Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

I don't think you answered his question, he said 2 things and asked which one of them it was.

In response to Driftwood, this is a collection of parts from various mods that have been tweaked and retextured to fit together from a gameplay and visual standpoint. They will be released in one pack if permission can be obtained from the various mod creators.

I would add that the parts are altered for the purpose of being arranged into a set of space systems that have been very carefully designed to work excellently.

It puts 60 tons on the surface of "Mars" like a baseball bat conquers a pinata ...assuming one follows ones checklists... and then transports your Kerbals there and back in fine condition using the framework of real proposals to get the job done. The craft files you would get with this took months to sort out all the details so that you can count on them for a flawless mission every time.

The goal is to have no structural flex, no wobbling about under SAS, no uncontroled moments, mostly no unexplained craft behavior. *

The SLS style booster is so structurally sound and balanced that you dont really need SAS to get it into orbit, just a few W-A-S-D here and there to follow the flight path and it will get you there without any drama. It would have to be considering it's size and the 130-150 mt payloads that it neatly places into LEO or TMI transfer vector.

If released I would include a well written guide to operational procedures that I've established for proper function.

What you dont see in the pictures are all the CFG tweaks to thrust, weight, strength and control forces that make the things in the pictures happen like a well oiled machine. My goal would be that the first comment from a future tester is "it all works really well and we got every lander Mars on the first try - after reading the manual twice of course"

* warranty void if checklists are not adhered to

Edited by YANFRET

My goal would be that the first comment from a future tester is "it all works really well and we got every lander Mars on the first try - after reading the manual twice of course"

Just saying, I would love to be one those testers, if you ever need anyone. Because, man, these parts are amazing.:sticktongue:

Edited by likke_A_boss

Just saying, I would love to be one those testers, if you ever need anyone. Because, man, these parts are amazing.

One of the most fun moments is when the rover lander blasts it's heat shield and payload fairings off and then separates from the descent booster with SAS ON and then uses its little KOSMOS motors and tiny mono tank to gently land on its wheels. That's quality entertainment in my book.

Can somebody remind me later to include in the manual that the little habitats on wheels MUST have their three mono tanks pointed at the sky when their descent boosters fire, post fairing sep in mars atmosphere because otherwise lithobraking is guaranteed. They only become balanced after some of the mono gets burned off so that when the tanks are almost empty they are easily upright and on the wheels for touchdown.

Edited by YANFRET

-snip-

My goal would be that the first comment from a future tester is "it all works really well and we got every lander Mars on the first try - after reading the manual twice of course"

-snip-

Oh, of course, any Astronaut... I mean Kerbonaut, ahem, should ALWAYS RTFM. :D

I too would like to volunteer to be a tester, but in the interest of disclosure, I should mention that I only play in sandbox mode, and I usually prefer to use the 'Infinite Fuel' cheat, because I prefer a more 'sci-fi' design scheme. But I do sometimes like to fly more 'realistic' missions just for fun, so this would be ideal (read: awesome!) for that. :) Plus, all of a sudden I'm having problems with the Orion parts from the American Pack, but it seems that you have it working perfectly, and the revised textures on everything look fantastic. Anyway, yeah, you have another volunteer. :)

Your list of mods says that you are using the planetes corporation heatshields, but the link brings met to a version updated to only .19. Is it still compatible, or did you update the pack? Oh, and also... These are to good to be fully comprehended. Best of luck on this pack, and I hope you finish soon.

Oh, of course, any Astronaut... I mean Kerbonaut, ahem, should ALWAYS RTFM. :D

I too would like to volunteer to be a tester, but in the interest of disclosure, I should mention that I only play in sandbox mode, and I usually prefer to use the 'Infinite Fuel' cheat, because I prefer a more 'sci-fi' design scheme. But I do sometimes like to fly more 'realistic' missions just for fun, so this would be ideal (read: awesome!) for that. :) Plus, all of a sudden I'm having problems with the Orion parts from the American Pack, but it seems that you have it working perfectly, and the revised textures on everything look fantastic. Anyway, yeah, you have another volunteer. :)

I would like to volunteer! I haven't been a tester for many mods on KSP, but back in my Minecraft days, I helped on Dokucraft, and the Clay Soldiers mod. So, ja. Sign me up :D
I'd love to be a tester on this!
I would like to volunteer for testing if possible :) trying to get myself out into the KSP community a bit more so i think this is a good start.

Oh no, what did I start?:):):D:D:wink:

Your list of mods says that you are using the planetes corporation heatshields, but the link brings met to a version updated to only .19. Is it still compatible, or did you update the pack? Oh, and also... These are to good to be fully comprehended. Best of luck on this pack, and I hope you finish soon.

Hmmm okay let's see here...

It says on the tin "Tropical Assortment"; and there's a faded sticker that reads "Manager's Special". That's all I can tell you. What kind do you have?

qu2o.jpg

1dse.jpg

du6b.jpg

tl7f.jpg

g8o4.jpg

5sqm.jpg

b960.jpg

muyv.jpg

uirl.jpg

Engine effects are temporarily missing before you ask.

The next items on the todo list are some rather ambitious retexturing of the large upper stage tanks and the base of the cargo launcher ( Bobcat's 1st stage and 5 segment SRB units ) using a set of high resolution renderings as a guide.

Edited by YANFRET

I could test, since apparently everyone is volounteering.

-Worked for Bobcat

-Has fun

That's my application :P

All applications which include the tongue sticking out kerbal will be rubber stamped by Chaka.

Edited by YANFRET

Status Update

Today Bobcat gave permission to use his parts for this pack as it's own release, with credit and continuity of license. Bobcat's American Pack is a major contribution to these systems making his approval a signifigant milestone.

Onwards!

Edited by YANFRET

Status Update

Onwards!

Great news! I just came across this today as I have been basically hacking apart the American pack and others for the past week to try and make something along these lines for personal use, how ever its been frustratingly nonfunctional so far. This looks incredible and I hope to a see a near future release. Aside from Bobcat, who else is needed to get onboard?

PS - Orion textures plz, they are amazing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.