Input settings in game

Hi,

I'd like to suggest a feature to be able to alter input settings in game. It is quite tedious when:

1) You're learning the game and want a fast way to see buttons mapping or change it

2) You've just plugged in a controller and want to configure it - right now you have to do it from scratch and of course it is hard to do all perfectly it in one shot. Getting back to main menu just to change axis sensitivity "a little" or remap a button seems pointless.

Have this occurred to any of you? It irritates me every version when I finally start building planes and plug in my xbox controller.

Would be nice to see this in some future version.

Something like this maybe?

While it is a great idea on itself, no, that's not it.

I'm pretty sure I am not the only person who put his first rocket on launchpad, pressed space, then the rocket went "pssssssshhh" and fell on the ground. And in that situation you need to find out which key is used to throttle up. And it is *very* frustrating if you have to quit the game for that.

Edited by Kasuha

There is the tutorial, but it's not easily found, and is not very good anyway.

Funny enough, it happened to me after I did the tutorial. Because while I followed the tutorial step by step, I still did not remember everything.

Even if the game did not allow to change these settings, simple reference list of current key assignments would be a great help for newbies.

What about the other part of my post (xbox pad or other controller)?

Printouts won't help, wiki won't help - you just have to set axis sensitivity by trial and error basically (I always decrease it at start but it requires few iterations to get it right). It is annoying as we have to do it every version. I ususally use pad only when I get bored with rockets and I'm bad in building planes so I don't do this often. I play like 3 hours with planes every version so I don't remember my pad configuration easily and half of time "flying" is actually fine tuning the controls which is tedious. Because of it I don't even bother to configure my controller for Kerbals or Rovers. Flying planes with keyboard is no fun compared to flying with a pad so I think we're missing a lot here as this process pushes me off from playing with planes.

Edited by kajmaj

What about the other part of my post (xbox pad or other controller)?

Printouts won't help, wiki won't help - you just have to set axis sensitivity by trial and error basically (I always decrease it at start but it requires few iterations to get it right). It is annoying as we have to do it every version. I ususally use pad only when I get bored with rockets and I'm bad in building planes so I don't do this often. I play like 3 hours with planes every version so I don't remember my pad configuration easily and half of time "flying" is actually fine tuning the controls which is tedious. Because of it I don't even bother to configure my controller for Kerbals or Rovers. Flying planes with keyboard is no fun compared to flying with a pad so I think we're missing a lot here as this process pushes me off from playing with planes.

You can copy your config file over from version to version (usually...) and most of the controls stay in tact. I used to use the xbox controller regularly for rocket flight. Laziness means I'm not back to KB and trackpad, but I always used to copy the settings over from update to update and I kept most, if not all, of my custom controls

You can copy your config file over from version to version (usually...) and most of the controls stay in tact. I used to use the xbox controller regularly for rocket flight. Laziness means I'm not back to KB and trackpad, but I always used to copy the settings over from update to update and I kept most, if not all, of my custom controls

Thanks for pointing this out. Had a feeling this would work, but didn't try it myself. Glad I keep all versions and settings forever :) But feature is still missing and would be very nice to have.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.