What's your big project this update?

Captain Sierra

I'm building a large space station in a 300 km orbit. Oh, did I mention that I'm using Real Solar System and it's 9.3 km/s of dV to orbit? And that the HitchHiker cans are 4m wide in this?

Hi9X4tW.png

The entire space station; 9 launches to put it together, and I'm planning more.

Zicjr3R.png

This is the hydrolox fuel depot. Since I'm using Real Fuels, this holds Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Oxygen for sending things out of Kerbin (Earth?) orbit. The white things are radiators to try and keep it cool so the hydrogen doesn't boil off.

Uhlsxdj.png

The RemoteTech relay tower, along with the TAC Life Support section and in the back left, a Habitation and Science Module.

nCSJmKA.png

One of two tugs I use to attach new modules. These were added after I couldn't dock the solar arrays to the station and instead decided to dock the station to the solar arrays. It was... interesting, but no quickloads necessary.

oCvYs3b.png

The original module, with a hypergolic fuel depot on the back.

Of course, the reasoning behind this was to see if I could do it. Next step: adding a habitation ring.

I'm building a large space station in a 300 km orbit. Oh, did I mention that I'm using Real Solar System and it's 9.3 km/s of dV to orbit? And that the HitchHiker cans are 4m wide in this?

http://i.imgur.com/Hi9X4tW.png

The entire space station; 9 launches to put it together, and I'm planning more.

http://i.imgur.com/Zicjr3R.png

This is the hydrolox fuel depot. Since I'm using Real Fuels, this holds Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Oxygen for sending things out of Kerbin (Earth?) orbit. The white things are radiators to try and keep it cool so the hydrogen doesn't boil off.

http://i.imgur.com/Uhlsxdj.png

The RemoteTech relay tower, along with the TAC Life Support section and in the back left, a Habitation and Science Module.

http://i.imgur.com/nCSJmKA.png

One of two tugs I use to attach new modules. These were added after I couldn't dock the solar arrays to the station and instead decided to dock the station to the solar arrays. It was... interesting, but no quickloads necessary.

http://i.imgur.com/oCvYs3b.png

The original module, with a hypergolic fuel depot on the back.

Of course, the reasoning behind this was to see if I could do it. Next step: adding a habitation ring.

Mother of god....that thing is huge! I can't even build something that big without RSS! Nice work! :D

i am working on a bit science station using the Station Science mod. it currently has living space for 8 Kerbals, a zoology lab and a science lab, expansion plans are for another living module (capacity 12-16), a physics wing with power farm and a separate lab, a communications centre, and more habitation modules. it should eventually have a crew of over 20.

the next project after that is the KSS Fuzzball interplanetary mother ship, which i have started building at least 3 times :P

Mother of god....that thing is huge! I can't even build something that big without RSS! Nice work! :D

I've built a few stations, and after a few 2-3 modules added on, it's way too laggy to be any fun. Either, everyone playing KSP is very tolerant of a ton of physics lag or somehow have amazing machines (my machine is pretty darn good).

Do you guys just not mind that everything slows to a crawl?

I'm creating a series of improvised, small, persistent airports roughly across the equator.

Complete with refueling tankers/silo's small refueling bots, hab modules for airport crew/pilots and for any pilots flying through, and persistent refuelable planes with pilots. (maybe four planes per airport.) With some ground vehicles, both rovers and kerbal transport/recreation too.

I just started on this idea so I'm just working on the delivery system for the flight tower/comm center. It needs just a little bit more dv for proper suborbital delivery. :v

A personal tragedy took place Christmas day, that ended terribly kept me away from KSP. I've only started playing it again briefly in the last couple days.

I had 2 guys stranded on Mun (my 2nd ever mun landing) with not enough fuel for a return trip home, so I launched a rescue mission using the same rocket/lander combo that got them there but was more focused on preserving fuel. The rocket could have been smaller because by the time I dumped my first 2 stages I had a couple hundred points of fuel. I carefully landed within 1.4km of my first landing site (with a flag). Using the remainder of the fuel in the first lander, I flew it to within 800m of my rescue and eva'd my 2 stranded kerbals to the rescue craft. Of course I planted a flag before loading up and going home.

My rescue lander had enough fuel to push straight up, and get me an intercept to Kerbin atmosphere. I came blazing in Kerbin at over 2500m/s, ditched the lander and ended up splashing down in the same latitude of KSC but on the west side of the continent not far from land. I wasn't aiming for KSC. My rescue mission was successful even if I did find another fuel issue with the staging during my mun approach. No man left behind... Used a quicksave before leaving mun, and it took 3 attempts to get my kerbin intercept to work. I had JUST enough fuel to push me into Kerbin atmosphere. So far my proudest moment in KSP. My first real session since my personal issue.

Well this isn't specific to an update (though it'd be great if I got it done this update), but I'm attempting sturmstiger's Duna Permanent Outpost Mission Architecture Challenge, and recording it for youtube. Besides that, I've been checking out the Alternis Kerbol mod lately. It's really cool. :)

(Thread for my challenge attempt if you're interested is in my signature)

My main project was my modular interplanetary craft. Got the main hull done, now I just replace components as I get more science. Send up a new lander when it gets back into orbit of Kerbin!

Boy was it fun! Way more enjoyable to dock main components together in space then send up a single craft ^.^

I've been primarily exclusively in career mode and have been using some difficulty mods like Remote Tech 2, Tac Life Support, Deadly reentry, and other addons for a bit of realism. So far I have set foot on Mun and Minmus, but want to branch out and need to fully 'wire' all other target bodies, first starting with Kerbin. I have 24 launches outlined in detail for Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, Moho, and Duna satellite coverage along with mapping of all said bodies.

Finally land on another planet, just like in .22, but invariably will get caught up in doing airplanes/spaceplanes, LKO stuff and Munshots, then .24 will arrive just as I've gotten my remotetech network ready for interplanetary..and I'll start all over

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.