[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

3 hours ago, giga said:

The Ksp log?

Or maybe you can give me some installation guides?

This is how I have it, and works fine:

GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_***

First install the normal IR, it creates its own Parts folder, than just unzip the model roeworks into that parts folder. Should work...

31 minutes ago, PCanas said:

First install the normal IR, it creates its own Parts folder, than just unzip the model roeworks into that parts folder. Should work...

Yep That works perfectly fine now Thanks

15 minutes ago, Pliuple said:

Hey there,

Got a small bug with legacy hinges, them little buggers dont like the "mirror" :DD all other parts seem ok... 

Anyone with a solution ? Cheers in advance

Bo8xIoL.png

That is one of the reasons they're legacy :P. Your best option is to download the hinges from this Model Rework pack since you're already here ;). You can find the v02 Beta a few pages back.

11 hours ago, ZodiusInfuser said:

That is one of the reasons they're legacy :P. Your best option is to download the hinges from this Model Rework pack since you're already here ;). You can find the v02 Beta a few pages back.

Yahp i am using 0.21.4, noticed this happens only in SPH and only with hinges. Used to be a rotate button in previous version as i recal.

1 hour ago, Pliuple said:

Yahp i am using 0.21.4, noticed this happens only in SPH and only with hinges. Used to be a rotate button in previous version as i recal.

I think you missed the point of what I was saying. That hinge is a Legacy part and therefore not from this mod, the Model Rework. Your best bet is to download the latest rework (https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pli/IR%20Model%20Rework%20-%20v02%20Pre-Release%20Beta.zip/_0f575063a6e64e46b951a31b6978519e) and use the hinges it includes instead as they do not have this problem.

The reason that hinge has a problem is because its orientation is incorrect for symmetry and unfortunately cannot be fixed because the original model files were lost. The rotate buttons were removed a while a go as they caused issues with the newer parts that were oriented correctly.

I'm just letting you know that the latest version of Dynamic Texture Loader causes the same black textures as ATM is known to cause. I have no idea if rbray is going to be able to fix or if there needs to be an MM config made in order to make it ignore IR model rework.

10 minutes ago, smjjames said:

I'm just letting you know that the latest version of Dynamic Texture Loader causes the same black textures as ATM is known to cause. I have no idea if rbray is going to be able to fix or if there needs to be an MM config made in order to make it ignore IR model rework.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not familiar with that mod. Regardless I still maintain that theses are not issues I should be providing support for, unless it can be proven that the way I organise my parts causes it in some way. I realise my method of texture sharing isn't the norm but while KSP supports it I see no reason to change it.

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

13 hours ago, BradenT said:

Can someone please help me with this mod the only thing thats working is the IR surface sampler. The other parts inthe parts folder will not show up in the assembly building. am i missing something? did i install it wrong?

Try this:

On 27/12/2015 at 1:11 PM, PCanas said:

So, i managed to get all my rework parts to not look like black markers

Here is the folder containing the config i made. Just pop it into \Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs

EDIT: After restarting the game, the issue came back. No changes to config were made by ATM. Hell knows what's up. I'm investigating the issue.

EDIT2: Changed enabled = true to enabled = false on the beginning. DOES NOT work after restart, seems like ATM is bypassing config?

Edited by Stikkychaos

After KSP 1.0 there is not much use for ATM (unless you want to resize textures) as most of the textures in the game and in the mods are already in DDS format, thus giving you little to no RAM savings. You would be better without ATM.

Hey zodiusinfuser, the bug where toggling the enforcement after doing a 'straight up freeattach' throws an exception is still around. Though this one may be in a particular situation or type of part, in this case, the habring from UKS.

Screenshot showing what I mean:

NeuCareer_screenshot_2016-01-06--13-19-5

Edited by smjjames

32 minutes ago, Ziw said:

@ZodiusInfuser I just noticed you added some special parts for stations, like bearing rotatron, but I could not figure out how are they supposed to be used, as they only have one node.

There is also a structural part they work in tandem with. If someone has the name and can beat me to it go for it.

As V8jester correctly says, there's a Hub part under utilities that has 3 nodes, the middle one of which you attach the bearing to. This allows you to have a ring that rotates while maintaining a fixed core, since anything attached to an IR part ends up moving.

2 hours ago, Ziw said:

@V8jester, @ZodiusInfuser - thank you, found it. Part is called Bearing Hub, but it seems too small for it's purposes. IMO it should at least be 1.25m in diameter, with TS options to make it as large as 2.5 m 

It's purpose is to help make rotating axles and spinning mid-sections for probes, not stations, so it's absolutely fine for its purpose. Eventually I will do station sized parts, but for now if you want a bearing, look at the parts in this old thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/76355-wip-magic-smoke-industries-station-parts-infernal-robotics-required/

13 minutes ago, CorvusCorax said:

can anyone put the CKAN info up so it gets possible to ckan install the expansion packs with 1.0.5 please?

There was a custom CKAN definition a few pages back if you wish to use it. However, since the 1.0.5 version is still in pre-release form I would prefer it if people didn't upload it to the public CKAN, especially as the file is all 3 packs combined.

I'm looking to do a new career start this weekend and I was thinking of adding Infernal Robotics Rework and I had a couple of (hopefully) quick questions:

1. Is the v02 Pre-Release Beta posted to the forum on 12/12/15 the current version?

2. I need to install regular the regular Infernal Robotics first, then overlay/add the Rework release on to my gamedata folder, correct?  Is the IR in CKAN acceptable or do I need to pull IR from somewhere else?

3. How stable are things, on a scale of 1 (expect a crash during each game session) to 10 (for the parts included, it should be pretty darn perfect) -- with 5 being something like, things aren't perfect and you might get a crash every now and then, but perfectly playable if you aren't trying anything too outrageous.

Mostly looking to make some probes and rovers that folder to better fit inside cargo bays or fairings, and possibly some kind of mobile crane for making it easier to pick-up move my USI base parts around that land too far from my bases.  Will likely integrate with my existing kOS scripts when possible.

THANKS !

4 hours ago, mcortez said:

I'm looking to do a new career start this weekend and I was thinking of adding Infernal Robotics Rework and I had a couple of (hopefully) quick questions:

1. Is the v02 Pre-Release Beta posted to the forum on 12/12/15 the current version?

2. I need to install regular the regular Infernal Robotics first, then overlay/add the Rework release on to my gamedata folder, correct?  Is the IR in CKAN acceptable or do I need to pull IR from somewhere else?

3. How stable are things, on a scale of 1 (expect a crash during each game session) to 10 (for the parts included, it should be pretty darn perfect) -- with 5 being something like, things aren't perfect and you might get a crash every now and then, but perfectly playable if you aren't trying anything too outrageous.

Mostly looking to make some probes and rovers that folder to better fit inside cargo bays or fairings, and possibly some kind of mobile crane for making it easier to pick-up move my USI base parts around that land too far from my bases.  Will likely integrate with my existing kOS scripts when possible.

THANKS !

Hi mcortez,

Great to hear you want to do a new playthrough with this mod (hopefully one day I'll have time too). Regarding your questions:

1) Yes that is the latest version, although I did release a separate part that you may also wish to bundle in (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/59359-wip-msis-infernal-robotics-model-rework-v02-pre-release-beta/&do=findComment&comment=2333081). I would also recommend you download Kerbal Attachment System if you want the magnet and grasper to function, and it givers you winches too! Also TweakScale (if you don't want Tweakscale to scale stock parts you can delete its Patches folder).

2) That is correct, install the latest IR release first then add this mod on top. I believe IR is on CKAN but to be safe I would download it directly. The model rework beta isn't on CKAN though (or at least it shouldn't be). Also you may wish to download the IR Sequencer addon (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/104547-105-ir-sequencer-v06-add-on-to-infernal-robotics-updated-29122015/) that lets you do basic programming of robotics parts rather than dealing with KOS. If you're only wanting the robotics parts from this mod you can go in to MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts and delete the Legacy folder, although a few of the parts haven't got reworked replacements yet.

3) Crashes are very uncommon with Infernal Robotics so I would say a 8. Its more likely that things will explode because you've connected them up in strange ways. In terms of the Model Rework beta the only thing that's kinda dodgy at the moment is the Robostrut Grappler part as that create dynamic joints and can sometimes produce errors.

I hope that answers your questions. Any more feel free to ask :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.