Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

When is the release for this?

Page two I explained that we need to have more communication with the creators of these mods before discussing the existance of a release date, however assuming we get to that point, lets lay down a new rule right now;

"One Kerbal week will be added to afore qualified, assumed and hypothetical release date for each time that question is asked"

Fair?

I'm completley confused pardon?

My bad. I will rephrase.

I mean that the BMW and the SpaceX logos on the modules do not match well with KSP (It's my very own opinion and you make your mod as you want to). That would be great if the logos were those of the different addons you used to make this mod, like if KW Rocketry or BobCat were real companies. That would be more Kerbal-ish. But, again, it's my point of view.

Hope it was clear enough, sorry for my bad english.

My bad. I will rephrase.

I mean that the BMW and the SpaceX logos on the modules do not match well with KSP (It's my very own opinion and you make your mod as you want to). That would be great if the logos were those of the different addons you used to make this mod, like if KW Rocketry or BobCat were real companies. That would be more Kerbal-ish. But, again, it's my point of view.

Hope it was clear enough, sorry for my bad english.

No that's an excellent point in fact that I was thinking about doing exactly what you said. I think that would be a fantastic way to show credit to the creators of thos models and would identify which pieces they made.

The logos you see in the pictures are for fun during development.

Oh no, don't take it the wrong way, I've just seen a lot of mods on he dev sub forums go down the same route. And this looks very promising.

I just want everyone to have time to get back to me on their own schedule.

hey wait i recognize those textures, aren't they the textures that Nothke posted on the thread for Fustek for logistics modules?

or did you make them yourself because it has been bugging me

No those are Nothke's textures with a little trimming here and there. I need to get with him to add proper credit for that, those are really fantastic what he made there.

ok good to know because now i need to make room for this.....

ok good to know because now i need to make room for this.....

You can see in some of the pictures the habitats have the default fustek texture with like a circuit board pattern and SpaceX written on them, I did that to the original module textures at first but then when I found Nothke's texture pack I was so impressed with it I had to try it out on everything and there it is.

Will this contain all the parts from those constituent mods, or just a some of them?

From page 2:

If every author says "go for it" and this becomes a pack, yes, there is a chosen part for each one. This system is built to use as few different parts as possible, you see a lot of modular or re used components all around. A great example of that is Tiberion's NovaPunch tanks and stack decouplers, which are all over this in six or seven sizes. But there's only four different textures for the tanks and one for the stack decouplers, so a few cfg's here and there are all that's needed. I would be able to condense it all down to a certain minimum mass, it wouldnt be rediculous, but I cant give you an exact parts count right this moment. And we would certainly make a file structure that doesn't mess up if you have one or more of these mods already, you would just get the additional version, that's easy.

What I said about a stand alone install was kinda directed at the eager beta test volunteer scenario, I was describing it's current state without thinking about how to optimize it, which makes me realize I'm glad you asked.

If the root of your question is would I take responsibility for making this work on your computer and fielding the inevitable Q&A tsunami regarding it without placing additional burden on the original authors, the answer is yes absolutely I would do that, in other words I would provide the support for it which I think would only improve the quality of this system which I believe in as a worthwhile adaptation of these mods.

Edited by YANFRET

Original new textures for Bobcat's Orion capsule and .75 scale flight system

Sourced from photos of the space shuttle in orbit and fitted to the model one pixel at a time in many places.

Also shown; KW Rocketry, NovaPunch and SDHI based launch vehicle and service module.

New textures for Nova Punch LFT used as service module, and for SDHI fairings.

Service module engine by Kosmos, solar panels by Lionhead Aerospace.

u9fc.jpg

3rq7.jpg

3c4o.jpg

wrnr.jpg

fykm.jpg

xhva.jpg

It was a true struggle to get the black tile texture to match up along all sides of those windows. Bobcat clearly did not intend for those panels to be textured in that way. Also it took a long time to get a subtle darker border around window glass edges because the texture area is not really defined, so it was a trial and error approach until it looked right.

Optional white tile dock port also created (shown on page 1)

Oh and the back sides of the solar panel are textured from a photo of a real ATV in orbit taken from ISS

6knx.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

From page 2:

Alright, I guess I was asking to try and figure out how compact this pack would be (I really don't like part bloat or performance loss), and it seems that you're making every effort to keep it compact.

I will definitely be checking this out if and when there's an official release

Edited by jfull

Also, which parts would be coming from B9?

I've seen the RCS ports and the small lights, anything else?

B9 has lots of useful and great looking small parts like that, but has much much more spaceplane stuff than is necessary for someone who primarily uses rockets

Edited by jfull

Also, which parts would be coming from B9?

I've seen the RCS ports and the small lights, anything else?

B9 has lots of useful and great looking small parts like that, but has much much more spaceplane stuff than is necessary for someone who primarily uses rockets

Everything you said there is correct. Also arent those B9 lights magnificent on the Orion SM? That might be my favourite combo.

A question: what are those "big" living modules, seen on the spacecraft and on the landers? Are they FusTek rescales or custom parts? Can you post some .cfg tweaks to obtain them, if they are not custom parts?

Definately FusTek modules with Nothke skin pack textures trimmed around and fitted to purpose. But unless you were already working in .75 scale I dont think my rescale values would help you much without all the pieces that I have sized to go with them. Higher number is bigger = P

Edited by YANFRET

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.