Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

Inflatable Texture Option B

-snip-

Hmmmm

Personally not a fan of the solar panel texture on the inflatable hab. Though if you're going to do it, might as well see if you could get Nova to actually add a solar panel setup on the hab...

Personally not a fan of the solar panel texture on the inflatable hab. Though if you're going to do it, might as well see if you could get Nova to actually add a solar panel setup on the hab...

Yeah maybe you're right. It is kinda tacky

Can you flip it so it's longways ?

Edit- And, I don't think Option B is that bad and you could add like

MODULE

{

name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

sunTracking = false

raycastTransformName = sunCatcher

pivotName = sunCatcher

isBreakable = false

resourceName = ElectricCharge

chargeRate = 5.5

powerCurve

{

key = 206000000000 0 0 0

key = 13599840256 1 0 0

key = 68773560320 0.5 0 0

key = 0 10 0 0

}

}

}

For alittle power. Edited by Mecripp2

Of those 3, C looks the best. Though, the texture does look a bit grainy rather than foamy/clothy, if that's a word. If you want, I can replicate those textures on top of my original BACE hab texture, which might look a bit better.

xkhNY7y.png

This texture (minus the letters and logo) would be what I'd be putting your black and white design on to. I've got some tweaks to make so that the endcaps match up with the central piece, but this actually looks quite good even without a normal map.

Of those 3, C looks the best. Though, the texture does look a bit grainy rather than foamy/clothy, if that's a word. If you want, I can replicate those textures on top of my original BACE hab texture, which might look a bit better.

http://i.imgur.com/xkhNY7y.png

This texture (minus the letters and logo) would be what I'd be putting your black and white design on to. I've got some tweaks to make so that the endcaps match up with the central piece, but this actually looks quite good even without a normal map.

Yeah i agree and i'm bored with the geometry already but this is the TGA https://www.dropbox.com/s/trr8uc52r0lq5f4/texture.tga

• 2 weeks later...
The Altair descent stage works you just have to use G to lower and raise the legs and hope this is still in the works ?

Hey that's sweet you know we never tried hitting the G key lol

Yeah this is still in the works, I've been playing gran turismo with the fiancé lately instead :P

• 2 weeks later...

Rigid habitat and 4x NTR concept:.

269vp.jpg

tmsz1.jpg

ay3iv.jpg

If you look at the most narrow pair of black rings between each orange tank and the habitat, those are the structural docking rings. So, it can be assembled in orbit by launching the three sections divided by those rings. The docking connections are 100% rigid even to the point of withstanding full thrust direction changes. With four engines the payload fairing will need to be quite large to launch that segment.

SPECIAL Thanks to Kommitz for producing our bespoke Monkey NTR engines. He is awesome and so are the engines.

Hidden between the two orange tanks are the upper stage engines for the return flight. This upper stage config is an opposing method to the drop tank concept.

Edited by YANFRET

The gigantic booster- are there any adapters for it? It's ~6 meters and I have nothing that can adapt it.

You're right, it's 6.3 Meters Kerbol, which is the diameter of the external tank and SLS system at .75 scale. Sorry, at this time there is no SLS Block I style adapter for use with it. Instead, we have a separate launch system for the Orion capsule. Our belief is that use of the SLS style booster to launch an Orion capsule is a political idea and not one based in practical engineering. Also, for smaller payload applications, you can remove the large upper stage and secure a circularization stage inside the fairing. In the future I will include a craft file with apparatus for this concept ready made. :)

MTV Structural Docking Rings:

mc0a.jpg

zuqme.jpg

u2kw.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.