[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

10 minutes ago, DrRansom said:

I was interested in using Infernal Robotics for a swing-wing aircraft. But it looks like getting the wings to rotate isn't working right now. Is it possible to create a rotator part with very high load capabilities?

People did that in the past, so it is possible, just not as straightforward as you'd like (if you read last couple pages you'll see why)

On 5/6/2016 at 5:03 AM, Ziw said:

With @ZodiusInfuser's permission I'm proud to present a repack of latest beta release

Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to IR and trying to sort this all out.  I'm using KSP 1.1.2, read through the last few pages of these threads.

I'll need to install the MSI IR mod package (Which I've done with CKAN), and then also this package to give me all the needed parts?  Aside from the wheels and legs not working, is everything else pretty reliable? 

I'm mostly looking for parts to give my ships big spinning gravity sections (ala the Hermes).  I'm a bit confused as to how to do this and some googling hasn't helped.  How do I use the Bearing Rotatrons?  I can't see to get them to attached to anything.  They say they're for attaching to a bearing hub, but I can't find a part like that?

*Second edit* Nevermind, found them in Utilities (Not sure why all the IR parts aren't in the IR tab).  But even coupled together, they're still extremely small, too small to attach KPBS or OKS Station Tubes to for the Kerbals to get to the habitation segments that would be out in the spinning gravity segments.  And they can't scale up it seems, only down.

Is there any other part combinations that I could use to give Hermes-like spinning sections that Kerbals can actually access?

Edited by tsaven

1 hour ago, tsaven said:

Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to IR and trying to sort this all out.  I'm using KSP 1.1.2, read through the last few pages of these threads.

I'll need to install the MSI IR mod package (Which I've done with CKAN), and then also this package to give me all the needed parts?  Aside from the wheels and legs not working, is everything else pretty reliable? 

I'm mostly looking for parts to give my ships big spinning gravity sections (ala the Hermes).  I'm a bit confused as to how to do this and some googling hasn't helped.  How do I use the Bearing Rotatrons?  I can't see to get them to attached to anything.  They say they're for attaching to a bearing hub, but I can't find a part like that?

*Second edit* Nevermind, found them in Utilities (Not sure why all the IR parts aren't in the IR tab).  But even coupled together, they're still extremely small, too small to attach KPBS or OKS Station Tubes to for the Kerbals to get to the habitation segments that would be out in the spinning gravity segments.  And they can't scale up it seems, only down.

Is there any other part combinations that I could use to give Hermes-like spinning sections that Kerbals can actually access?

Bearing parts are early WIP,  but you can try using this pack below for stations

It is quite old, but should still work.

14 hours ago, Ziw said:

Bearing parts are early WIP,  but you can try using this pack below for stations

It is quite old, but should still work.

Thanks, I will give this a shot!  Looks perfect.  :)

When Is the pack going to be officially released for 1.1, with all the parts working?

You see, the parts don't work for me and I definitely have the latest version of Infernal Robotics.

Edited by CaptainAl

17 minutes ago, CaptainAl said:

When Is the pack going to be officially released for 1.1, with all the parts working?

You see, the parts don't work for me and I definitely have the latest version of Infernal Robotics.

You see the parts but they don't move or you don't see the parts? in both cases a log file would help us help you.

2 minutes ago, Ziw said:

You see the parts but they don't move or you don't see the parts? in both cases a log file would help us help you.

They don't move when out of the SPH or VAB

3 minutes ago, Ziw said:

What do you mean a log file? I'm not good at modding.

28 minutes ago, CaptainAl said:

They don't move when out of the SPH or VAB

then we definitely need KSP.log file

please upload it somewhere (like dropbox) and post a link here or in main IR thread

A screenshot of your craft would help a lot as well

Edited by Ziw

28 minutes ago, Ziw said:

then we definitely need KSP.log file

please upload it somewhere (like dropbox) and post a link here or in main IR thread

Is there a later release than the one on page 73, I may not have the most up to date version of the model rework

Just now, CaptainAl said:

I wasn't using wheels, I used foldatrons and the landing feet. Would it work if I took out the wheels?

Your problems seems not to be in the parts. Post a screenshot of a craft and a log.

3 minutes ago, CaptainAl said:

I can't post the screenshot and where do you find the log?

KSP.log is right next to KSP.exe (if you're on windows). 

1 hour ago, BrunoMorini said:

how to install this mod in ksp 1.1.2

You should instal Infernal Robotics first (the first link in my signature, download the zip and drop the contents on your KSP Install forlder), after that you should get the re-pack of Zodius's parts from the last link in my signature and do the same.

When you do it you should have a MagicSmokeIndustries folder with all relevant parts in your GameData folder.

20 minutes ago, Ziw said:

You should instal Infernal Robotics first (the first link in my signature, download the zip and drop the contents on your KSP Install forlder), after that you should get the re-pack of Zodius's parts from the last link in my signature and do the same.

When you do it you should have a MagicSmokeIndustries folder with all relevant parts in your GameData folder.

thank you, it worked.

have any tips of legal expansions?

Edited by BrunoMorini

I cannot get this to work; at first, I could not get the Legacy parts to work, no matter where I put them. Just tried reinstalling everything, and now don't even have the IR tab in game. I installed before using CKAN, did it manually this time. I have all the latest files, KSP 1.1.2. I have a MagicSmokeIndustry folder with Parts, plugins, assetbundles, plugins folders inside. I had to move things manually (the GameData from the Resources folder), as unzipping into the KSP folder did not just merge the GameData like usual; am I missing something? There are a lot of other folders and files not under GameData, where do they go? I'm feeling rather stupid right now.

EDIT: Through CKAN, I uninstalled both MagicSmoke and the Legacy parts, then reinstalled them. I now have the IR tab in the game, but still no Legacy parts.

Edited by xopher425

28 minutes ago, xopher425 said:

I had to move things manually (the GameData from the Resources folder), as unzipping into the KSP folder did not just merge the GameData like usual; am I missing something? There are a lot of other folders and files not under GameData, where do they go? I'm feeling rather stupid right now.

EDIT: Through CKAN, I uninstalled both MagicSmoke and the Legacy parts, then reinstalled them. I now have the IR tab in the game, but still no Legacy parts.

Post a screenshot of your GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries folder fully expanded (all sub folders expanded)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.