[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

Come on, it's been out almost an hour! What are you doing over there!

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't checked its status today. In which case those two parts should now work without issue.

I was actually also thinking that it would be those wierd (wierd as in unusual, not wierd as in ugly) mecanum (or maybe mekanum?) wheels, just didn't say it out loud.
Nah, I don't buy it :P

Here is the smaller mecanum in-game :). Lots of tweaking left to do.

_ffb6fa86b27743388292617b1ff2b16b

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't checked its status today. In which case those two parts should now work without issue.

Actually, the exact opposite is true, unfortunately.

I've been using the v01a version of this with IR 0.21.1 and KAS 0.4.10 in KSP 1.0.2 (That's a lot of numbers!) ever since release and never had a problem with any part. After the new KAS release, though, the Grasper doesn't work. I was using it for landing gear feet for rough terrain, and after updating KAS the ship just bounces off the ground and then falls through as if the landing gear Graspers weren't there.

Edited by Rhedd

I've been using the v01a version of this with IR 0.21.1 and KAS 0.4.10 in KSP 1.0.2 (That's a lot of numbers!) ever since release and never had a problem with any part. After the new KAS release, though, the Grasper doesn't work. I was using it for landing gear feet for rough terrain, and after updating KAS the ship just bounces off the ground and then falls through as if the landing gear Graspers weren't there.

I'll look in to this tomorrow. It could be that they changed some of the definitions. Fortunately the have a working grappling hook and magnet part I can look at to see what's changed.

The issue with the Grasper is that they renamed KASModuleGrapplingHook to KASModuleHarpoon. Until I get a fix out your best bet will be to edit the CFG of the IR_SurfaceGrasper (located in GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Rework_Utility\Probe\Misc\IR_MechanicalGrasper).

There is an issue with KAS at the moment though where grappling hooks no longer have a right-click option to detach them, so be sure to assign Detach to an action group before you launch any new craft. I've messaged KospY, so hopefully it will get resolved soon.

The issue with the Grasper is that they renamed KASModuleGrapplingHook to KASModuleHarpoon. Until I get a fix out your best bet will be to edit the CFG of the IR_SurfaceGrasper (located in GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Rework_Utility\Probe\Misc\IR_MechanicalGrasper).

There is an issue with KAS at the moment though where grappling hooks no longer have a right-click option to detach them, so be sure to assign Detach to an action group before you launch any new craft. I've messaged KospY, so hopefully it will get resolved soon.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'll just make that adjustment myself until you update. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any news on the wheely-pack being updated?

Yes, Soon

--------------------------------------------------

Edit: To tease the mecanums a bit more ;)http://gfycat.com/CanineWellinformedAsiaticmouflon

This is using a KOS script written by Ziw to allow for control with WSAD+QE.

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with this expansion where all the models appear black. This only affects the new Rework models, not the original IR parts, as those seem to be working fine. I'm running ATM Basic to cut down on a little memory usage; coupled with OpenGL mode I'm able to play with a surprising amount of mods. Could ATM be the culprit here? It doesn't have that effect on any other mod. I tried clearing the PartDatabase CFG file as mentioned in the OP but no dice. Any ideas?

EDIT: Belay that; but you might want to check with the CKAN distribution to see if it's pulling the full/correct files for installing these mods. I manually downloaded them, and when copying over it indicated there was about 30-50 files missing between each zip file, (i.e., "Copying 150 files... 90 files already exist, overwrite?") which tells me it isn't getting the correct file. Anyway, if you have this same issue, you'll need to manually download the correct Zips from the OP, then delete the MagicSmokeIndustries folder from your Gamedata/ActiveTextureManagement/textureCache folder. Then launch KSP and ATM will re-cache the now-updated textures.

Edited by Dreadp1r4te

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with this expansion where all the models appear black. This only affects the new Rework models, not the original IR parts, as those seem to be working fine. I'm running ATM Basic to cut down on a little memory usage; coupled with OpenGL mode I'm able to play with a surprising amount of mods. Could ATM be the culprit here? It doesn't have that effect on any other mod. I tried clearing the PartDatabase CFG file as mentioned in the OP but no dice. Any ideas?

ATM is the culprit as discussed here on multiple pages. It is due to the fact that IR reuses one texture for several models and ATM does not like it. With more mods shipping with DDS already you dont need ATM anymore - I ran my 45+ mods main install without it just fine.

Would 'hand converting' the tga's to .dds fix the issue? Also will uninstalling ATM undo the work it has already done (my guess is 'no, dummy!') but you never know until you ask (or find out yourself).

Okay, the textures are back, but now when I'm in space (NOT looking at kerbin from the space center), say 'flying' a satellite, the night side of Kerbin is now all weird tan colored and... I can't quite describe the texture. It isn't solid tan, it is textured. I tried uninstall/reinstall of EVE; no go. This isn't infernal robotics, but if anyone knows what might cause this lemme know. I'll be posting onto the modded support soon.

Edited by yithpistol

Is there a place where people post their craft files using this mod, I would like to see examples of some robotics

Have you seen the video in the OP? It is pretty awsome and inspiring.

- - - Updated - - -

Would 'hand converting' the tga's to .dds fix the issue? Also will uninstalling ATM undo the work it has already done (my guess is 'no, dummy!') but you never know until you ask (or find out yourself).

You can convert manually, but you most likely will end up copying the texture to each part, which kinda defeats the whole puprose of reusing textures.

Now i know this has been mentioned a few posts ago but i am having trouble deciphering what needs to be fixed im not simple i just get overwhelmed with all the different comments on what to do, so i have also had a issue with the infernal robotics...it was working great when i installed the old one then i instaled the core package worked fine nothing strange, then i installed the utility pack and expansion and noiw the parts are black, i tried uninstalling those mods refresh then they turn to yellow lol and also worth a mention i also have atm so what is the correct way of saving my file becaus ei just built a shuttle with the whole if settup and its mint so help would be greatly appreciated...also sorry bout punctuation...

Is there a place where people post their craft files using this mod, I would like to see examples of some robotics

I made a few Infernal Robotics contraptions lately and posted the craft files all to KerbalX. Will make more after my post-exam 'assignments' :3

1) A roflcopter

http://kerbalx.com/pandoraskitten/KE-2S-Mosquito-Synchropter/

2) A propeller plane

http://kerbalx.com/pandoraskitten/1933-TB-3-AM-34RD-Replica

3) An OMG whatdoicallthisspaceship?

Just kidding, it's a Rotary Rocket!

Short on ideas? There's no problems that can't be solved with bending :D

Make flip-out components on spacecraft for a sleeker launch package, make a cube satellite out of 6 structural panels that fold out to expose sensor packages, etc!

Or make Valentina a side-business consisting of a land cruiser mobile restaurant!

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by pandoras kitten
burger mod + infernal robotics rework = zomg

New parts requests :

1. Inline parts. Example Inline Rotatron (Basic/Free) with rotating "slave" node. That's 3 nodes for a IR part. Not sure if plugin supports it (two "source" stackable nodes, that is).

2. Remodel of old "Adjustable Rail", i like the surface attach with slider, it kind of complements the "Extendatron - Right Angle".

1. Inline parts. Example Inline Rotatron (Basic/Free) with rotating "slave" node. That's 3 nodes for a IR part. Not sure if plugin supports it (two "source" stackable nodes, that is).

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84566-WIP-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Station-Parts-%28Infernal-Robotics-required%29 If that's what you were describing (will eventually get a rework). Other inline parts are planned but have a low priority.

2. Remodel of old "Adjustable Rail", i like the surface attach with slider, it kind of complements the "Extendatron - Right Angle".

I've been thinking about this recently as it is on my long todo list. I'm yet to come up with a design I'm happy with. Also there'll be five additional parts in the "rail" form-factor that I'm having to factor in. I may just have to accept that I cannot get them to fit with the current style.

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

Here's a teaser for people :)

The addition of acceleration to IR has made this a whole lot smoother than the

I posted back in January. Also kOS integration greatly simplifys the control, which before had to be done by stacking 3 rotatrons behind each wheel. And in case you missed it, here's how the smaller versions look: http://gfycat.com/CanineWellinformedAsiaticmouflon Edited by ZodiusInfuser

The wheels are coming along great! Hey I'm not very familiar with KOS at all, and my programming abilities are very basic. Will you be releasing the wheels with the script that you are using in KOS for people like me?

The wheels are coming along great! Hey I'm not very familiar with KOS at all, and my programming abilities are very basic. Will you be releasing the wheels with the script that you are using in KOS for people like me?

That's the plan :). I have two versions, one for 4 wheels and one for 8 wheels like in the video. It was actually Ziw who wrote the scripts for me, because I too am not familiar with kOS. I may throw in some example crafts as well when release comes.

Great thank you! Can't wait to see what else you've been working on.

Not much else to show at the moment. Been trying a few ideas but my main focus has been on updating to KSP 1.0.2 and adding these wheels. Its likely that after the release I'll need to have a break to focus more on my IRL robotics work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.