[WIP]FASA Style Munar Module. (11.jan.14)

DennyTX

what are yo thinking about style?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. what are yo thinking about style?

• ready for FASA
    • a ****
    • need more work

Historical replica tip: The LM had only three of those "probes" under it's legs, because during training, Neil Amstrong discovered the possibility of the fourth one (under the ladder) folding upwards on contact with the ground, making an EVA to the ground impossible, or very dangerous, because the end of the thingie could rip a hole through the suit.

That's a beautiful replica. Lots of pretty details. :D

Hey, that's a neat bit of history, thanks for sharing. :D I always love pulling out little factoids like this, when appropriate, of course. Now I have another one to pass on.

Again, thanks! :)

Could you please not bother with RasterProp monitors? I have nothing against them... in a MODERN spacecraft. RP is all about the 'glass cockpit' concept, and it executes that concept very VERY well. But this is a(n extremely accurate looking!) replica of an Apollo LEM, and the interior should rightfully be the exact OPPOSITE of a 'glass cockpit'. I think it should be left just as it is. My opinion, worth what you paid for it. :)

there are 2 small tv's screens on middle panel near inner windows corners. dunno, which were its real purposes. thinking about tv picture there like romfarers docking camera has. because inner views from window is not very useful, we cant look from it straight down, but we need a picture from legs to perform manual IVA landing

i76JLE2.jpg

1 - from camera

2 - navbol

Historical replica tip: The LM had only three of those "probes" under it's legs, because during training, Neil Amstrong discovered the possibility of the fourth one (under the ladder) folding upwards on contact with the ground, making an EVA to the ground impossible, or very dangerous, because the end of the thingie could rip a hole through the suit.

That's a beautiful replica. Lots of pretty details. :D

yup , indeed. graciaz, will remove one. any more tips?

Edited by DennyTX

Hey, that's a neat bit of history, thanks for sharing. :D I always love pulling out little factoids like this, when appropriate, of course. Now I have another one to pass on.

Again, thanks! :)

Heh, I love sharing cool space facts with my family... here's one more, before we derail the thread. :rolleyes:

On Gemini 4 (America's first EVA), while Ed White was enjoying his spacewalk, a spare glove just floated out the hatch without anybody noticing.

Here's a direct link to the moment when it happens:

Watch the rest of the video too, it's awesome. :D

there are 2 small tv's screens on middle panel near inner windows corners. dunno, which were its real purposes. thinking about tv picture there like romfarers docking camera has. because inner views from window is not very useful, we cant look from it straight down, but we need a picture from legs to perform manual IVA landing

http://i.imgur.com/i76JLE2.jpg

1 - from camera

2 - navbol

yup , indeed. graciaz, will remove one. any more tips?

In reality the "1" circle is the x-pointer which showed lateral velocity based off or ground radar, and the "2" circle was the primary FDAI, which is essentially the KSP navball.

...thinking about tv picture there like romfarers docking camera has. because inner views from window is not very useful, we cant look from it straight down, but we need a picture from legs to perform manual IVA landing

The windows had a range-finder printed onto the glass of the forward windows. If you could add that, and make a a POV that looks down at the window onto the surface, a manual IVA landing would be possible without a digital display.

These parts are absolute massive. I can tell they're way bigger than the originals. You should really dial it down a bit. The kerbals would fall to their deaths tumbling off the top of that thing.

nevermind ;). this issue could be resolved by rescaleFactor = 0.X

In reality the "1" circle is the x-pointer which showed lateral velocity based off or ground radar, and the "2" circle was the primary FDAI, which is essentially the KSP navball.

well, how does circle 1 should work in game, what should displays show (understandable for all, this is just a game...)?

The windows had a range-finder printed onto the glass of the forward windows. If you could add that, and make a a POV that looks down at the window onto the surface, a manual IVA landing would be possible without a digital display.

i've thinking about retractable outside mirror, that can be viewed from window, and see a surface down

Edited by DennyTX

nevermind ;). this issue could be resolved by rescaleFactor = 0.X

well, how does circle 1 should work in game, what should displays show (understandable for all, this is just a game...)?

You could just make it a radar altimeter. That seems easy enough since it already exists in the stock internals.

http://i.imgur.com/i76JLE2.jpg

1 - from camera

2 - navbol

Well, right, of course the control panel should be done as accurately as possible, but what you depict there is certainly a LOOOONNGG way from being a 'glass cockpit' in the modern sense of the term, lol. So yeah, if RasterProp allows you to replicate that one small feature, then by all means use it. I just meant that I didn't want an Apollo LEM with an interior that looks like AlexUstas's ALCOR pod, that's all. :)

@Astropapi1

Lol, yes, I do remember seeing that footage many times, of the glove floating out of the capsule. :)

@Razorcane

By George, I believe you're right, that does look quite huge in the VAB! So...

@DennyTX

Should we consider scaling the part down in the config to .64, i.e. 'Kerbal Fun Size'? Or are our eyes deceiving us in those pictures, and it's already Kerbal scale? Doesn't matter to me one way 'tother, just asking. :)

Edit: Whoop! Ninja'd on most of this, lol. But I'm not sure, are you saying that 'yes, we should scale it down ourselves' or no? Not sure...

Edited by Neutrinovore

Well, right, of course the control panel should be done as accurately as possible, but what you depict there is certainly a LOOOONNGG way from being a 'glass cockpit' in the modern sense of the term, lol. So yeah, if RasterProp allows you to replicate that one small feature, then by all means use it. I just meant that I didn't want an Apollo LEM with an interior that looks like AlexUstas's ALCOR pod, that's all. :)

Edit: Whoop! Ninja'd on most of this, lol. But I'm not sure, are you saying that 'yes, we should scale it down ourselves' or no? Not sure...

well, there will be no raster props as in ALKOR. may just a screen with old TV quality like in romfarers docking cam

and about scales. it will be scaled like FASA Gemini

PS: damn, cant add imgur album. what should i do?

You have to copy the part of your imgur album's URL I highlighted as red between '[imgur*]' and '[/imgur*]'. I use my album as an example:

Album's link: http:*//imgur.com/a/Zvy0b#0

In forum post: [imgur*]Zvy0b[/imgur*]

(All without the '*' marks.)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Reddragon

You have to copy the part of your imgur album's URL I highlighted as red between '[imgur*]' and '[/imgur*]'. I use my album as an example:

Album's link: http:*//imgur.com/a/Zvy0b#0

In forum post: [imgur*]Zvy0b[/imgur*]

(All without the '*' marks.)

Many thanks. Graciaz. Danke. Spasibo. It works. First page updated

Edited by DennyTX

Many thanks. Graciaz. Danke. Spasibo. It works. First page updated

You're welcome. De nada. Bitte schön. ßþöðûуùÑÂтð. Also your models and textures look very good. I'm looking forward to see them in game.

Just one suggestion, change plate from united states to kerbal states!

Also, any possibility for folded rover inside lower stage? (well one can dream :blush:)

done! flag has been removed too...

also rover is ready as individual model. working on textures and animations...

but it will be realised third, after LM and CSM.

And one more thing. Forth. Skylab is in plans. half of its geometry is done. but... will be realised not very soon i guess.

i need to study UNITY much more. i'm goofy and faced some issues with internal and props.

And one more thing. Forth. Skylab is in plans. half of its geometry is done. but... will be realised not very soon i guess.

i need to study UNITY much more. i'm goofy and faced some issues with internal and props.

Very good news!!!

Thank you bro!

Are you planning on modelling Saturn rockets to go with all that? :) I can provide you with some detailed info on the entire Saturn family, including never built designs such as Nova and Saturn II.

Will it be foldable?

lso opening hatch from inside sounds very cool, really. I dont think any onher mod did it before. I hope you will also add some sound of escaping air.

Just thought you'd like to know that I asked Mihara a while back and it is possible to make curved CRT like monitors with his plugin.

I was going to ask someone to make a CRT monitor for the Gemini capsule so if you going to make something like that for this would you be willing to put out a prop pack? please, i'd really like to me able to look at the ground when i'm landing.

Also, any possibility for folded rover inside lower stage? (well one can dream :blush:)

bobcat did a LRV that can fold up like the real one if all it need is an attachment point on the lander, although it might screw up the center of mass

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.