Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

Oh I get it. Yes.

Rover time!

ji2RsB.jpg

Torture lol... We had 42 craft files that worked great in .90 and we're re building each vehicle from cone to nozzle... yeah I hear ya!

In other words the entire Chaka programme was wood chippered by 1.0.2, although it's pretty straightforward what must be done... and we are almost done... however if you're gonna re engineer something from the ground up, why not take the opportunity to make all those changes you thought of along the way?

Side note, Just now watching something transit to Duna I was thinking... this process of engineer, update, improve release, is how I play Kerbal now, and that means you guys are actually a major part of the game experience for me.

That makes you guys pretty cool! lol

Edited by YANFRET

Happy to be involved, Yanfret!

Another request, because this is what we do. I'd love to see you draw some quick sketches, even if its with a pen on a napkin, of what you think the interiors of your habitat parts look like, how many floors and where the ladders lead. I don't know if you've thought about it, but I'd like to see what you can come up with!

i didn't mean it in that way (actually it was a tongue-in-cheek comment), i meant the pics and the teasing which are awesome and make me feel even more like the dog in the pic :P

:D I know but I do feel guilty for all the picture teasing

Holy crap are you really in Rio? We are tropical.

Happy to be involved, Yanfret!

Another request, because this is what we do. I'd love to see you draw some quick sketches, even if its with a pen on a napkin, of what you think the interiors of your habitat parts look like, how many floors and where the ladders lead. I don't know if you've thought about it, but I'd like to see what you can come up with!

Can I turn this around on you and as you to make some sketches about what they should look like?

:D I know but I do feel guilty for all the picture teasing

Holy crap are you really in Rio? We are tropical.

born and raised in Rio, in a neighbourhood right next to copacabana :P

EDIT: btw, did you see my question about Jupiter DIRECT? i'm asking because i edited after you posted :blush:

I can certainly try! Which habitat modules are to be included in the next version of CM, so I can reference them with what I have in your last release?

All the habitats remain, but we really need to make a high quality cupola IVA. And I'm open to ideas about where to improve on the Porkjet IVA plans we use presently.

Successful rover mission completes Duna Critical Design Review!

kBJD0s.jpg

jyNvGl.jpg

TaBaY9.jpg

4hMVU3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

born and raised in Rio, in a neighbourhood right next to copacabana :P

EDIT: btw, did you see my question about Jupiter DIRECT? i'm asking because i edited after you posted :blush:

Well that is super cool. We are from Monteria Cordoba Colombia and Toronto Canada haha

I think about Juptier all the time. But then I start thinking about Solar Electric Propulsion, EM drive, 6 years of food and the fact that we're still working on Mars, then I get dizzy on Jupiter :)

Edited by YANFRET

You might check some of this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99252-0-90-AIPS-Better-IVA-Prop-Placement-v4-BobCat-Ind-HOME-3-Update! that he done for homes3 but for the cupola don't know and have you seen the retexture cupola that Van did ?

I'l check it out

Oh that Jupiter Direct.

Well sure in fact many of the founding principles of Chaka are based in the proposals they made. Also many of our visuals are guided by this very image you have posted. I am especially fond of the upper stage and I think it's Saturn style common intertank is extremely compelling. We have a weakness for 70's space nostalgia which that upper stage evokes hard core. I guess the one bit we've never taken on is the petal opening interstage which can hide an MPLM or ISS module... we have done research on the subject but it's rather tricky in KSP... it's never worked out in game so far. We've found ways around that... our "exploration habitat" for example is inspired by the need for Orion to have a small habitat module to be useful.

but the core tank is Ares V sized, or am i having the wrong length idea? (which might be the case since i haven't used it yet and i'm heavily considering using the outdated version just to check the parts lol)

now that you mentioned, i remember seeing one upper tank which seemed just like the Jupiter's in the thread while i was looking through the almost 1800 posts on the thread lol

as for the petal adapter, well, i've got a pretty similar result to the pics by using procedural fairings interstage with 1.4m spacing from the payload, but i had a Fustek module in it though... not perfect, but close

as for the 70s hardware nostalgia, tell me about it :P i find Saturn V, N1, Soyuz and Proton awesome, however i can't find Ares appealing... SLS on the other hand resembles Saturn, but the ultra long core stage doesn't get me into it... with Jupiter being the exception :P

went and downloaded the 0.90 version, and it's totally possible to make a Jupiter, i was having the wrong length idea, the core tank does fit the scale of Jupiter... however, two questions came to my mind... 1 - is there a way to separate the tank from the engine cluster on my end? 2 - is there a RSS version of Chaka? thing is bigger than Saturn V :P

1.0.2 Bulletin VII

We went stealth mode for a few days because one of the exciting new revisions is pending a license agreement... However in the last week the entire 1.0.2 Chaka update has been finished and it's actually 99% ready to roll. Just a few test flights and efficiency tweaks and then on to beta testing while I finish up that long promised craft documentation.

Great news! Even with all the new stuff the next update will be smaller than the previous one, as we have condensed and removed un needed models.

Monkey Transfer Vehicle Teaser:

QFaMbg.jpg

Dear Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems Engineers,

We, your loyal customers at Voidryder's Aerospace applaud and salute your success at producing such admirable and useful launch vehicles with various crewed modules. While we understand your thoroughness and desire not to release any vehicle before you are absolutely 110% confident that it will perform as promised, our entire flight staff and some of our ground staff as well are more than willing to fly all of your fantastic spacecrafts and launch vehicles at your current 99% readiness. They have even signed a petition stating such commitment. (The ones who refused to sign are now free to seek career opportunities elsewhere.) Please Good Sirs, commence shipment. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Grand Designer,

Voidryder's Aerospace

(Yanfret, you're killing me with the teaser pics. Absolutely can't wait to get CMES into space again. Thanks to you and your Team.)

Dear Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems Engineers,

We, your loyal customers at Voidryder's Aerospace applaud and salute your success at producing such admirable and useful launch vehicles with various crewed modules. While we understand your thoroughness and desire not to release any vehicle before you are absolutely 110% confident that it will perform as promised, our entire flight staff and some of our ground staff as well are more than willing to fly all of your fantastic spacecrafts and launch vehicles at your current 99% readiness. They have even signed a petition stating such commitment. (The ones who refused to sign are now free to seek career opportunities elsewhere.) Please Good Sirs, commence shipment. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Grand Designer,

Voidryder's Aerospace

(Yanfret, you're killing me with the teaser pics. Absolutely can't wait to get CMES into space again. Thanks to you and your Team.)

LOL that's too funny man, But you also got to sign this liability waiver :)

That's fantastic because I need a small number of very thorough beta testers to run it through, I should have the beta test zip file ready within a day or two.

I also want to have an understanding with our beta testers this time especially that it stays under wraps until Chaka pushes his "Green Button" for public release.

Munar 1x Altair completes Chaka 1.0.2 vehicle certification as the final craft file to be flight tested:

9GpJKr.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

Dear Chaka Monkey Exploration Engineers,

As the Attorney from MeCripp Law Firm pointed out in his memo, we are more than willing to sign this liability waiver. In fact, we can guarantee that if there are any impossible misfortune accidents involving any of the outstanding CMES craft, no one will sue. We will simply refrain from installing any LES or launch pad fire suppression systems. It will provide the greatest motivation for flight and ground crews to give their utmost to ensuring every mission is a success. We obediently wait delivery.

Thank you,

The Grand Designer,

Voidryder's Aerospace

That's fantastic because I need a small number of very thorough beta testers to run it through, I should have the beta test zip file ready within a day or two.

I also want to have an understanding with our beta testers this time especially that it stays under wraps until Chaka pushes his "Green Button" for public release.

Munar 1x Altair completes Chaka 1.0.2 vehicle certification as the final craft file to be flight tested:

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/9695/9GpJKr.jpg

As one of the purveyors of your RO configs, I wouldn't mind a preview copy :P

Well that's been our approach before! This time we're doing it right.

Beta testing is going very well and we're making high velocity progress

That is perfectly fine. Please take your time and make it as good as you can.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.