Any information about next update?

kajmaj

Hi,

is there any official info about 0.24? It's been a while since 0.23 and I cannot see any announcements about the next version - be it wiki or daily kerbal or dev blogs. Also cannot see discussion in the forums. Anyone knows anything - I mean what's coming in the next version?

(I'm not asking about the release date, so please don't be angry :sticktongue:)

Well, Squad keeps its developments under wraps (as far as any next version is concerned). So get ready for a surprise! Personally, the 23 was very good, so I am just going to sit and wait.

That said, the best moment for me (as of this game) was when I just left for half a year and came back to learn that 23 was out.

Good things come to those who wait : )

Yea, I'll wait as we all do. Just wanted to know if I maybe missed something and I'm really anxious to know what are the devs planning. I'm not trying to rush anything or complain.

Relax. End of story.

Thanks.

It's been Christmas and the New Year. Squad have been on holidays just like everyone else. Nobody knows what's going to happen for 0.24 just yet, though hopefully we'll get a Tuesday Devlog soon enough.

To be honest; I do understand the question. Sometimes Squad doesn't really know how to communicate the right way/forget that they have a huge community. Pretty sure they indeed had a little Christmas/New Year time-off like anybody else. They deserve it. No question about it. But if you do take some time-off, or close a business or something like that, people should know. So, don't feel bad for asking. This could been avoided..

Edited by JSD

I think the question was more about why the devs haven't done their devnote Tuesdays in KSP Daily, which is a legitimate question. The whole reason they established it was to build a stronger relationship with the community, so I can understand taking a break over the holidays but I must also admit I'm a little surprised it hasn't come back yet. That said they are probably still planning the broad strokes of the next update. News is coming at some point so be patient! :)

The new Devnote's are here! Take a look at it: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65242-Devnote-Tuesdays-The-Happy-New-Year-Edition?p=895272#post895272

Until now, no information of what's coming up with 0.24.

But they really deserved a break! They did a great job last year!

I stand corrected. Indeed they did deserve a good break. I imagine next Tuesday will be our first real info about 0.24.

With a little common sense, this could have been avoided.

I agree with blizzy78 and JSD. I would just appreciate some more information about the development - and of course I wouldn't mind if it were "We are all taking a Christmas break for 3 weeks". I really wouldn't as I was myself on leave for about two weeks at the time.

I asked this question because I thought it was always like a week or two when we got some info about plans for next update. I don't follow every possible news channel so that's why asked here.

Also it seems that some people are almost offended by this question, which I don't undestand. I don't demand anything from the Squad, I know they are doing good job, I don't mind their pace and I like their "it's out when it's ready" approach.

Thanks for all your answers.

I agree with blizzy78 and JSD. I would just appreciate some more information about the development - and of course I wouldn't mind if it were "We are all taking a Christmas break for 3 weeks". I really wouldn't as I was myself on leave for about two weeks at the time.

I asked this question because I thought it was always like a week or two when we got some info about plans for next update. I don't follow every possible news channel so that's why asked here.

Also it seems that some people are almost offended by this question, which I don't undestand. I don't demand anything from the Squad, I know they are doing good job, I don't mind their pace and I like their "it's out when it's ready" approach.

Thanks for all your answers.

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/

There is no info. The relevant portion of the above link...

(HarvesteR): Getting back into it after a very welcome holiday break. Got around yesterday and today to doing a couple of tweaks on some areas of the game that I’ve been wanting to have a look at for a while (more on that later), to build up some dev momentum again. We’re just starting the planning stage for the next update right now, so there isn’t much else to share just yet, but I’m very much looking forward to starting work on the next big things we have lined up.

Translation: We just got back from vacation Yesterday and will be having meetings to figure out what we'll be doing for .24

They don't know themselves yet what they'll be doing. This isn't a large gaming studio with a detailed master plan for every update up to release. I doubt they even have the updates listed with a theme... I'd hazard to guess they have "All updates will be about career mode until career mode Scope Complete" and that's it. The meetings this week will be what determines what features they will begin work on.

Again this is all just my conjecture based on my understanding of business and my own experience making programs.

There will not be any information on 0.24 for two weeks, as a minimum. The devcycles for the updates are about 3 months. Don't expect any tangible information about the update until about 2 months into that cycle.

I read the devnote this week and it tells almost nothing about 0.24. However, it is reasonable because everyone earn a holiday when they finish the year with hard work. Hope to see some new version info on next devnote.

Translation: We just got back from vacation Yesterday and will be having meetings to figure out what we'll be doing for .24

They don't know themselves yet what they'll be doing. This isn't a large gaming studio with a detailed master plan for every update up to release. I doubt they even have the updates listed with a theme... I'd hazard to guess they have "All updates will be about career mode until career mode Scope Complete" and that's it. The meetings this week will be what determines what features they will begin work on.

Again this is all just my conjecture based on my understanding of business and my own experience making programs.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with that. They put out a release, let it sit in the community for a while, and now they'll go through feedback and their own to-do list and prioritize for the next update. I'm just having fun in the meantime.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.