What's your big project this update?

Captain Sierra

Many of us do not keep saves over versions. Whether you do or do not, what major project will you be attempting in .23? Have you already though of a project for .24 or possibly beyond that?

My answer: Bases bases bases! More specifically, I'm going for atmospheric bases. I've been practicing my precision parachute landings and will be working intently both in the Joolian system and the Duna system colonizing. Duna will be the first point as a refueling center for my Joolian missions.

Gonna be a Mun and Minmus base within Career mode, been to the Mun a fair few times, same with Minmus. Got Kethane installed so I got a semi decent reason to go, as well as for Science! Gonna have to practice my landings though as I don't want to be too spread out. Normally I don't go past Kerbin's orbit, but the last patch made me send a probe to Eve, so maybe I will use my bases for tanking fuel up to them.

Kerbin. I'm exploring Kerbin. I'll probably also do a spaceplane to Laythe and a lander to Tylo because I've never done those things. I also have a mission or two in the works elsewhere, but I don't count them among the Big Things.

Last update it was Moho, the update before was discovering mods, and 0.20 was learning the game.

Same as every other one. Kerbin system exploration. Duna mission is waiting for recovery from Duna by another mission, which is also going to drop off a station.

Eve mission is awaiting a window and a lander, and a design for an ascent system. (The brief for that is 'aerospike spam'.)

Jool is awaiting designs for mun landers, a Laythe spaceplane, and estimation on just how much fuel I'm going to NEED. (Estimates are somewhere between 'a metric crapton' and 'holy crap')

Eeloo is awaiting a Jool fuel station and more fuel calculations.

Moho and Dres are simply awaiting missions being drawn up for them.

I'll wait for some news about the next update.If it's coming in short time,I'll do nothing. If it's not coming in 2 months...well...planting flags on every planet as on previous saves.And also base on eeloo

Solar Station Byzantium. A massive station that is in solar orbit. I've got Kethane/Extraplanetary Launchpads installed, so right now I'm just building the infrastructure to build it on the Mun. Possibly Minmus, but that would depend on whether or not there's a Goldilocks zone (ore and Kethane in the same place) there.

These 4 take most of my KSP time lately:

-Learning to build, fly, and land SSTO designs, which i totally neglected in previous versions. And it's going pretty well! I can get into orbit, dock, refuel, go places and come back, and LAND, which was unthinkable to me a couple months ago lol.

-Continue building IKSS Olympus, my eternally growing space station. Started as a fuel depot, and evolved in a utterly pointless monstrosity just for show. Currently 1770+ parts, housing 75+ kerbals. And still growing.

-Mission to the Joolian system to visit as many moons as possible, store experiments in the mothership's lab and return to Kerbin. The ship is almost built in orbit, with the landers attached, waiting for the last segment and the crew (and a cool ship name!)

-Design a capable Eve lander/ascender and do a return mission from that hellhole of a planet :P

These are good guys! Keep the projects coming! If we get enough we can get this stickied alongside "What did you do in KSP today?"

JiWint, Uptates typically come in 2-3 month cycles. .23 has been out for, IIRC, 3-4 weeks. You have at least a month, probably closer to 2 before anything changes.

3mon, what's the FPS like on a 1700+ part station?

Well currently it is develope a lander that can land and take off from Mün at any point that is also able to get all the science done in that spot. So far I have recently unlocked all the science tools and Working on getting Kerbin's science done before atempting to do a Mün then Minmus landings. This will be the same as the 0.24 build but wth the addition of trying to have a space station that can support 50 Kerbals around Minmus and Mün before expanding out to places like Duna and Lythe.

My goal is to get a large-scale SSTO into orbit with all the science parts. I've technically succeeded, but the design is badly unstable and has a razor-thin fuel margin (partly due to pilot error, I took a fairly inefficient path up). My current goal is to refine the design and get a better handle on the flight path so that I make orbit with a good amount of fuel in reserve, then maybe see about docking with some nuclear engines for interplanetary adventures.

I'm nearing the end of my preparation period for a grand tour mission. I just need to get another module out to Eve and then I'm all clear to launch the MSV Enterprise CST-051-A:

b8zLLQO.png

It's five year (more or less) mission, to explore not-so-strange, not-so-new worlds. To potentially seek out new life and probably no new civilisations. To boldly go where a bunch of Kerbals have already gone before.

There should be a number of firsts though, seeing as a grand tour calls for landings on every planet as well as returns from those planets. I haven't returned from Eve or Laythe, and I haven't even touched Tylo yet. Should be interesting.

Beyond that, I still have a Duna re-colonisation initiative to fulfil, plus I've got plans for a Pol colonisation mission.

I really wanna finish up my modular station design and put a few of them around different bodies. My fuel depot parts are good and I'm nearly done with the space hotel bits, but I need to work landers and propulsion. So far, I've gotten a large depot in LKO and a pair of smaller stations in orbit around the Mun and Minmus.

Yup, bases too. I'm messing around with modular bases right now, next to the KSC. I hope to build a kethane base on the moon, and maybe after that, an atmospheric base on Duna.

Modular bases you say? Temstar's thread on how he builds his got stickied. If you find yourself struggling, go give it a read. It's a brilliantly simple solution to an ever complex problem.

I want to build a cargo capable space shuttle which should be much easier now with tweakables and I want to land some kerbals on another body than Duna or the Jool moons, since those are the only ones I visited before.AND a station around Laythe, since I have a spaceplane stranded out there. poor guy doesn't have fuel to get back because the transfer stage broke in half leaving the kerbin system so he had to use internal fuel for the rest of the journey.

Im gonna start a research on shuttles, i need to change my actual standard use shuttle for cargo purposes, Because i must start a Communication system that will need too many ComSATs, And after that i will do some of the basics of a KSP save (Mun & Minmus Landing) and maybe a Duna orbital outpost so i can achieve my second landing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.