Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

Question.. how do I get BobCats Orion to look like YANFRET's? I have both YANFRETS Orion and Bobscats Orion folders right here next to eachother. Now.. should I just swap out the entire folders? Im concerned there may be some conflicting issues with the IVA so id like to just move the textures over. Which files do I remove and replace? Bobcats files are different names so I don't know whats what.

Tl:dr.. can I just deleted Orion_pod from the American Pack and swap it out with Orion_pod from CMES? Will there be issues with the IVA? And are the part.cfg's any different between the two?

Question.. how do I get BobCats Orion to look like YANFRET's? I have both YANFRETS Orion and Bobscats Orion folders right here next to eachother. Now.. should I just swap out the entire folders? Im concerned there may be some conflicting issues with the IVA so id like to just move the textures over. Which files do I remove and replace? Bobcats files are different names so I don't know whats what.

Tl:dr.. can I just deleted Orion_pod from the American Pack and swap it out with Orion_pod from CMES? Will there be issues with the IVA? And are the part.cfg's any different between the two?

The IVA for Orion in the most current alpha is a stand-in and does not fit the capsule at all. We will be working on a bespoke IVA later, so you're not loosing anything by changing the IVA. If you want to just use the textures you can copy those over, however the Chaka version has other changes such as how the dock port fits, and that's pretty size specific.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bit of a problem. Although all the chutes deploy correctly, icon goes green, all chutes pop out and fill, the capsule hits the water at about 40 M/S and kills the crew. I have set up a separate install of KSP with only CMES and KJR added, but still the same result.

You need to cut the drogue chute, or make sure it's cut.

Or he can go into the cfg file, take the first moduleParachute he finds, and move it down below the second parachute module. That should fix it. Keyword here is should.

Or he can go into the cfg file, take the first moduleParachute he finds, and move it down below the second parachute module. That should fix it. Keyword here is should.

Yes, that worked. The capsule hits the water at 4.7 M/S and the crew survives. However, it all looks a bit ugly. The main chutes deploy straight away, the drogue chute deploys later, then disappears and the chute icon in the staging sequence goes red. However, now that I have been pointed in the right direction I will start fiddling with the .cfg file and see if I can get things to work in a more aesthetically pleasing manner. So much to learn in this game!

Hello everyone!

You are not forgotten. Just got back from our K1 visa interview at the U.S. Embassy in Colombia ((Approved!! YAAY!!)) and now it's rush time to finish getting the house ready!! ( no time for Monkey Exploration just yet )

Here are some pictures from Bogota we took last week

92tx.jpg

12tc.jpg

6ufc.jpg

Regards

PS: I purchased another copy of Kerbal as a gift for my coworker so he can share it with his son, and they are having a grand time making rockets explode.

Edited by YANFRET

Dear YANFRET, a small question: how will the new parts affect the CMES project ?

I also hope your personal project is progressing fine :)

Hello thank you! It is and we're almost at the finish line : ) (IRL)

(CHAKA): It's exciting that they are doing that. I think moar rockets = good. It's possible that there is a part somewhere in the new release that makes sense to use with Chaka but without detailed research it's impossible to guess.

Monkey Asteroid Exploration?

ive run into a problem ive installed beta3 but the ships wont load in the vab says theres parts missing and mod admin shows this http://imgur.com/EgJ5a5Q

I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem with alpha 003 but I'm glad you brought your experience to my attention. Would you mind trying it again with a fresh install of KSP and let me know if you get a different result?

Hello thank you! It is and we're almost at the finish line : ) (IRL)

(CHAKA): It's exciting that they are doing that. I think moar rockets = good. It's possible that there is a part somewhere in the new release that makes sense to use with Chaka but without detailed research it's impossible to guess.

Monkey Asteroid Exploration?

I was especially wondering if the new parts created in collaboration with the NASA (the extra-large fuel tanks and new engines) do not make the ones from the American Pack of BobCat being potentially a bit redundant ?

I was especially wondering if the new parts created in collaboration with the NASA (the extra-large fuel tanks and new engines) do not make the ones from the American Pack of BobCat being potentially a bit redundant ?

No the Chaka heavy lift system should continue on its development path from what you've seen and it will be up to the user to decide if it's redundant.

lfqz.jpg

g0a7.jpg

I'm very happy with how it works now, but it's always nice to have choices.

Edited by YANFRET

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.