Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

Hello

I have a question.

Is there a way for me to use only the textures of this mod for the orion capsule from bobcats american pack?

Or just to get the Orion pod from this mod?

I know this pack is designed to be used as a whole but I'm already pushing ksp to the RAM limit and spent alot of time making sure all the mods and all the parts are necessary.

Anyway thanks in advance for any kind of help.:)

P.s.:The Dropbox links on page 11 don't work atleast for me.

Hello

I have a question.

Is there a way for me to use only the textures of this mod for the orion capsule from bobcats american pack?

I know this pack is designed to be used as a whole but I'm already pushing ksp to the RAM limit and spent alot of time making sure all the mods and all the parts are necessary.

You could it would take just alittle rewrite of the Part cfg but one could do it and what INTERNAL did you want to use and size ? And if YANFRET don't mind, I rewrite the part file to work but it will be later today got something to do.

That would be extremely nice of you and I don't mind waiting.

Regarding the internals: I use Raster Prop monitor and I'm fairly happy with the internals of the default Orion Capsule. It's more about the outside textures.

Anyway if you could do that that would be awesome.:)

It's ironic that our two MBM test case textures are causing you an issue. They are part of our experiment to get away from TGA and PNG. As for the file size, MBM might be huge on the disk but actually uses the least memory in game and has the fastest load time. That plus the squad caused TGA loading bug is why we are experimenting with MBM conversion in the first place. I wonder if a special settings config for ATM is the answer.

Re Atlas V: No. However with KW rocketry and a few lionhead aerospace products, you can Lego your way to a convincing and high quality MSL mission.

If I were going to add antother launch system to Chaka, it would be the Jaxa H-IIB

It would be sweet if some one would do the Osimov and Kepler MLVs for the Constelation mission also, but I know what kind of project that would be so it looks like I'm going to have to be creative for now. :D

Hello

I have a question.

Here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64993-0-25-Chaka-Monkey-Exploration-Odyssey-0-27-EFT-1-Edition?p=1556696&viewfull=1#post1556696

Maybe you should at this to the OP, YANFRET?

Actually I need to make an updated version of that and then I will. Thank you for helping him with that.

Edited by YANFRET

Are there any mods that would allow mechjeb's dV readout to see the monopropellent engines?

I don't know but it would be really sweet if it happened without needing another mod.

Exploration Habitat Update

• Introducing: Kartoffelkuchen, GmbH Delta K Upper Stage!

• Launch to 3000km orbit and dock with SLS Block I Orion for maximum exploration opportunity

• Reduced habitat volume and mass to make it more manageable with Orion

A4z83S.jpg

TAmleL.jpg

bdBxsz.jpg

iB7Ent.jpg

EVyZsM.jpg

Is there any chance of us getting an asteroid retrieval mission in Chaka style? I'm wanting to use your mod to recreate some of NASAs to-do list, and since you're matching some of their mission profiles, I was wondering if that's on your list as well.

Yes. Working on something super for asteroid / Minmus exploration presently. Got a few fundamental questions to resolve before we show it.

In fact the recently added "exploration habitat" program is a step in that direction

Have these parts been rebalanced to in-game specifications? These are seriously the best mod parts in the game, but they lack balance outside of the Chaka Monkey ecosystem.

Hey thanks! If you start with the highest quality ingredients...

No / true. It is bespoke and not "exobalanced".

PS: I really like the phrase "Chaka monkey ecosystem"

Edited by YANFRET

I'm seeing some odd lighting issues with the parts and Orion capsule can bring my framerate to a crawl. Anyone else seeing that? Anything I can do about it?

I'm really loving this mod, btw, about to land my first crew on Duna because of this. :D

I'm seeing some odd lighting issues with the parts and Orion capsule can bring my framerate to a crawl. Anyone else seeing that? Anything I can do about it?

I'm really loving this mod, btw, about to land my first crew on Duna because of this. :D

Check the error log and see if there are any errors during the time of frame rate drop.

Also please review what other mod products are installed.

i test flew the EMLV III-Orion (EFT-1 replica). axes in vab were flipped, had to use w instead of d to go east. rocket wobbled around and i eventually ended the flight because of wobble. standard launch profile (45 degrees at 10 km).

By the way, after conducting a detailed investigation we did find a vibration issue with the EMLV III vehicle. The node size of the engine mount part at the bottom of each CBC was not set correctly. Increasing this node to 3 top and bottom totally removed the vibration. This may give you additional flexibility when experimenting with unusual flight paths and manual control.

The next update will include the fix however for now you can download the fixed part here, no changes to craft files needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rv29or8belua1e6/MERGE%20WITH%20CMES.zip?dl=0

Edited by YANFRET

Coming soon...

SLS - Minmus Express

• Launch SLS Block II and EMLV III Orion or SLS Block I Orion into LKO and dock

• Robust exploration platform enabling multiple landing sites on Minmus including polar locations

• Exploration Habitat included ( Unlike Orion, has toilet, leave your zip lock bags at home)

• Altair lander used for circularization burn

• Orion Upper Stage used for return

• Reusable Exploration Habitat remains in LKO with NOS Altair Explorer and surplus propellant

• Looks awesome

WVPqEv.jpg

zIIn4h.jpg

WEDLOA.jpg

uIPTP4.jpg

UDhQTJ.jpg

cwB4lW.jpg

POFEsY.jpg

uBvTff.jpg

lLzdtC.jpg

HNUKdo.jpg

wpmCCU.jpg

lp3mIS.jpg

E10xKx.jpg

QLcIlb.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

I modified the Orion MPCV to work in RO, and flight tested it. Checks out (mostly - some small tweaks and it's good).

Also, Altair lander is reporting good thrust and Delta-vee's, and full masses are all accurate to the kg.

So if Chaka's okay with it I might could make this available so RO players can access this, soon.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm also really happy/proud of my Ares I :P

I modified the Orion MPCV to work in RO, and flight tested it. Checks out (mostly - some small tweaks and it's good).

Also, Altair lander is reporting good thrust and Delta-vee's, and full masses are all accurate to the kg.

So if Chaka's okay with it I might could make this available so RO players can access this, soon.

http://imgur.com/a/932fi

I'm also really happy/proud of my Ares I :P

Looks great! You did a fine job.

Were actually working on the RO version behind the scenes, let's pool our efforts to get it done quicker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.