Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

Okay so the core stage began life as the Bobcat Ares V product so that's why it's got the classic setup. A new core stage is on the docket, but the last two times we've gotten close to working on that, another more important project has been put first. So yes, but not this week.

You are correct and that has been on my mind. As depicted the Chaka SLS is supposed to be less powerful - say 140t and MLS is supposed to be more like an updated Ares V, say 180t. The one you were given is not balanced properly. This issue came up with the Munar 1x as well.

So, in the next update (later this week) the white SLS core stage part will have 20% less engine thrust, and the 5 segment SRB's will have 20% less thrust and 20% less solid fuel. Then, the "Munar 2x" systems will be moved back to MLS.

So the MLS will continue using the Bobcat Ares V core stage, and the SLS will use a custom core stage later?

So the MLS will continue using the Bobcat Ares V core stage, and the SLS will use a custom core stage later?

When the new core stage model comes online we'll probably make an orange version and a white version, and retain the Bobcat core as a third choice.

Has anyone been able to come up with the proper way to land the Hab, Rover and Ascent Vehicle near to each other, with proper use of the heatshield, using MechJeb's landing autopilot?

Because I have not:pFElky9.png

Yes, thats the NTR stage landed perfectly, and the Ascent Vehicle in ruins

Has anyone been able to come up with the proper way to land the Hab, Rover and Ascent Vehicle near to each other, with proper use of the heatshield, using MechJeb's landing autopilot?

Because I have not:http://i.imgur.com/pFElky9.png

Looks like a staging issue is part of the problem... I noticed a staging issue somewhere in one of the save files - make sure to look over everything carefully before you launch it.

Also Mech Jeb gives me headaches.... Docking auto pilot half the time goes on the fritz and just drifts away for ever, or does really stupid things sometimes. In regards to landing, it is very guilty of failing on lots of craft. Best solution would be to use it to lline yourself up with the landing site, but I recommend doing it manually from there in.

hi, I have a weird bug with this mod - everytime I go to space my menus start to flicker when I move the camera around.

I think it might have something to do with Kosmos solar panels - it starts when I'm toggling one of em. Other than that this mod is fenomenal and works great :)

When the new core stage model comes online we'll probably make an orange version and a white version, and retain the Bobcat core as a third choice.

It would just make sense to keep using the Ares V core stage for the MLS, since it's going to have a greater payload capacity. It even fits with the SLS having 20 % lower thrust.

It would just make sense to keep using the Ares V core stage for the MLS, since it's going to have a greater payload capacity. It even fits with the SLS having 20 % lower thrust.

Yeah exactly. Also I really like the model.

The orange SLS core product would be a result of the continuing speculation that SLS will actually be orange unpainted foam. It would look rather different from the MLS core, because the real orange SLS should have a white band at the top and bottom; the foam won't extend all the way to the top or bottom, which I can't do on the Bobcat part because of the texture locations, they are re used a lot around the tube.

Because I have not:http://i.imgur.com/pFElky9.png

That looks like a disaster! This must be a staging issue, I'l fix it.

Mech Jeb's autopilot default setting wants to land at a steep angle. You should try a lower angle and do it manually. There is sufficient extra fuel on the landers to allow coasting to the target area. Also, the landers should be put down at least 200 meters apart for safety.

PS: I'm planning an update to the Duna lander configurations soon. We're gonna move the inflatable back inside the fairing since I've canceled the "Fairing into Duna Atmosphere" concept. When we do that I'll resolve the resizing issue of the fairing base which can be seen in your picture.

hi, I have a weird bug with this mod - everytime I go to space my menus start to flicker when I move the camera around.

I think it might have something to do with Kosmos solar panels - it starts when I'm toggling one of em. Other than that this mod is fenomenal and works great :)

Menus flicker? I dunno, those arrays are pretty well tested. Maybe try a fresh install with default graphics settings and see if it still happens, then go back and let me know what might have caused that.

Edited by YANFRET

I think you should really consider adding effects to that engine. It's just looks better. Kind of a case of form over function. It's your pack and lord knows it won't discourage many from not useing it but something slight will make it look awesome. Like Aerojet Kerbodyne SM engines. Just a thought.

Menus flicker? I dunno, those arrays are pretty well tested. Maybe try a fresh install with default graphics settings and see if it still happens, then go back and let me know what might have caused that.

disregard my stupidity - clearing graphics settings and running KSP in full screen fixed the issue :)

I think you should really consider adding effects to that engine. It's just looks better. Kind of a case of form over function. It's your pack and lord knows it won't discourage many from not useing it but something slight will make it look awesome. Like Aerojet Kerbodyne SM engines. Just a thought.

You're right. Presently, the entire pack is in pieces on the floor. I'm re working most of the engine effects and making all kinds of updates from cone to nozzle. Here's today's results:

New TALUS Rover Config

And introducing

Chaka / KOCMOC RD-480 Engine!

8qXEN3.jpg

HkNOWS.jpg

LnA2QX.jpg

WtXPeU.jpg

uivmXX.jpg

pVQCjY.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

@Yanfret on using porkjet Internals think you forgot some textures for all his textures worked from his pack and remember getting some missing texture error when you first release it was going to double check but must have deleted that install.

@Yanfret on using porkjet Internals think you forgot some textures for all his textures worked from his pack and remember getting some missing texture error when you first release it was going to double check but must have deleted that install.

Fascinating. I hopefully that was the only cause of the issues that compelled us to pull the IVA's temporarily. I'm really fond of those interiors and I'l check this out.

New EMLV Upper Stage and Fairing Base config

- Now featuring Chaka / KOCMOC RD-480 engine

- Fairing re-size issue fixed and reduced profle

- Added control items for upper stage disposal

SHDg2r.jpg

I have been trying to debug an error, which seems to be caused by a FusTek .dll, which, from what I have read, is now deprecated. The following items are from the Unity player.log.

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'CMES/Aero/BC-003/part (2)/PC_InflateHeatshieldL'

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

KSP(50805,0xa18961a8) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=8388608) failed (error code=3)
*** error: can't allocate region
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Receiving unhandled NULL exception
Obtained 65 stack frames.

Stack frames omitted.

Missing method .ctor in assembly /Volumes/D DRIVE/KSP_osx_CRP/GameData/CMES/Hab/Plugins/FusTek_Sumghai.dll, type System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute
The class System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute could not be loaded, used in FusTek_Sumghai
Can't find custom attr constructor image: /Volumes/D DRIVE/KSP_osx_CRP/GameData/CMES/Hab/Plugins/FusTek_Sumghai.dll mtoken: 0x0a00000d

I'm not sure how the new version of FusTek resolves this, although apparently they have moved to firespitter for some things. I will attempt to troubleshoot this further, but I figured I would put this out there in case anyone has a quick answer. A search for this FusTek_Sumghai.dll in this thread revealed nothing, but I admit I may have missed reading something.

Thanks!

I have been trying to debug an error, which seems to be caused by a FusTek .dll, which, from what I have read, is now deprecated. The following items are from the Unity player.log.

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'CMES/Aero/BC-003/part (2)/PC_InflateHeatshieldL'

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

KSP(50805,0xa18961a8) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=8388608) failed (error code=3)
*** error: can't allocate region
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Receiving unhandled NULL exception
Obtained 65 stack frames.

Stack frames omitted.

Missing method .ctor in assembly /Volumes/D DRIVE/KSP_osx_CRP/GameData/CMES/Hab/Plugins/FusTek_Sumghai.dll, type System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute
The class System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute could not be loaded, used in FusTek_Sumghai
Can't find custom attr constructor image: /Volumes/D DRIVE/KSP_osx_CRP/GameData/CMES/Hab/Plugins/FusTek_Sumghai.dll mtoken: 0x0a00000d

I'm not sure how the new version of FusTek resolves this, although apparently they have moved to firespitter for some things. I will attempt to troubleshoot this further, but I figured I would put this out there in case anyone has a quick answer. A search for this FusTek_Sumghai.dll in this thread revealed nothing, but I admit I may have missed reading something.

Thanks!

Hey! So the fustek dll was supposed to be removed, we're not using it for any function. If we both delete it then problem solved and I'l catch that on the next update.

How it could possibly relate to the inflatable heatshield I do not know.

Thanks for lookin out!

For me, the Crew Transfer Tunnels bounce around sporadically as though they are not connected, like rubber bands stretching it all over the place.. causes massive structural problems... basically worthless... Is it just me ?

For me, the Crew Transfer Tunnels bounce around sporadically as though they are not connected, like rubber bands stretching it all over the place.. causes massive structural problems... basically worthless... Is it just me ?

I believe what you're describing is a known fault with the Altair Dockport, and that the KOSMOS Crew Tunnel is innocent of all charges.

In some cases but not all, the Altair Dockport must be secured with two or three medium struts.

Hey! So the fustek dll was supposed to be removed, we're not using it for any function. If we both delete it then problem solved and I'l catch that on the next update.

How it could possibly relate to the inflatable heatshield I do not know.

Thanks for lookin out!

I take that back. We need the dll for the cupola animation.

Can you tell me more about what you experienced? Was there a crash and what other mods were on?

I take that back. We need the dll for the cupola animation.

Can you tell me more about what you experienced? Was there a crash and what other mods were on?

O Yanfret the new FusTek don't use the plugin it use's the Firespitter plugin

MODULE

{

name = FSanimateGeneric

animationName = KupolaBlastShutters

startEventGUIName = Close Blast Shutters

endEventGUIName = Open Blast Shutters

toggleActionName = Toggle Blast Shutters

customAnimationSpeed = 1.0

moduleID = 0

startDeployed = true

playAnimationOnEditorSpawn = false

}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.