Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

So, apparently the official NASA mission pack from Squad will feature parts to acurately recreate the SLS.

Does this change your priorities for this pack at all?

I didn't read anything about an additional parts pack for the NASA pack, as I know it will only add a mission pack no parts included.,

And If it will somehow indeed add new parts, I don't see him changing priorities.. this is more like a combination of Constellation, SLS, SpaceX, and his own ideas.

I didn't read anything about an additional parts pack for the NASA pack, as I know it will only add a mission pack no parts included.,

And If it will somehow indeed add new parts, I don't see him changing priorities.. this is more like a combination of Constellation, SLS, SpaceX, and his own ideas.

Watch,or rather listen, to THIS and you will know what he talks about :)

So, apparently the official NASA mission pack from Squad will feature parts to acurately recreate the SLS.

Does this change your priorities for this pack at all?

Watch,or rather listen, to THIS and you will know what he talks about :)

All new parts are worth looking at!!!!!

You're right I'm creating a system that I see as the way to go for Mars; and that is the passion that drives this. For example however, Adam Steltzner and I are on different sides of the various EDL theories for large landers, which I find troubling because he would know (OMG).

Right now real life has me totally focused, and I'm really excited about that because big things are happening for us. I really appreciate all of you for sticking with this while it's on hold and also I am enjoying the collaborations with content authors who are currently working on projects which may find a way into this system. Together all of us will make these ideas more robust and awesome.

Edited by YANFRET

By curiosity, as i'm impressed by the pictures i saw in this topic, will you release all the re-texturing in the same time or will you release them progressively ?

I'm also quite curious to know which mods you used for your rovers.

I guess this mod will be a must-have when it will be released :)

By curiosity, as i'm impressed by the pictures i saw in this topic, will you release all the re-texturing in the same time or will you release them progressively ?

I'm also quite curious to know which mods you used for your rovers.

I guess this mod will be a must-have when it will be released :)

Looks like ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule with the sides has some parts and base plate from American Pack and Antenna is LLL mod not sure about the thrusters on the base plate.

Edited by Mecripp2

Looks like ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule with the sides has some parts and base plate from American Pack and Antenna is LLL mod not sure about the thrusters on the base plate.

That would make sense. I did knew the LER rover. That's what i was looking for !

The sides of the rover (and the antenna as you mention) seem to come from the LLL pack. And i recognized the ALCOR.

That's becoming more and more tricky to identify the pieces of modcrafts :D

That would make sense. I did knew the LER rover. That's what i was looking for !

The sides of the rover (and the antenna as you mention) seem to come from the LLL pack. And i recognized the ALCOR.

That's becoming more and more tricky to identify the pieces of modcrafts :D

The only LLL part we use is that neat antenna however we have not asked for licensing of it because it's use in the pack is TBD.

The way things work at Chaka Labs is we license and then modify parts that suit a particular role in these systems from their authors, and develop bespoke parts to fill in the gaps from there. Presently we have agreements with just about everyone who authord parts shown modified here, and are in communication with the rest generally. If we have not made a licensing agreement with a particular author thus far the usual reason is that we are waiting to determine exactly which parts would be used. There is one exception in which an author asked us to let him develop a bespoke part for Chaka Monkey rather than redistribute the one we had been testing, which is fantastic and a great example of why we are really pleased with the support this project is getting from around the community. It was intended from day 1 to be a platform for collaboration and I'ts great to see it functioning in that way.

This process was moving forward at a very fast pace until the project was put on hold so that I can focus on remodeling my house by a certain date (omg soon).

Um your questions... all CMES landers use Kosmos radial engines (licensed for redistribution) with the exception of the return-to-orbit lander which is shown with Laztek Dragon radials however final config on that is TBD.

There are two versions of the rover lander, one using the ALCOR pod and another using the Bobcat, Ind. pod. Both use Bobcat, Ind. components such as the base plate and docking ports. We are licensed for redistribution with Bobcat, Ind. for the American Pack in it's entirety and we will work out something for the ALCOR pod however since that system is still under development by it's author we're gonna wait until that's signed off before sorting out what version to license. Quite often for Chaka Monkey systems we don't use the most current version of the mod, depending on it's behavior within the larger system.

Edited by YANFRET

Thanks for this answer :)

I understand the question of the licence and thanks the authors who agreed with your project.

I'm really waiting for the first release version, the preview published by Chaka Monkey systems are absolutely impressive and beautiful. You make a great job :)

By special request from a friend of the project;

CMES Alpha Zero - Advanced Monkey Cargo System 1st stage with SRB and fairing only

The purpose of this download is to test the fairing system.

* Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, GmbH is licensed by the original authors noted below to distribute this content.

â–º https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4qi5rz9ahc86om/CMES%20ALPHA%20ZERO%20-%20AMCS%201ST%20STAGE%20AND%20FAIRING%20ONLY.zip â—„

WARNING: KJR is required for ALL Chaka Monkey operations http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kerbal-joint-reinforcement/

DO NOT ATTEMPT OPERATION WITHOUT KERBAL JOINT REINFORCEMENT

* Warranty void if operation by non-monkey technician is attempted.

How to use: Put CMES folder in your Game Data and go make a rocket. These parts exist in their own file structure which is the first alpha of the Chaka Monkey file structure you will get with the whole pack.

These parts should not interfere with content you may already have from these authors with one exception; the procedural fairings DLL is included in this -- so you need to be extra aware if you have another copy of that around somewhere and deal with that. I expect you may use whichever version of the DLL you prefer or the one included here, however please do not use this download as a reference for the most current version of the procedural fairings DLL.

* Future releases will begin to contain craft files as the systems become less obvious to construct. Since this is a very simple set of parts no craft file is included (go nuts).

TESTING VOLUNTEERS: I want to know about any trouble you get into. Also, please seek so I may destroy any undesired interaction between this download and standard installs of content from these authors.

ACHTUNG!! Downloadable items on this page contain modified content from Bobcat, Ind., Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau, and Alexey Volynskov (Keramzit Procedural Fairings). Please see page 1 of this forum thread for direct links to the original versions of these author's content. These items are made available under the conditions of original license, see below

LICENSE

All items copyrighted by their respective original authors and released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. You can read the full terms of the license on the Creative Commons webpage here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Edited by YANFRET

Amazing! Splendid! Beautiful! One of my favorite Packs already and it only has a few test parts! I already went to the MUN and back with the parts!

http://imgur.com/a/e7EMB#0

(The Hell? This dang thing never works….. http://imgur.com/a/e7EMB#0)

(Sorry, the pics are out of order and have no comments, but, meh.)

That is hilarious. The core stage sitting on the Mun like a beached whale is something I never thought I would see and I'm glad you got there safely!

Edited by YANFRET

That is hilarious. The core stage sitting on the Mun like a beached whale is something I never thought I would see and I'm glad you got there safely!

Thanks! I decoupled it a bit late, because "every drop of delta-V counts!" And hit a little tool hard. If you zoom in closely, you can see Bob chillin on top of tank in the distance. It was pretty fun.

On a more serious note, there where a few probelms. I'll list them in numbers cuz' I longs posts and pretty lists.

1) Large orange tank, SRBs, and 8m fairing collision is off when you hit it with a kerbal. Fine on the ground, though, so not really matter, but, whatever.

2) One REALLY needs KJR. This isn't a bug, but if you don't use it: May the Kraken have mercey on you. (And bye-bye SRBs!)

3) Omce a strut is broken (SRB stage) the left over bases on the tank act kinda funny. The will **** out and flicker, and when I crashed, all the bases became one derbie, still in place around a invisible tank. I'll see if I can get a pic sometime.

4) How does one use the SRB nosecone?!?

Annd 5) When selecting a SRB in the VAB, the root point of it (where the mouse is on and it is moved around from[you follow?]) it is the very top, makeing the surface you want it connected to have to be exactly when you want the top to be (I'm looking at you, raidial decoupler)

Ok, that was the bad stuff. Here is the good stuff:

1) Very nice textures on ALL parts!

2) I love the 3 way fairings!

3) I LOVE THEM PARTS

4) The torque in the main tank was pretty cool

5) The sheer size (largest non-procedural parts) makes then so much more interesting.

6) I like the different fairing sizes.

And some suggestions (you probebly have most if these coverd though)

1) Improved engine FX (Hey, it's the new tread)

2) Adaptors: I know that they are planned, but I would love to see them

In the next Alpha.

3) I would prefer if the main stage would gimble instead of torque, because if you launch it like I did, I is pretty hard to control purely with torque.

And that is about it for now. Thanks again, YANFRET and Chaka, Hats of to you and your get Alpha build!

Thanks!

1) - 3) I think are acceptable for it's function.

4) and 5) Ignore all shipping and handling issues with SRB you will not have to worry about that later.

• Engine FX is on the list. When development resumes I will reach out to those working on that and see what we can get.

• Gimbal: I use a few RCS pods to help kick it into angle under SRB. It's a matter of managing control until you can ditch the solids. With a heavy thing on top a lot of it's flight characteristics will seem more natural. Under full payload SRB burnout occurs at a much lower altitude. In this config large upper stage is solid as a rock and does not oscillate. The flight profile should include very slight turn in until SRB sep and then a more aggressive gravity turn after. Or, if you are feeling sleepy just go straight up under SAS control until SRB sep and then shut it off and start the gravity turn, maintaining manual control until burnout. With very light control input it almost flies itself to orbit. Not getting to angle immediately will cost you a few meters per second at Duna but it sure is a convenient way to fly.

• Adapters; Fear not

• You guys will notice eventually that the fairings are set up to fit pretty snug to the payload. The reason for this is to more easily get to a minimum diameter. When testing a new payload for the fist time it is critical to do a zero G fairing sep test on the pad before flight. The craft files you will get with the full pack will have pre-tested landers stacked on the booster ready to fly. For exploring new configs, you will find a variety of "Fairing Sizers"; parts that will size the fairing to certain specific understood minimums. You can then lock the fairing and remove the "Sizer" part, save and test on the pad. Always pour blue liquid onto pad to demonstrate absorption.

Edited by YANFRET

Please enjoy

CMES Alpha 001

- Parts assortment without habitats or craft files

The purpose of this download is to test file structure, interaction with other content, cross version stability, and to see what kinds of Monkey Exploration you engineers conduct with a bucket of Chaka parts.

* Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, GmbH is licensed by the original authors noted below to distribute this content.

â–º https://www.dropbox.com/s/s09jesfgjiw9y2e/CMES%20ALPHA%20001.zip â—„

WARNING: KJR is required for ALL Chaka Monkey operations http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kerbal-joint-reinforcement/

DO NOT ATTEMPT OPERATION WITHOUT KERBAL JOINT REINFORCEMENT INSTALLED!!

How to use: Put "CMES" folder in your Game Data and go make a rocket. If you downloaded the alpha zero link from the previous page you obviously need to delete that when you install this. These parts exist in their own file structure which is the first alpha of the Chaka Monkey file structure you will get with the whole pack.

These parts should not interfere with content you may already have from these authors with one exception; the procedural fairings DLL is included in this -- so you need to be extra aware if you have another copy of that around somewhere and deal with that. I expect you may use whichever version of the DLL you prefer or the one included here, however please do not use this download as a reference for the most current version of the procedural fairings DLL.

Downloadable items on this page contain modified content made available under the conditions of original license from:

Winston & Kickasskyle - KW Rocketry

Tiberion - NovaPunch

Bobcat, Ind. American Pack

Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

Lionhead Aerospace

Sumghai - SDHI Service Module System

Alexey Volynskov (Keramzit Procedural Fairings)

LICENSE

All items copyrighted by their respective original authors and released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. You can read the full terms of the license on the Creative Commons webpage here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ :P

Edited by YANFRET

Please enjoy

CMES Alpha 001 - Parts assortment without habitats or craft files

The purpose of this download is to test file structure, interaction with other content, cross version stability, and to see what kinds of Monkey Exploration you engineers conduct with a bucket of Chaka parts.

â–º https://www.dropbox.com/s/s09jesfgjiw9y2e/CMES%20ALPHA%20001.zip â—„

WARNING: KJR AND MECHJEB ARE required for ALL Chaka Monkey operations http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kerbal-joint-reinforcement/

DO NOT ATTEMPT OPERATION WITHOUT KERBAL JOINT REINFORCEMENT OR MECHJEB INSTALLED!!

How to use: Put "CMES" folder in your Game Data and go make a rocket. If you downloaded the alpha zero link from the previous page you obviously need to delete that when you install this. These parts exist in their own file structure which is the first alpha of the Chaka Monkey file structure you will get with the whole pack.

ATTENTION!! Downloadable items on this page contain modified content from Winston & Kickasskyle - KW Rocketry, Tiberion - NovaPunch, Bobcat, Ind. American Pack, Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau, Lionhead Aerospace, Sumghai - SDHI Service Module System, and Alexey Volynskov (Keramzit Procedural Fairings). These items are made available under the conditions of original license, see below

LICENSE

All items copyrighted by their respective original authors and released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. You can read the full terms of the license on the Creative Commons webpage here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ :P

OMG :D I must immediately donwloa..... *faints due to overexcitement* xD

Edited by DasBananenbrot
Grammar Fail^^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.