The Fan Works Library

KSK

Completely up to the individual author but it does make the Library threads more interesting and is a nice opportunity to provide a quick overview of the story and maybe garner some more interest in it. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey folks,

I've finally gotten around to updating and revamping the Library and it now includes all the fan fiction, parodies, lyrics, poetry, short stories and other written works that I can find in the main Fanworks forum, from the beginning to date. Links have been updated and fixed throughout. 

I've also included a handful of links to the Mission Reports sub-forum, mostly by request, but I do not plan to add any more. Partly because the Mission Reports forum is a pretty big moving target to chase, but mostly because its threads are all... well Mission Reports, and aren't mixed in with a bunch of other works. Hence, indexing isn't as useful or necessary.

If anyone has any other threads they'd like to see included - or deleted - from the Library, please do let me know by the 30th June. As a friendly reminder, threads for inclusion should include at least some writing. Graphic novels, illustrated stories etc are fine but please don't send links to fan art, videos, etc.

After the 30th of June, I'll be closing this thread and not posting any further updates.

Cheers,

KSK.

Edited by KSK

1 hour ago, KSK said:

Hey folks,

I've finally gotten around to updating and revamping the Library and it now includes all the fan fiction, parodies, lyrics, poetry, short stories and other written works that I can find in the main Fanworks forum, from the beginning to date. Links have been updated and fixed throughout. 

I've also included a handful of links to the Mission Reports sub-forum, mostly by request, but I do not plan to add any more. Partly because the Mission Reports forum is a pretty big moving target to chase, but mostly because its threads are all... well Mission Reports, and aren't mixed in with a bunch of other works. Hence, indexing isn't as useful or necessary.

If anyone has any other threads they'd like to see included - or deleted - from the Library, please do let me know by the 30th June. As a friendly reminder, threads for inclusion should include at least some writing. Graphic novels, illustrated stories etc are fine but please don't send links to fan art, videos, etc.

After the 30th of June, I'll be closing this thread and not posting any further updates.

Cheers,

KSK.

Hey KSK! I'm working in KSP animations. I do not know it they apply for the fan works library, so I'm asking you.

Here's the link to the thread:

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

@KSK - you pinged me but I cannot find the post.

Also, there's more Kerny coming once the job situation settles down. :)

Hiya,

First page of the thread, third post or so (works in progress) and you're fourth in the list of Fiction works. :)  Glad to hear there's more Kerny on the way and I totally understand the 'when work settles down' bit - been there, done that!

35 minutes ago, AnimatedK said:

Hey KSK! I'm working in KSP animations. I do not know it they apply for the fan works library, so I'm asking you.

Here's the link to the thread:

Hiya,

Love the animation but, as mentioned, the Library is really for written works. Not that I've got anything against fan art etc. - quite the opposite in fact  - but my own fan works are in writing so writing is what I wanted to showcase in this thread.

Thanks for the link though!

KSK.

Edited by KSK

On 6/12/2020 at 3:03 PM, KSK said:

Hey folks,

Cheers,

KSK.

It'll be sad to see the support for the library end... it speaks volumes about the creativity of KSP writers here that it got as large as it did.

Edited by SiriusRocketry

Cheers folks.

KSC Archives has been added to the Works in Progress shelf. And yeah, @SiriusRocketry, there's an impressive amount of fan writing on the forum that covers so many different takes on the kerbals and their adventures. And I have to admit that I reread quite a lot of it when I was updating the Library. :)

But I figured this was a suitable time to draw a line under it. 

3 hours ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

So...does this mean that someone else can start Volume 2 of the FWL?

Absolutely - I'd be delighted if anyone wanted to!

Probably easiest for them to just add a post to this thread since it's already stickied, rather than having to ask a moderator to sticky a new, very similar, thread.

4 hours ago, KSK said:

Absolutely - I'd be delighted if anyone wanted to!

Probably easiest for them to just add a post to this thread since it's already stickied, rather than having to ask a moderator to sticky a new, very similar, thread.

...*spreadsheet excitement intensifies*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.