

Crew Manifest is recommended for transfer of Kerbals or Monkeys from one pod to another http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/18-1-kerbal-crew-manifest/

Monkey Launch System notes: MLS is a refined launch vehicle with 180 ton capacity at 200km circular. No pad equipment required. Vehicle typically performs excellently without any drama. For Munar 2x operation, recommend moving Kerman to the Altair lander before leaving VAB, or remove him and select "control from here" on the Altair lander inside the fairing at the launch pad. Throttle to full, launch. Perform slight pitch kick when clear of the pad. Do not "over fly" the rocket. With minor adjustments it will fly a nice parabola. * IMPORTANT: zero throttle before upper stage ignition!! Allow 5-10 seconds to clear first stage fairing before ignition of second stage. Recommend stable vehicle config before stage separation. Use upper stage for orbital insertion and Munar transfer. Upper stage has surplus â–²V in this configuration.

How to use:

* DELETE PREVIOUS VERSION!!! Put "CMES" folder in your Game Data and put .craft files in your VAB. Craft files in this update require 23.5

* Warranty void if operation by non-monkey technician is attempted.

* Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, GmbH is licensed by the original authors noted below to distribute this content.

* These parts should not interfere with content you may already have from these authors with one exception; the procedural fairings DLL is included in this -- so you need to be extra aware if you have another copy of that around somewhere and deal with that. I expect you may use whichever version of the DLL you prefer or the one included here, however please do not use this download as a reference for the most current version of the procedural fairings DLL.

Downloadable items on this page contain modified content made available under the conditions of original license from:

Winston & Kickasskyle - KW Rocketry

Bobcat, Ind. American Pack

Tiberion - NovaPunch

Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

Lionhead Aerospace

Sumghai - SDHI Service Module System

Alexey Volynskov (Keramzit Procedural Fairings)

BahamutoD - Atlas V SRB

Sumghai / Fustek / Nothke - Habitats

Chaka the Monkey would like to extend a special thank you to these developers. They worked very hard to make these parts and we have organized them for Monkey Exploration because they are excellent.

o5m6.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

YANFRET you us hotrockets or smokescreen ?

DAM too many good mods 16 KSP installs and now fixing to be 17 need 1 just for Monkey mod and what plugins, I use hehe :D

Edit try'ed renaming some and must have done something wrong now have no FX with the 1's , I renamed ;.;

Edit found smokescreen post to http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71630-0-23-SmokeScreen-Extended-FX-plugin

Edited by Mecripp2

YANFRET you us hotrockets or smokescreen ?

DAM too many good mods 16 KSP installs and now fixing to be 17 need 1 just for Monkey mod and what plugins, I use hehe :D

Yeah I'm sold on the hotrockets let's do that in the next version as well.

Coming Soon:

mhyr.jpg

EDIT: One difficult part of this system is alignment of the dockports on the Rover vs the Rover Support Habitat below it. Since the landing ring on the habitat and the wheels behave differently on the Mun or Duna than they do at KSC, I generally fly the whole system to the intended destination and then test fit the docking in situ. But when it works it's great! :P

Edited by YANFRET

Having a bit of a problem with the Orion pod, its texture is messed up. I think its a problem with its normal map and the Active Texture Management mod. It looks fine up close but go's all squirrely when you zoom out. All the other parts look normal as far as I can see. Sorry if this has bin asked before. I went back about 10 pages and didnt see any thing about it.

Having a bit of a problem with the Orion pod, its texture is messed up. I think its a problem with its normal map and the Active Texture Management mod. It looks fine up close but go's all squirrely when you zoom out. All the other parts look normal as far as I can see. Sorry if this has bin asked before. I went back about 10 pages and didnt see any thing about it.

Edit There was a glitch a while ago where the texture size was like 1026 instead of 1024 and it was causing issues on some systems, a simple fix I thought I had done already but it sounds like it slipped through quality control so I'll check on it tonight when I get home.

In the test environment it's difficult for me to use mods like that I appreciate you bringing it to my attention, could you poke around later and see if any other textures cause issues with active texture management? I understand the premium value of memory.

Edited by YANFRET

I tried loading a pre-made ship from the download and apparently there's something missing. Are there any parts in the ship files that aren't supplied?

EDIT: See update below. I have found more parts with spaces and did a complete overhaul of the pack to fix your issue.

Edited by YANFRET

YANFRET didn't you up it twice 2nd time have some fix in it looks like, I copy'ed over it because, I have some craft 2 time's and a couple just have a small name change, might be Motokid600 problem if he didn't copy the new craft file, half show locked thinking they where the first up.

Chaka Monkey Alpha 5

- Really fixed craft loading issue!

- Alcor Monkey Rover!

- Monkey Launch System

- Munar 2x system

- Balanced some parts

- Removed parts clutter

- Trimmed 30mb from pack size

- Fixed some Orion texture and parachute issues

- For KSP 23.5

Please test craft files and give feedback.

v81q.jpg

â–º https://www.dropbox.com/s/h79bwa6tpz5rogx/Chaka%20Monkey%20Alpha%205.zip â—„

The purpose of this download is to test the Alcor Monkey Rover. The craft file you will be looking for is called "Monkey Launch System - Rover".

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is REQUIRED for ALL Chaka Monkey operations http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kerbal-joint-reinforcement/

Crew Manifest is recommended for transfer of Kerbals or Monkeys from one pod to another http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/18-1-kerbal-crew-manifest/

ALCOR MONKEY ROVER notes: Disable torque on A.L.C.O.R. pod AND Rover Base before launch. Set "Control Here" on Remote Guidance Unit below rover. Before landing, enable torque for both and set "Control Here" on A.L.C.O.R. Pod. After landing DISABLE TORQUE again and avoid SAS. Lock Steering on center wheel set. Do not turn at high speed. Ability to slow down depends on terrain. For ALCOR IVA props function you must also install Raster Prop Monitor https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/releases/download/v0.14/RasterPropMonitor.0.14.zip as well as have the standard A.L.C.O.R. pod installed and you must read the A.L.C.O.R. instructions: forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54925-WIP-ALCOR-Advanced-Landing-Capsule-for-Orbital-Rendezvous-by-ASET-(UPD-11-02-2014)?highlight=alcor

Rover Support Habitat notes: Use MLS upper stage for de orbit burn of Rover Support Habitat. * * Rover docking port vertical alignment subject to change * *

Monkey Launch System notes: MLS is a refined launch vehicle with 180 ton capacity at 200km circular. No pad equipment required. Vehicle typically performs excellently without any drama. For Munar 2x operation, recommend moving Kerman to the Altair lander before leaving VAB, or remove him and select "control from here" on the Altair lander inside the fairing at the launch pad. Throttle to full, launch. Perform slight pitch kick when clear of the pad. Do not "over fly" the rocket. With minor adjustments it will fly a nice parabola. * IMPORTANT: zero throttle before upper stage ignition!! Allow 5-10 seconds to clear first stage fairing before ignition of second stage. Recommend stable vehicle config before stage separation. Use upper stage for orbital insertion and Munar transfer. Upper stage has surplus â–²V in this configuration.

How to use:

* DELETE PREVIOUS VERSION AND CRAFT FILES!!! Put "CMES" folder in your Game Data and put .craft files in your VAB. Craft files in this update require 23.5

* Warranty void if operation by non-monkey technician is attempted.

* Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, GmbH is licensed by the original authors noted below to distribute this content.

* These parts should not interfere with content you may already have from these authors with one exception; the procedural fairings DLL is included in this -- so you need to be extra aware if you have another copy of that around somewhere and deal with that. I expect you may use whichever version of the DLL you prefer or the one included here, however please do not use this download as a reference for the most current version of the procedural fairings DLL.

Downloadable items on this page contain modified content made available under the conditions of original license from:

Winston & Kickasskyle - KW Rocketry

Alexustas - A.L.C.O.R. Pod

Bobcat, Ind. American Pack

Tiberion - NovaPunch

Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

Lionhead Aerospace

Sumghai - SDHI Service Module System

Alexey Volynskov (Keramzit Procedural Fairings)

BahamutoD - Atlas V SRB

Sumghai / Fustek / Nothke - Habitats

Chaka the Monkey would like to extend a special thank you to these developers. They worked very hard to make these parts and we have organized them for Monkey Exploration because they are excellent.

Edited by YANFRET

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.