Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

You're bordering on being mean now...

Looks great though!

I know. Well I did promise a release today but there are a few specific reasons that I want a few more days, it's not an open ended tease at this point there are a small number of known action items which need attending to and then it will be ready. I'm quite proud of it actually.

I know. Well I did promise a release today but there are a few specific reasons that I want a few more days, it's not an open ended tease at this point there are a small number of known action items which need attending to and then it will be ready. I'm quite proud of it actually.

Take your time! We have been waiting this long and a few more days aren't going to kill us. I know I for one have been on you for a few months now about an update but as long as I know its coming soon I am happy. Its those times when you show us something and use the trademarked Soon instead of actually soon. At least we know now that its actually soon. So take your time and make it as good as we know it can be.

Take your time! We have been waiting this long and a few more days aren't going to kill us. I know I for one have been on you for a few months now about an update but as long as I know its coming soon I am happy. Its those times when you show us something and use the trademarked Soon instead of actually soon. At least we know now that its actually soon. So take your time and make it as good as we know it can be.

:D

What you will get this week will be a full Beta 1 release focused on flight testing deep space and Duna exploration products, it's a giant leap forward from the last alpha. I think the craft file count is up to 20 with bonus subassemblies, and nearly every part, texture and flight system have been substantially improved from nose cone to nozzle.

:D

Yes, however it's not an upper stage, it's a lander assembly and a first stage (return to orbit)

Here at Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, we put the Multi in MPCV

Kinda the MAV that was planned for the constellation program? Speaking of the constellation program, is it possible, not necessarily for this pack but in general to make fairings DRE compatible. I mean it would be really cool to use the fairings like in the constellation program as heat shields instead of inflatables.

Edited by sp1989

Kinda the MAV that was planned for the constellation program? Speaking of the constellation program, is it possible, not necessarily for this pack but in general to make fairings DRE compatible. I mean it would be really cool to use the fairings like in the constellation program as heat shields instead of inflatables.

Yeah actually I've always intended for the fairings to enter the atmosphere atop the inflatable to protect fragile payloads. The main reason for the large inflatable is to create drag in the thin Duna air... which is a weak point of the constellation style entry.

SLS Block I

New configuration

Fanias.jpg

1dquvt.jpg

Dafn8r.jpg

soJ0N0.jpg

SGmHja.jpg

Lots of changes all around. I found out today that NASA has dropped the angled upper stage fairings and now they are straight up and down.

VERY special thanks to LandeTLS and Blackheart612 for helping in so many ways. It has really been a collaborative effort and I'm very excited about getting the Beta 1 release out to you guys later this week.

Edited by YANFRET

Sir, I just want to point out the node placement of the ICPS engine is slightly off and you can see the fuel line going nowhere (you can edit the configs to fit)

Yeah he's right, the engine is a little to far down so the connection looks funny and the fuel pipe clips through the bottom tank and ends in one of the RCS containers

You are free to modify my models as you please for your pack only as long as Aerojet's name is credited so do whatever you want. :D

You have been very helpful and I'm looking forward to adding the Aerojet Kerbodyne logo to our materials :D

I wonder if you might consider adding red gass bottles to it after all... I think that would be a sweet signature feature of your product Line

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.