Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

The liquid tanks on the Delta IV have terrible collision meshes and because of that will not decouple from any type of detachment manifold

Here is what the ship will look like if you try mounting boosters.....

screenshot7_1.png

As you can see the boosters refuse to "connect" .

The liquid tanks on the Delta IV have terrible collision meshes and because of that will not decouple from any type of detachment manifold

Here is what the ship will look like if you try mounting boosters.....

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q561/chadro_6963/Kerbal/screenshot7_1.png

As you can see the boosters refuse to "connect" .

I do not get that issue myself. Perhaps it's a tweakscale bug?

Anyone have a problem with undocking some won't undock and some stages after dropped still show more then they should.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/M0.png Thats after hitting the undock button.

I am also having trouble getting craft to un-dock. I have tried switching back and forth with [ ] keys and it shows two craft now (thinks it has un-docked) but both are stuck together, VERY stuck. have not been able to break them free with excessive rcs or anything.

help, my crew(s) are stuck...

thanks.

Im having problem with chaka/kokmoc radiator panel... these panels do not generate energy.

They're not supposed to, they're stand-ins for radiators, which are supposed to radiate heat off from the station into space

Im having problem with chaka/kokmoc radiator panel... these panels do not generate energy.

If them are the white one's they should be a heat panel not like a solar panel.

EDIT- Whoops lol slow refresh.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also having trouble getting craft to un-dock. I have tried switching back and forth with [ ] keys and it shows two craft now (thinks it has un-docked) but both are stuck together, VERY stuck. have not been able to break them free with excessive rcs or anything.

help, my crew(s) are stuck...

thanks.

And thought that got fixed but right off-hand don't remember what the fix was.

EDIT- Are you running RealChutes ?

EDIT- O see, I also post what fixed the docking for me was ( Took out ECLSS the lifesupport mod that was using and don't have a problem with docking or sticky docking ports. )

Edited by Mecripp2

Is there an ATM config floating around anywhere by chance?

Edit: Nevermind. ATM seems to have done something to the CMES textures when it loaded up. New question. Why is there super powerful reaction wheels in all of the fuel tanks?

Edit 2: My white Orion pod seems to not have a heatshield texture as well. Its just a flat grey color. Now ive been trimming parts so is it possible I deleted the texture? I didn't touch anything in the pods folder, but I did delete the black version, some of the similar hab modules and most of the fuel tanks. Is that texture by chance not in the Orion pods folder?

Edited by Motokid600

Having a small issue using the mod in career mode in .90. Cannot launch any ships with the CHAKA / EMLV ENGINE MOUNT even with all tech tree nodes unlocked. The problem doesn't occur in sandbox mode. I looked through the .cfg files and found there is a line missing from \CMES\Propulsion\NP_interstage_1_25m_2_5m_tank\part.cfg. I added TechRequired = generalRocketry and all is well. Just though you may want to make a note of this to be fixed in a later release.

Having a small issue using the mod in career mode in .90. Cannot launch any ships with the CHAKA / EMLV ENGINE MOUNT even with all tech tree nodes unlocked. The problem doesn't occur in sandbox mode. I looked through the .cfg files and found there is a line missing from \CMES\Propulsion\NP_interstage_1_25m_2_5m_tank\part.cfg. I added TechRequired = generalRocketry and all is well. Just though you may want to make a note of this to be fixed in a later release.

same here, another fix is to put in techrequired = 0 and entrycost = 0

Yes you're right, that's on the bug fix list and thank you for the reminder

Yea I just tried Chaka again on a stock as possible install and there simply is no heatshield texture for the Orion on both the black and white versions. Its just a flat grey, low res texture. Is that intended?

If it looks like this, then it is working properly:

rQMLYp.jpg

We will use that texture until the Bobcat Orion pod is replaced in the future (not soon) The texture is a compromise between the silver tape on the real Orion and the limits of how the Bobcat Orion model wraps the heat shield texture to the mesh. It's a very warped arrangement, so only near solid textures work well there.

PS: Real Orion in flight heat shield appearance:

14367147027_8ef88dee5b_k.jpg

same here, another fix is to put in techrequired = 0 and entrycost = 0

Yep

... Why is there super powerful reaction wheels in all of the fuel tanks?

Now that you've reminded me of that, we may decide to trim it down for the next update. Initially, it was to overcome the various ways that KSP makes spaceships move as we developed Chaka from .19 to present. Before the updates to SAS, node rigidity etc, it was necessary to balance large amounts of (unrealistic) gyro force evenly across the monkey transfer vehicle and MLS/SLS vehicles in order for them to fly properly. Presently, it reduces RCS propellant use, which is good because on a real spacecraft RCS use would be carefully planned prior to flight. In the game environment we just dump it overboard any time we feel like it, so perhaps a future compromise could be increasing thruster efficiency and turning down the reaction wheel force.

Edited by YANFRET

stupid question, but where is the crew hatches located on the Super Hab and the Large Observation Module? I have the observation stacked ontop the Hab , but the game wont let me EVA a kerbal out saying obstructed hatch :(

The only way out is through a docked rover = 0

a bit wierd, but ok. *config edits*

This isn't the first issue with the way we have been using that fustek cupola part. We are trending away from it actually, so the future super hab will probably have the stock cupola.

It's already been changed on the Station Core system, as you can see here

BzjPmA.jpg

EDIT: I like this better anyway. Also we need more RCS on it for landing control so we shall add that as well.

aTdt7S.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

kool beans! on that bottom picture with the hab that has the ladder going down I see a "port" of some sort a bit to the right. Is that a valid crew hatch? That part looks familiar and Ive seen it somewhere in my parts list.

So, what mod are those red solar panels from? They look really cool and I'm curious because I plan on doing a mission where I send a probe out to Dres and with another mod the panels basically become useless around there... so I need BBBIIIIIIIGGG ones to get even a tteeeeny tiiiiiny amount of power

New Station Components

EMLV II Supports Intermonkey Space Station with Science module and Solar Expansion Truss

I2TpDC.jpg

1gPrrz.jpg

kool beans! on that bottom picture with the hab that has the ladder going down I see a "port" of some sort a bit to the right. Is that a valid crew hatch? That part looks familiar and Ive seen it somewhere in my parts list.

Bobcat Rover Dockport, does not work as hatch.

So, what mod are those red solar panels from? They look really cool and I'm curious because I plan on doing a mission where I send a probe out to Dres and with another mod the panels basically become useless around there... so I need BBBIIIIIIIGGG ones to get even a tteeeeny tiiiiiny amount of power

Kosmos Station Parts, however we changed the textures and the dimensions.

Edited by YANFRET

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.