Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

Looking good, as always! What is the docking port opposite the Orion in the pictures meant for?

I have an odd fetish for adding variously coloured Orion dock ports to habitat modules. Although I think the one on the solar array end is a bit silly. I think it would be nicer to have some kind of truss there and attach the arrays to that.

SLS Block I

Flight test with various updates

L3Jj15.jpg

JwdnfK.jpg

Comparison with Monkey Launch System Block II (TALUS upper stage with Duna Monkey Rover payload)

2cjlt8.jpg

Okay! Congradulations, you got this far down the page, now what?

I think we're about ready to go beta. Last thing to do is finish texturing the DCSS / IUS upper stage which you see tucked away on the SLS block I. Also I want to update all the engine effects and sounds and remove some parts clutter but otherwise I think were in great shape.

Edited by YANFRET

I really like the look of the truss, Probably some of the nicest textures; Simple and gorgeous.

I think you've addressed this already, but do you plan on having integration with Career mode? If so, does your team plan on adding Chaka Contracts?

I have pledged career mode compatibility in the next version, however because I am very sandbox focused, I would like to assemble a team of volunteers to add more detail and make contracts. I think that would be fun.

Yanfret sorry have'nt played much kinda lost the kerbal feeling for .24 try'ed to play with Contracts but do to the over size of the Rocket parts makes them cost alot, And have'nt worked out the contract system yet but all in all just waitting to see all the parts that are going to be in the pack and what they will be or can be doing as for SCIENCE and CONTRACTS.

I have pledged career mode compatibility in the next version, however because I am very sandbox focused, I would like to assemble a team of volunteers to add more detail and make contracts. I think that would be fun.

That sounds exciting! Can't wait to see where this goes! P.S. I like writing. ;)

Thanks Chaka Monkey Explorations Systems! Enjoy some shots of my Duna exploration mission, conducted using three launches. Of course, Im not associated with CMES, just a happy enthusiast:

http://imgur.com/a/RaLru

Great job! You get a prize:

d7JjwP.jpg

- TALUS upper stage lifting habitat section of Monkey Transfer Vehicle to assembly orbit.

For the Altair lander stage if you still want to use it here are some new CleverBobCat.dll https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/CleverBobCat%20-%2064bit.zip and 32bit https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/CleverBobCat%20-%2032bit.zip.

That's a good idea. It does actually work with the old one by pressing the G key to lower the gear, but we should update the dll for sure.

MTV Assembly

Docking with Intermonkey Space Station and Orion

0m9n6j.jpg

InNrwU.jpg

kpBu0A.jpg

xMC7qV.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

Oh man my excitement intensifies with every update you post.

:P

How does the transfer stage handle with the Orion hanging off the side?

That Orion most certainly departs before injection burn. It's there to deliver the crew.

I think so. I'l make you a deal: Wherever it's at in one week, I'll stop and release the product. That way I don't get distracted by some new idea :)

Well no one is going to ask so, I will when you say stop what does that mean ? no more updates too ? that it's done deal ? As much as, I would like to play with the new parts you are showing, I still hope there is more to come :)

Well no one is going to ask so, I will when you say stop what does that mean ? no more updates too ? that it's done deal ? As much as, I would like to play with the new parts you are showing, I still hope there is more to come :)

Oh no I mean stop developing the next update and give you guys a chance to have a download and give feedback... remember we're still talking about a beta it's not even going to the release thread yet... my goodness there is so much more we can do in the future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.