Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

Btw. What about those upper stage tanks in the first picture of the op?(white ones) They are really really nice. I hope those make it into the first alpha

Those are a fun combo of the NovaPunch model, some bespoke texturing and major texture items from CBBP's Kosmos fairing texture which was itself made for Alexey Volynskov's procedural fairing system. :P

It's a core element of many systems here and you can expect it to be included with credits assigned to everyone above whos contribution led to the result. We're in communication with serveral authors working out all those licensing details and it seems to be going well.

By the way the service module tank in our Orion flight system on page 5 is made from the same ingredients.

Edited by YANFRET

Nice. Hadnt seen that. Can we expect a new texture test version soon?

When I get home tonight we'l let Chaka decide. If he chooses a bananna then it's part development next, if he chooses the cookie then it's release packaging work.

When I get home tonight we'l let Chaka decide. If he chooses a bananna then it's part development next, if he chooses the cookie then it's release packaging work.

I'm guessing Chaka is your pet monkey? lol if this been stated already then my bad lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all those mods use a Copy left license.. given the close knit community we have it would be easy to be blocked by an original content developer whom wants credit and control, but large and by permission is just a polite nod. If they wanted control they would have used a license conducive for that end.

I think what you have made here is beautiful, something I've been considering myself but after a little probing (pardon the pun) I found that authors are sour to the idea. That being said I would imagine some would change their tune after seeing what you've done with their original works.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all those mods use a Copy left license.. given the close knit community we have it would be easy to be blocked by an original content developer whom wants credit and control, but large and by permission is just a polite nod. If they wanted control they would have used a license conducive for that end.

I think what you have made here is beautiful, something I've been considering myself but after a little probing (pardon the pun) I found that authors are sour to the idea. That being said I would imagine some would change their tune after seeing what you've done with their original works.

We have made it clear from the beginning that release of this was contingent on support from authors whos parts are needed for it to work. What that means is if someone had said no then we would make a bespoke part to replace that system. So far we have made agreements with most of the key developers involved. There are a few loose ends to tie up but we have gotten a positive response from everyone asked. I have made it a priority to contact developers one at a time and to make sure each request is framed on it's own merit, in other words to give each author time to make their own decision without the suggestion that they should agree because others have.

Also, we are working with Talisar Aerospace to model several exciting new parts which will not only play a big role in this project but will be available seperatley as well for use with what people already have.

Edited by YANFRET

well, well, you know what assuming does! does he enjoy driving the beamer across the dunes?

Chaka says he prefers to ride on the dash of the B and that, no offense to Duna, but he prefers Barú Colombia because the temperature is nicer.

0n3q.jpg

Actually he's pretty well traveled for a little monkey.

Okay back on topic!

Status Update

SO we have made licensing agreements with Nothke to use his Fustek Experimental Textures (updates on that soon) as well as with Alexey Volynskov to use his procedural fairing system in the way that we have modified it. You may not have noticed but our fairing geometry is really different from what you get with the standard pack. We also have an agreement with 1096bimu to use his excellent bespoke 4 segment shuttle SRB system. We're gonna test that as a lower power booster system for some of the smaller mars payloads such as the rovers.

Edited by YANFRET

Omg why did I missed that... I followed the thread from beginning. I know what I do when I am back from work. Any other downloads for testing I missed?

:P No, that was just a lucky question asking for the only item yet made available for download.

By the way, Chaka LOVES banana bread, as well as Bananen-Nudeln

Edited by YANFRET

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.