Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

Yeah documentation and descriptions have been a casualty of beta development, for sure that will all get polished up in the future. As far as tweakscale, that makes my head hurt. Some of the parts fit with very tiny tolerances. But, if you're having fun... :P

Yeah documentation and descriptions have been a casualty of beta development, for sure that will all get polished up in the future. As far as tweakscale, that makes my head hurt. Some of the parts fit with very tiny tolerances. But, if you're having fun... :P

Hey no worries you have by far the best looking part mod out right now, IMO. I was actually tweaking stuff because I was having trouble getting my stage farings to fit when i added something extra to my craft beacause that would then make it too tall for the farings provided. I was trying to get my procedural farings mod to work but for some reason it wouldn't resize the faring. I checked the forums and found that if one of my other mods is outdated or doesn't have their KSPAPI.ext up to date it will cause the sizing problem. Well it took me all afternoon yesterday searching (65+ mods, I'm running linux 64) but I found out what mod is causing it through process of elimination and tracked it down to CMES. I checked and I have the current version and honestly I don't know enough about KSPAPI to know if it's up to date or not so I was wondering if you knew anything about this or what your thoughts were on it. Thanks for your time, Brian.

Edit: Just read a couple pages back and saw your conversation about the plugin dependencies and being able to delete the KSPAPI file. It might also be the procedural farings dll fighting with the existing one. Ill try and report back.

Edit2: It was the 2nd procedural faring dll. I deleted it and we are good to go now! Thanks for your help. well I guess you didn't have to do anything but thanks for a great mod!!!!

Edited by brian6712

YANFRET, can you release us an realistic textures package? With all due respect sir I don't like the "Chaka Monkey etc etc" around my craft.

Sorry if this insults you.

Cheers, flamerboy67664

Here's the thing; All Chaka Monkey textures are released under CC share alike attribution 4.0. So, if you are looking for a non-monkey experience, any user is welcome to download the pack and take from it what they like, even remix or redistribute the textures as needed with attribution.

Enjoy!

Edited by YANFRET

Hi, got a small problem...game hangs when loading...it stops at.."CMES/Propulsion/rs68b/part-Copy/xbahars68bxb".

any help please

thank you

sam

Another user asked the same question just now, my first suggestion was to try re downloading the pack and replacing the RS68 part folder ( or the entire CMES folder if that's easier )

For some reason we have had 25,776 downloads in the last two days from kerbalstuff alone so the idea that a few downloads got corrupted sounds fairly reasonable.

EDIT: was that copy downloaded from kerbalstuff or dropbox?

Edited by YANFRET

RS-68 Update:

Thanks to alien123 we now know that the engine is not compatible with REAL FUELS. I'm not surprised by that, but we will do some more testing and try to iron that out for the next update, which will be soon

EDIT: ^ Whoa first post time machine!

Edited by YANFRET

8MwtVl.jpg

tY3Qfy.jpg

2f9g3i.jpg

BETA 0.27 EFT-1 Edition

Download from Kerbalstuff:

â–º https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/315/Chaka%20Monkey%20Exploration%20Odyssey â—„

Download from Dropbox:

â–º https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed10uit4tdn5z65/CMES%20-%2027.zip?dl=0 â—„

Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, GmbH is a space program based on NASA and Boeing future proposals using heavily modified parts from a wide variety of content authors as well as new original parts, aligned to look and work together for one purpose: realistic simulation of space exploration. This project is modeled at 75% real scale.

Changelog:

Updated to 0.27 EFT-1 Edition

[B]-Re engineered all craft files, engines, and lower stage fuel tanks to have less power and mass while maintaining similar erformance
-Added MM scripts for FAR / DRE compatibility [/B]
-Added Exploration Habitat
-Added Spacecraft Adapter
-Added Laztek EMLV nose cone product
-Re made all EMLV systems and textures
-Optimized various configs
-Fixed RS-68 Real Fuels issue (maybe)
-More new textures
-Revised Skylab II product
-Removed MLS 3.75m payload craft (FAR issue)
-Added 2 GEM SRB units to MLS MTV craft
-Re organized plugins to their own folder and added license links
-Removed un needed texture files
-Moved TALUS and SL_CM products to Propulsion and Structural folders
-Changed Chaka CBC core to mbm texture format
-Changed Rover Support Lander craft to have lower center of gravity when landed and raised dock port locations to match rover

Updated to 0.26.1

-Remade strut connector part cfg so that[B] entire pack is now compatible with ATM[/B]
-Removed un needed modules from docking ports.
- Verified compatibility with the following products:

Active Texture Management
Animated Decouplers
Baha Constellation parts
Bio Domes parts
CactEye Orbital Telescope
Chatterer
Environmental Visual Enhancements
Habitatpack + Firespitter Plugin
JSI RPM
Kerbal Attachment System
KW Rocketry
Infernal Robotics
NavyFish's Docking Port Align. Indicator
Planetshine
Realchute
Trajectories
Tweakscale

-Special thanks to [B]pw4x3r [/B]for testing all those mods with this pack to verify

Updated to 0.26.0
-Moved infamous strut connector texture to TGA to see if it becomes friendly with Active Texture Management for you
-Increased height of Orion stage adapter ring by 30% to match official specs
-Fixed RS-68 gimbal dependency (stock gimbal @ 1.0 now)
-Fixed surplus mass of Station Core craft(s)
-Added MLS/SLS to 3.75 craft ( Orion, Station core, Station Attach )
-Added new RCS part with 10 power for Monkey Transfer Vehicle docking ease of use

Updated to 0.25.9 IFD Edition
-Fixed ASET / JSI finger jam
-Remade all craft files
-Remade all subassemblies
-Removed BS IVA calls causing craft failurs
-Fixed heatshield assent name and craft files
-Changed fairing texture to PNG
-Added missing Orion Decoupler texture
-Fixed all JSI / RPM issues (It's fixed, ******)
-Added "Launch Rings" to all craft files, to prevent vehicles from exploding if KJR is not present
-Removed KJR from zip file (STILL RECOMMENDED FOR GENERAL MONKEY SAFETY!)

Updated to 0.25.8
-Fixed heatshield asset name and craft files
-Added KJR to zip to prevent launch explosions when not useing KJR due to new destructable launchpad

Updated to 0.25.7
-Changed Porkjet internal asset names to have an "x" at the beginning
-Adjusted affected habitat moduls to look for "x..." internal -Created MM scripts directing JSI to the Chaka Porkjet folder

Updated to 0.25.6
-Removed MechJeb casing from Support Lander craft file
-Removed duplicate OMS engine asset
-Increased RS68 node attach to 3

Updated to 0.25.5
[B]-Fixed right click issue on habitats and pods (caused by science module order)
-Fixed asset name issue of Aerojet Kerbodyne OMS engine
-Recreated affected craft files (this part breaks saves)
-Increased power and capacity of Orion LES
-Moved Orion LES function into the staging order before fairing sep[/B]

Updated to 0.25.2
-Fixed Cargo Bag prop path to fix craft loading issue
-Removed Porkjet plugin to fix craft loading issue

Updated to 0.25
-Fixed node placement for .25 on numerous parts
-Added career mode support
-Added science support
-Added TAC life support .... support
-Reintroduced porkjet IVA's
-100+ new textures
-50+ part cfg adjustments
-10+ Revised craft files
-Removed any parts not needed by new craft
-Added NOS Altair and Lander
-Added Monkey HTV and node habitat
-Added Monkey static solar
-Added KW inline SRB (modified)
-Added Aerojet Kerbodyne Orion thrusters
-Many more changes to be listed later

Updated to 0.12
-Removed all PorkWorks IVA content to avoid conflict with JSI (look forward to adding those back in the future)
-Changed all Pods and Habitat internals to ALCOR MONKEY IVA
-Updated some EEMLV Station craft files
-Added EEMLV - Station Core Truss and Station Science craft files
-Enlarged fairing on Munar 2x craft to prevent failure
-Fixed SLS Block 1 staging issue

Updated to 0.11
-Added missing ALCOR emissive texture which caused capsule to turn white if interior flood lights were turned on.
-Added instructional message to main page insisting on latest JSI release.

Updated to 0.1:
-Initial BETA release

G21mxV.jpg

• DELETE ALL PREVIOUS VERSION FILES!

• KSP 0.25 REQUIRED!

• Recommend installing this pack into a clean KSP install for the first time.

• If you are using JSI, please make sure you have the most current version

• This pack should now be compatible with FAR / DRE

• Procedural Fairings DLL is included (required) in this download. Please be aware of potential conflicts if you have an older version already.

Notes:

Copy CMES to gamedata.

Optional ALCOR props folder included for rover IVA

Copy VAB folder to Ships

Copy Subassemblies to your save (optional)

Important:

CAREER MODE AND SANDBOX MODE NOW FULLY SUPPORTED

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is highly recommended.

General Instructions:

All Chaka Monkey flight vehicles are optimized for the following flight path:

lOJ8wn.jpg

You don't have to use autopilot, but you can if you like. Feel free to experiment with other flight paths.

Before attempting to drive Alcor Monkey Rover, disable torque on rover base and ASET pod!!

* Warranty void if operation by non-monkey technician is attempted.

* Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, GmbH is licensed by the original authors noted below to distribute this content.

* These parts should not interfere with content you may already have from these authors with one exception; the procedural fairings DLL is included in this -- so you need to be extra aware if you have another copy of that around somewhere and deal with that. I expect you may use whichever version of the DLL you prefer or the one included here, however please do not use this download as a reference for the most current version of the procedural fairings DLL.

Downloadable items on this page contain modified content made available under the conditions of original license from:

Winston & Kickasskyle - KW Rocketry

Alexustas - A.L.C.O.R. Pod

Bobcat, Ind. American Pack

Tiberion - NovaPunch

Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

Lionhead Aerospace

Sumghai - SDHI Service Module System

Alexey Volynskov (Keramzit Procedural Fairings)

BahamutoD - RS-68 Engine

Sumghai / Fustek / Nothke - Habitats

LandeTLS - SLS Block I fairings

TALISAR - Talisar Large Upper Stage

Porkjet - Habitat IVAs

Blackheart612 - Aerojet Kerbodyne

Kommitz - Chaka Nuclear Thermal Engines

Nertea - Octo-Girder Argon Segment

Iannic-ann-od / Athlonic - Chatterer plugin

NoOneSpecial - NOS Altair pod and lander

Chaka the Monkey would like to extend a special thank you to these developers. They worked very hard to make these parts and we have organized them for Monkey Exploration because they are excellent.

LICENSE

All media items available for download on this forum thread are copyrighted by their respective original authors and released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License. You can read the full terms of the license on the Creative Commons webpage here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

I7QN0Z.jpg

yqYi48.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

So I don't know what is causing my KSP to crash and considering I have no idea how to read KSP crash logs, I'm just going to post this here. I didn't know what you all needed from the crash report so I just zipped the whole crash folder. If anyone could help that'd be awesome :) Or if I'm doing this bug reporting completely wrong let me know as well :P

So I don't know what is causing my KSP to crash and considering I have no idea how to read KSP crash logs, I'm just going to post this here. I didn't know what you all needed from the crash report so I just zipped the whole crash folder. If anyone could help that'd be awesome :) Or if I'm doing this bug reporting completely wrong let me know as well :P

Not sure but looks like you might have hit the memory limit

36% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [414 MB free].

EDIT- No Problem now you can put more kerbals in space :)

Edited by Mecripp2

Not sure but looks like you might have hit the memory limit
36% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [414 MB free].

Hmmm, it was only at 3.1MB but it never bothered me on my other saves. I'll try adding ATM to see if that helps.

Edit: Well that was it... Odd, thank you though :P

Edited by Nhawks17

It was pretty great to watch. Im not surprised you were too!
It was magnificent to watch what I've already simulated a thousand times on KSP :P.

Thanks for the excellent pack! Que viva Colombia :D

:D :D

My favorite part was the animation they used which looked like a Nintendo version of KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.