[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

To solve problems with the ATM:

1) Go to the directory of the ATM - "ActiveTextureManagement \ ActiveTextureManagerConfigs" and move or delete files "MagicSmokeIndustries.cfg"

2) Create an empty file in the same place "IR.cfg"

3) Add the code to it

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = MagicSmokeIndustries
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
MagicSmokeIndustries / Parts /.*
{
compress = false
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
compress_normals = false
mipmaps_normals = false
make_not_readable = false
}
}
}

And... We save and exit.

4) Go to the directory of the ATM - "GameData \ ActiveTextureManagement \ textureCache \ MagicSmokeIndustries" and delete everything (or just delete the entire folder "MagicSmokeIndustries"). Such clearing the cache will save time. No need to re-process the other textures. More time for KSP :wink:

5) I'm not sure that was necessary, but just in case, delete files "PartDatabase.cfg" which is located in the root directory of the game.

6) ...

7)Profit !!! All works :)

PS.Thank you for creating these mods, guys. It's a miracle.

And sorry for the bad english :(

Update:

Bad. After restarting the game - it rebuilds the cache again. After that loses texture. There are three options.

1) Do not give the opportunity to rebuild the cache. (file permissions)

2) Copy after restarting processed texture (and probably again need to set up access to the file)

3) Find the possibility of ignoring the ATM folder. According to the description - these are. But caching module ATM - is not working. And again rebuilds folder structure textures.

4) The most difficult option - You change the type and texture of the way so that the ATM did not spoil them.

Think.:confused:

Edited by Ignis

In general, straightness and simple solution. :(

For those who have problems with the ATM (only !!!).

1) Download the file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20401633/KSP%20MODS/Temporary/MSI%20ATM%20EDT/Parts.zip

2) Remove the cache from MSI in ATM dir. (Path - ".\GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\textureCache\MagicSmokeIndustries")

3) Extract the files in the MSI (!!!) directory ".\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries" - here.

4) Wait recreate cache ATM for MSI.

4) All the works.

I hope that works in the ATM cache similar texture.

In general, straightness and simple solution. :(

For those who have problems with the ATM (only !!!).

1) Download the file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20401633/KSP%20MODS/Temporary/MSI%20ATM%20EDT/Parts.zip

2) Remove the cache from MSI in ATM dir. (Path - ".\GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\textureCache\MagicSmokeIndustries")

3) Extract the files in the MSI (!!!) directory ".\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries" - here.

4) Wait recreate cache ATM for MSI.

4) All the works.

I hope that works in the ATM cache similar texture.

Why does this download replace the dummy textures that are in each parts folder? This neglects the whole reason texture sharing was implemented, to save memory.

Why does this download replace the dummy textures that are in each parts folder? This neglects the whole reason texture sharing was implemented, to save memory.

The reason is that the ATM rebuilds the structure of textures to create its cache. Therefore, those who use an ATM - losing texture. We must to rewrite or ATM or rewrite MSI. This - is problematic, though not difficult.

As for the economy of memory - it all depends on whether the correct "dictionary" (so called in the source) in ATM or not. If it works, then the texture with the same hash - not duplicated. Therefore, memory loss will not occur.

- - - Updated - - -

A small example. That is, it is seen that it is the same texture. But it works correctly or not - I have not tested.

[LOG 17:59:12.117] Load(Texture): MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Basic/IR_Robotic_e
[LOG 17:59:12.136] ActiveTextureManagement: hash triggered... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Basic/IR_Robotic_e
[LOG 17:59:12.138] ActiveTextureManagement: Re-using from hash dictionary... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Basic/IR_Robotic_e is a duplicate of MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Robotic_e
[LOG 17:59:12.143] Load(Texture): MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Right/IR_Robotic
[LOG 17:59:12.172] ActiveTextureManagement: hash triggered... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Right/IR_Robotic
[LOG 17:59:12.174] ActiveTextureManagement: Re-using from hash dictionary... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Right/IR_Robotic is a duplicate of MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Robotic
[LOG 17:59:12.178] Load(Texture): MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Right/IR_Robotic_e
[LOG 17:59:12.212] ActiveTextureManagement: hash triggered... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Right/IR_Robotic_e
[LOG 17:59:12.213] ActiveTextureManagement: Re-using from hash dictionary... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Right/IR_Robotic_e is a duplicate of MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Robotic_e
[LOG 17:59:12.218] Load(Texture): MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Stackable/IR_Robotic
[LOG 17:59:12.243] ActiveTextureManagement: hash triggered... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Stackable/IR_Robotic
[LOG 17:59:12.244] ActiveTextureManagement: Re-using from hash dictionary... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Stackable/IR_Robotic is a duplicate of MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Robotic
[LOG 17:59:12.250] Load(Texture): MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Stackable/IR_Robotic_e
[LOG 17:59:12.268] ActiveTextureManagement: hash triggered... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Stackable/IR_Robotic_e
[LOG 17:59:12.269] ActiveTextureManagement: Re-using from hash dictionary... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Extendatron_Stackable/IR_Robotic_e is a duplicate of MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Robotic_e
[LOG 17:59:12.274] Load(Texture): MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Pivotron_Basic/IR_Robotic
[LOG 17:59:12.317] ActiveTextureManagement: hash triggered... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Pivotron_Basic/IR_Robotic
[LOG 17:59:12.319] ActiveTextureManagement: Re-using from hash dictionary... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Pivotron_Basic/IR_Robotic is a duplicate of MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Robotic
[LOG 17:59:12.323] Load(Texture): MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Pivotron_Basic/IR_Robotic_e
[LOG 17:59:12.340] ActiveTextureManagement: hash triggered... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Pivotron_Basic/IR_Robotic_e
[LOG 17:59:12.342] ActiveTextureManagement: Re-using from hash dictionary... MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Pivotron_Basic/IR_Robotic_e is a duplicate of MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Robotic_e
[LOG 17:59:12.347] Load(Texture): MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Core/Probe/Robotic/IR_Pivotron_Hinge_Basic/IR_Robotic

It seems like a problem with ATM, not IR. If ATM overrides textures when it is specifically told not to, then we cannot be of any more help there.

Try setting enabled to false in the header section of your override.

It seems like a problem with ATM, not IR. If ATM overrides textures when it is specifically told not to, then we cannot be of any more help there.

Try setting enabled to false in the header section of your override.

I think there is no problem. Only IR - works fine, but there is another arrangement of textures and patterns. Unfortunate circumstances.

Maybe it would be easier to bring texture (basic) in a separate subfolder, and for them to rewrite the way? This would solve the problem with the ATM. And empty textures too. It would be neat.

Either it is necessary to rewrite the ATM. Because forbid can only be the first load. In the future - working cache manager, and he does not look at the settings, and remakes the texture anyway, regardless of prescribed values.

will there be a remodel for the gantry rail?

Eventually yes. I did make a start on a design, I put it on hold until I have time to focus on finalising its design and that of its variants.

_d371567bdd094d8282bf486aa0877bdd

On an unrelated node, the next update will feature a few tweaks to the positions of parts in the tech tree and support for the Community Tech Tree, which now includes extra actuator nodes!

It is ridiculously fun to make propeller planes with IR Rework parts. The high joint strength is most welcome and adequate for most cases, and eliminates the 'wet noodle' problem I used to have with standard IR parts.

Here is a 1933 TB-3 AM-34RD replica in flight, powered by IR props alone, no hidden jets. Flight speed... 20 meters per second. Can't produce any more thrust with this diameter props or else the blades start flying all over the place from centrifugal force. Rotatron speed is about 68-70. :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Eventually yes. I did make a start on a design, I put it on hold until I have time to focus on finalising its design and that of its variants.

https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pl/IR_GantryPreview.png/_d371567bdd094d8282bf486aa0877bdd

On an unrelated node, the next update will feature a few tweaks to the positions of parts in the tech tree and support for the Community Tech Tree, which now includes extra actuator nodes!

The upcoming gantry rails really look great! I think that was the biggest problem with the original IR parts was a lack of consistency. They all looked similar, and I do sill like the original pistons for some applications, but they all didn't fit together very well. The system you've come up with really works great. Looking forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeve to blow our minds. Thanks Zodius

How can I get this to work with 1.0.2?

Everything but the utility pack works just fine. The only reason the utilities aren't working is other mod dependencies like KAS and active struts. But Kospy44 is working on integrating updating KIS / KAS. Active struts I'm not sure who picked that one up, but I believe it's one of the devs for the IR plugin. Once that is all finished I'm sure Zodiusinfuser will release an update shortly after.

Edited by V8jester

Everything but the utility pack works just fine. The only reason the utilities aren't working is other mod dependencies like KAS and active struts. But Kospy44 is working on integrating updating KIS / KAS. Active struts I'm not sure who picked that one up, but I believe it's one of the devs for the IR plugin. Once that is all finished I'm sure Zodiusinfuser will release an update shortly after.

^ This

I'm only seeing robodapters, trusses, and tubes. Can't seem to find rotatrons or anything else.

Do you see the Robotic Parts custom category in editor?

Hi, Love the versatility of this mod but I am having an issue with the skins. as seen in the picture below or through the link, all the skins are black in the tool tips as well as when they are placed into the construction area. The first 2-3 loads of KSP the skins were normal but now they are as seen in the picture. I searched trying to see if this was posted but I didn't find anything, if it is posted I'm sorry for a double post. If you need anything in particular from me ill do my best to get it to you.

http://imgur.com/fWEOPWS

Edit*

Apparently I looked to far back for a fix, still isn't working, posted to ATM thread to see what they say

Edited by Shecter

I have a problem with the textures:

They appear all black with the robotic parts. The roboadapters and trusses are all white.

Mod list is fully updated: http://imgur.com/a/WQzR8

P.S.: Flame me if I didn't read behind for this issue :blush:

This issue is the result of Active Texture Management. Check back a page or two for suggestions of how to overcome it.

--------------------------------------------------

On the subject of this issue, I'm of the stance that this is a bug with ATM rather than the IR Rework. Unless someone can clearly identify this as being an issue I am able to fix, I'd kindly ask that from now on it be raised with the ATM team to resolve. Yes, I am aware that changing the textures to dds will overcome the issue, but that just manually does what ATM should be able to do automatically. Also, I do not have time at the moment to explore the process of changing texture formats so they will be remaining as tga for a while longer.

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.