Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

B... b... but... there's no boosters!

haha if there's one thing you don't have to worry about, it's me adding boosters (peeks inside box o boosters). The main achievements are the lower tank, and retexture of all the outer shell products above it. Maybe tonight we expand this into a full EFT-1 replica.

You are the biggest tease and I mean that in the best way possible.

Soon! I promise. It's just that development has been racing ahead so fast that I don't even have time to show you screenshots all the new products! (hint)

See how I even made that a tease? lol

EDIT: Does anyone want to make an RS-68?

Edited by YANFRET

Soon! I promise. It's just that development has been racing ahead so fast that I don't even have time to show you screenshots all the new products! (hint)

See how I even made that a tease? lol

EDIT: Does anyone want to make an RS-68?

This is what that comment makes me want to do

happy-2.gif

Ahhhh... much better :)

I feel like these textures are a good starting point, but a day later I think we can and should do much more. This weekend I am going to surround myself with Delta IV photos and make this CBC as photo real as possible. Or, I might scrap the white intertank Delta IV style entirely and go back to the original texture on the previous page.

EDIT What do you think?

Edited by YANFRET

I feel like these textures are a good starting point, but a day later I think we can and should do much more. This weekend I am going to surround myself with Delta IV photos and make this CBC as photo real as possible. Or, I might scrap the white intertank Delta IV style entirely and go back to the original texture on the previous page.

EDIT What do you think?

What about bobcats?

What about bobcats?

There are layers of Bobcat foam in all Chaka orange textures, but I add details and change the colours, using bits and pieces as we go. For example the orange covered structural ribbing on page 60 is Bobcat's Ares I upper stage texture blended in to a cut out from a real shuttle tank photo etc. I'm not looking to replicate the Delta CBC exactly, as always Chaka vehicles are a "Future Analogue" based on current NASA and Boeing engineering.

I guess my question is do you like the lower tank's overall appearance on page 60 or page 61 better, regardless of similarity to Delta CBC.

EDIT:

Option 1

dftw.jpg

or

Option 2

2x9g.jpg

The technical difference between the two is that the first picture depicts a tank style similar to the Ariane V EPC core stage which is not structural unless pressurized, and the lower picture depicts a Delta CBC style which is structural without pressure. Both designs have equal merits with regard to Kerbal rating, yet differ in terms of cost vs efficiency. The Ariane V EPC style tank is more efficient, however the Delta CBC has lower ground processing costs (although it's unit cost is higher).

In the Ariane EPC core stage, the oxidizer and propellant tanks share a common membrane between them:

150px-Cut_drawing_of_an_Ariane_5_ECA_EN.svg.png

And on the Delta CBC style the tanks have separate domes. Another great analogue of the first choice is the Centaur upper stage.

Edited by YANFRET

There are layers of Bobcat foam in all Chaka orange textures, but I add details and change the colours, using bits and pieces as we go. For example the orange covered structural ribbing on page 60 is Bobcat's Ares I upper stage texture blended in to a cut out from a real shuttle tank photo etc. I'm not looking to replicate the Delta CBC exactly, as always Chaka vehicles are a "Future Analogue" based on current NASA and Boeing engineering.

I guess my question is do you like the lower tank's overall appearance on page 60 or page 61 better, regardless of similarity to Delta CBC.

EDIT:

Option 1

http://imageshack.com/a/img856/3037/dftw.jpg

or

Option 2http://imageshack.com/a/img853/7036/2x9g.jpg

I like option 2. I thought you were asking if someone could make or knew of a good rs86. Idk how you feel about useing plugins but what about being to toggle different textures. I'm not sure what the plugin is called but blackheart uses a plugin that. In the VAB you can choose from multiple textures. He even did some textures so you could make the delta lookalike with his parts.

Good find! I didn't know he had made that. I'll check in with him and look at the part this weekend.

What about bobcats?

Do you mean on the Ares V core stage? Yeah they're not removable. I wish they were, I put a lot of time into texturing them for the MLS core stage.

"Dear Chaka,

All you have been doing lately is messing around with launchers and LEO products while only teasing us about the true purpose of Monkey Exploration, Duna.

Please climb down from your tree and get this show on the road."

Introducing:

Planeguy Aerospace Systems, GMBH

Model 001 "Bouncy Castle" Inflatable Heat Shield

-A development of the original Planetes Corp. Inflatable product.

Edit: New version below

Edited by YANFRET

Did you manage to actually get that inflatable heat shield to fly? I think nobody has been able to actually use it because it flips over the spacecraft on reentry and acts like a parachute.

Also, I really can't wait for the Beta 1 !

Did you manage to actually get that inflatable heat shield to fly? I think nobody has been able to actually use it because it flips over the spacecraft on reentry and acts like a parachute.

Also, I really can't wait for the Beta 1 !

Yes.

Monkey Duna Lander

Max Delta Kerbin entry flight test

Edit: New version below

Edited by YANFRET

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.