Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

None of the ones based on your excellent models, actually. I meant the habitat module attached to the rover chassis with 6 wheels and two docking ports

I admit, that thing is a bit dodgey. We may need to reduce it's center of mass. That said, as always, Chaka wheeled vehicles mus have all torque and SAS disabled before driving.

EDIT:

Oh by the way guys I'm almost done sorting out the FAR issues. The problem is simple, in the absence of FAR I've been inducing drag on the rockets by adding lots of mass, power, and engine efficiency. When you throw FAR into the equation, a lot of that stock drag goes away and the rockets shoot up like foam floaties from the bottom of a pool. So we just needed to find a compromise between engine power and mass that works with and without FAR... and that's been pretty simple so far. The EMLV II for example (with all those GEM solids) now has staging so that only four light at T-0 and the main engines are -20% power.

The Orion assembly got it's six interior struts back and it's nice and solid now under the FAR areo loads. Let me work out the what ifs and then we'l do an update along with the other changes.

ENqYBt.jpg

E2KQnj.jpg

msVAhI.jpg

3Dx7Dg.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

These parts look great !

Is it currently compatible with RSS? I downloaded it and added it to an RSS install, but it got stuck several times on the loading screen, displaying one of the "Part - Copy" files. Same problem when I deleted that file.

These parts look great !

Is it currently compatible with RSS? I downloaded it and added it to an RSS install, but it got stuck several times on the loading screen, displaying one of the "Part - Copy" files. Same problem when I deleted that file.

Right now we're working on making it function with FAR and DRE, which involves MM scripts for all the engines and that's in process. After that we are converting all the textures to MBM because it will save memory in game at the expense of size on disk and avoid the squad TGA glitch. After that we can start RSS testing but we have not done so at all yet, so you would be a pioneer! Isn't that exciting? And Mecripp is right those are the four plugin dependencies. In the next version they will be in a plugins folder to make that obvious, apologies for not having done that already.

EDIT: kspapiextensions.dll is not going to be included anymore, it should not have been included in the first place.

Edited by YANFRET

Isn't it required for ProceduralFairings.dll?

I thought that as well but I removed it and nothing happened. Now that you mention it I'l double check that it's not hiding somewhere else in game data but I don't think so

Is there any where I can get version 0.12 by any chance?

Probably not? It wouldn't work with ksp .25 anyway, but may I ask the reason for the request?

After that we are converting all the textures to MBM because it will save memory in game at the expense of size on disk and avoid the squad TGA glitch.

You're a saint - will be watching this thread and will be happy to help test RSS compatibility when more gets done. :)

I'm trying to copy this install https://github.com/Felbourn/Odyssey/blob/master/GameData/Odyssey/installing.txt but this pack is missing GameData\CMES\Propulsion\KOSMOS-CHAKA-ORION-ENGINE and GameData\CMES\Structural\KW-CHAKA-DecouplerShroud\375 DCSS.cfg. But thank you anyway I figured there wasn't much chance.

I'm certain if you ask Felbourn he can point you to the appropriate replacements.

yeah I kow but everything is named differently in the folders I already tried and failed very badly(I only got the capsule) so I was wondering if anyone had already done this, ill probably just end up doing it tonight

What if i make a version that contains only the Orion assembly and its EMLV II booster

Let me say one thing; this download is between Chaka versions. It's FAR and DRE compatable, but it has not been converted to MBM yet which is the next step for .27 ... so please work with me here and agree that you understand this conflicts both with the existing version of the full pack and also the upcomming release. As long as we agree on that, then here it is. Also lets keep the download link here with that disclosure.

Chaka Orion Lite: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exk2induostum0u/CMES%20ORION%20LITE.zip?dl=0

EDIT:

Also, I have a message from Chaka. He's been working on his own rocket all by himself and he wants you guys to check it out:

239ySo.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

Yanfret have you seen http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100984-0-25-NEBULA-space-engineering-Decals! so you can really graffiti them up hehe.

Hmmm... Nah pass on that, but I do like another product by that author very very much.

Hey guys I've just finished with new engine power and efficiency configs for all first and second stage systems in the entire pack designed to work in FAR and non FAR installs. One additional goal was to enforce with MM scripts reduced efficiency when FAR is used so that the rockets put their upper stages in generally the same orbits with FAR or without FAR. That took some creative thinking, but we are pretty much there. I'm not going to release an update with all these changes because I want to press on and get everything moved over to MBM for you guys first.

If you'd like to do some FAR testing of this interim revision let me know.

7K5DEv.jpg

â–² FAR and feelin fine

EDIT:

Skylab II Update

• New fairing and structural braces

• Added extra habitat section for docking compatibility with Station Core product

• FAR tested

7xYkVP.jpg

cFWKnH.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

You tweakscaling it all ?

EDIT- If, I was going to try something like that, Would try and found what MODULE to tie to a group, Like lets say solarpanels there just about all surface attached so you could try

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel],!MODULE[TweakScale]]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = surface
}
}

untested but should work.

Edited by Mecripp2

You tweakscaling it all ?

EDIT- If, I was going to try something like that, Would try and found what MODULE to tie to a group, Like lets say solarpanels there just about all surface attached so you could try

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel],!MODULE[TweakScale]]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = surface
}
}

untested but should work.

That is pretty close to what I was using but I needed to put it in each of the part's cfg for it to work. Will this work for rockets as well? {I was tweaking the tanks and now the engines} It's hard to track down the exact parts your trying to adjust. I don't understand why the authors don't use the description box for you know, descriptionsof the parts.:P All of the other authors do it also. But hey when you make a mod this good I think we can let it pass.:sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.