[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

That's the utilitron pack. Some of the parts in there won't work due to dependencies, though the ones needing KAS/KIS may be okay if you have those and the wheels are fine.

There is a closed beta pre-release going on, so a new version is in the proccess.

Did you get the fixes you needed for the utility pack? I saw you ask in the IR master thread, but I didn't see if you got a response.

I believe this post answers your question:

No I didn't. It's being worked on. Am waiting for mod dependencies to update and for KSP 1.0.3.

Look at the Common Problems section in the OP.

Just FYI that does not fix the issue. I know its not your problem with your mod, but kind of pointless linking to something that doesn't work :)

Just FYI that does not fix the issue. I know its not your problem with your mod, but kind of pointless linking to something that doesn't work :)

It definitely worked for some people at the time, so I felt it worth linking to for people like yourself to try and play around with. If it worked 100% then there wouldn't be repeated complaints about my mod and ATM, which honestly I'm fed up of now.

Edit: I have gone ahead and made a slight edit to the comment in the OP though. It already said "possible solution", but I've now included a link to the ATM thread for those with issues to pester the ATM devs.

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

Thanks to this mod my first Warp capable Craft as constructed, as a way to show the most unconventional way of Conventional FTL Travel! :P

http://i.imgur.com/uwKKDns.png?1

Cool! Do you have an unfolded shot you can show off too?

--------------------------------------------------

While I wait for mod and KSP updates, I thought I'd make a start on some propeller parts (I am still playing around with getting adjustable rails done, but I just had a flash of inspiration so had to model this tonight)

uGLPB8j.png

The intention is that this and the other variant I've got planned will run off Electric Charge (since fuel cells are now a thing). They'll also have an instant throttle response like rockets, because I know how hard it is to make craft hover at a fixed altitude with jet engines, even with Mechjeb or kOS. I imagine it will take a while for me to figure out how to use Firespitter, but Snjo has given me some info to help me get started, so watch this space :)

Edited by ZodiusInfuser
switch to imgur as host

While I wait for mod and KSP updates, I thought I'd make a start on some propeller parts (I am still playing around with getting adjustable rails done, but I just had a flash of inspiration so had to model this tonight)

https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pl/IR_MediumProp1.png/_3f2a1d68433e48b2bbcf6df6ea282f6a

The intention is that this and the other variant I've got planned will run off Electric Charge (since fuel cells are now a thing). They'll also have an instant throttle response like rockets, because I know how hard it is to make craft hover at a fixed altitude with jet engines, even with Mechjeb or kOS. I imagine it will take a while for me to figure out how to use Firespitter, but Snjo has given me some info to help me get started, so watch this space :)

I can give you one of my unity prefabs, and a sample cfg of my propellers, they work through Firespitter and should help you work out the setup.

https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pl/IR_MediumProp1.png/_3f2a1d68433e48b2bbcf6df6ea282f6a

Oh dude you're my hero :) That looks really good!

Will you make different sized versions with different attachment styles? Small/big radial rotors, small/big inline rotors (= helicopter)?

There'll be a more powerful radial rotor for sure ;), and maybe a small inline rotor to place underneath your craft, but no more than that. There's already a good variety of mods out there with propeller and helicopter parts, so any other designs I do would need to have some relevance to robotics. This is why I've styled this first part around recent quadcopter designs, and will be giving it a built-in Rotatron for manual thrust vectoring. Normal propellers can be made with the current IR parts and stock wings, as this video shows:

I can give you one of my unity prefabs, and a sample cfg of my propellers, they work through Firespitter and should help you work out the setup.

That would be very much appreciated! Your quadcopter mod was one of the things that made me start thinking about making model rework propellers. That and my own frustration with making rocket vtols and needing infinite fuel to use them for any real amount of time :P. I have also messaged Snjo to see if I can make use of the new module he showed off in the v7 demo video (https://youtu.be/KaDtf06-KcQ?t=3m59s) as it looks like that decouples thrust from RPM better than previous solutions.

I am trying to attach a rotatron to a girder that is on a space station using Kerbal Attachment System. The part attaches but KSP will not knowledge that the part is there, it will not highlight when the mouse pointer goes over it and the part disappears when the station a reloaded. So how compatible is IR with KAS?

The Kerbal Way of mowing lawn! ^^

You were saying?

Zodius, that part looks awesome. Also looks like it's for medium sized craft, or rather something that could carry a kerbal. Any plans for a much smaller version, without the shroud? Would be perfect for smaller drones exploring atmosphered planets.

I am trying to attach a rotatron to a girder that is on a space station using Kerbal Attachment System. The part attaches but KSP will not knowledge that the part is there, it will not highlight when the mouse pointer goes over it and the part disappears when the station a reloaded. So how compatible is IR with KAS?

That is a known conflict between IR and KAS and should be fixed in the next Infernal Robotics release.

Zodius, that part looks awesome. Also looks like it's for medium sized craft, or rather something that could carry a kerbal. Any plans for a much smaller version, without the shroud? Would be perfect for smaller drones exploring atmosphered planets.

It's just under 1.875m in diameter, so 4 can go around a 1.25m prone core with a bit of wiggle room. I'm not sure about doing a variant for smaller craft yet. If someone can find me an extremely cool reference image then maybe.

Nice have already an idea for what I would use it, but is the polycount low enough for a few more rotorblades?

Nice have already an idea for what I would use it, but is the polycount low enough for a few more rotorblades?

Polycount has never really been an issue with my parts and KSP before, so I doubt there'll be problems here either. I won't be adding more rotor blades to this one though as it's not really intended as a heavy lifter.

Polycount has never really been an issue with my parts and KSP before, so I doubt there'll be problems here either. I won't be adding more rotor blades to this one though as it's not really intended as a heavy lifter.

That makes me curious about a heavy lifter version :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.