[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

1 hour ago, mattthenub said:

Hey so i got the mod itself to work, however i dont have the ability to use any parts, i can use right click but i dont have the servo menu like i'm supposed to have. Help please?

Do you have IR icons on toolbar on the side ? If not, it is probably somethng not properly installed.

14 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Do you have IR icons on toolbar on the side ? If not, it is probably somethng not properly installed.

no i dont have anything like that. In terms of installation, i just took the folders from the mega download link, and moved them to the GameData folder and what not

15 hours ago, mattthenub said:

no i dont have anything like that. In terms of installation, i just took the folders from the mega download link, and moved them to the GameData folder and what not

Ah, seems that you have grabed parts only, but you do not have any of IR plugin installed that actualy give parts functionality. Link from mega is created for older version of IR plugin that ca work up to KSP 1.3.x (can't tell anything how it behave on KSP 1.4.x probably would not work at all). Anyhow, there is new plugin in development and you will have to re-download part pack too, because of changes in IR plugin, part config files are no longer compatible. You can find both links,for IR plugin and parts in new thread:

But keep in mide that is in BETA phase, so while most of things work properly, it is possible that you can encounter issues on certain craft designs.

2 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Ah, seems that you have grabed parts only, but you do not have any of IR plugin installed that actualy give parts functionality. Link from mega is created for older version of IR plugin that ca work up to KSP 1.3.x (can't tell anything how it behave on KSP 1.4.x probably would not work at all). Anyhow, there is new plugin in development and you will have to re-download part pack too, because of changes in IR plugin, part config files are no longer compatible. You can find both links,for IR plugin and parts in new thread:

But keep in mide that is in BETA phase, so while most of things work properly, it is possible that you can encounter issues on certain craft designs.

ok great, got that installed and i have all the parts except the sampler and station arm. I do have the gui, however when im in the SPH it works, but when i get in game the ui only shows one of the IR parts and when i use it it rotates the whole craft.

On 6/17/2018 at 4:32 PM, mattthenub said:

ok great, got that installed and i have all the parts except the sampler and station arm. I do have the gui, however when im in the SPH it works, but when i get in game the ui only shows one of the IR parts and when i use it it rotates the whole craft.

Seems like you have put all IR parts into just one group. You need to create more groups and put only parts that are intended to always move at the same time into that specific group. Then you will have several servo buttons in flight that you can move as want.

Other way around is to edit(expand) specific group in flight and only move one part that you want to move. Keep in mind that there is also free moving parts, meaning, those allows other parts attached to it to move(rotate), from gravity or other forces, but can't be moved trough IR servo menu.

40 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Seems like you have put all IR parts into just one group. You need to create more groups and put only parts that are intended to always move at the same time into that specific group. Then you will have several servo buttons in flight that you can move as want.

Other way around is to edit(expand) specific group in flight and only move one part that you want to move. Keep in mind that there is also free moving parts, meaning, those allows other parts attached to it to move(rotate), from gravity or other forces, but can't be moved trough IR servo menu.

Yep !

You can also rename it and do very nice systems, I think Infernal Robotics and this model rework is very useful.

6 hours ago, kcs123 said:

no, i built a simple robotic arm, with rototrons or whatever, some pistons and a claw. However in the SPH it showed all parts, and in flight it only showed the base rototron. And when i place a station arm i do not see it in the GUI

Edited by mattthenub
some information was not provided

6 hours ago, mattthenub said:

no, i built a simple robotic arm, with rototrons or whatever, some pistons and a claw. However in the SPH it showed all parts, and in flight it only showed the base rototron. And when i place a station arm i do not see it in the GUI 

I might be wrong, but one picture can tell more than thousand words. Take a screenshot from SPH/VAB scene as well from in flight scene. Could not hurt to upload log files too somewhere and provide link. Than might provide better understanding what is going on and possible advice how to help you.

17 hours ago, mattthenub said:

As suspected. You have placed all parts within one group. In SPH you need to click on button "Add group" near the bottom of UI. After that you need to drag parts you want to move separately into that group by drag & drop that part on IR GUI. Click near part name and drag it to group that you created before with "Add group" button. You can change group name too, so instead of "New group" you can write your own name like "Rotating" or "Extending" or whatever suits you better.

Have no idea why you don't have all parts listed in flight, could be some new bug, but regardless, you should create new groups in SPH, sou you can have more separate IR groups in flight to move things as desired.

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

As suspected. You have placed all parts within one group. In SPH you need to click on button "Add group" near the bottom of UI. After that you need to drag parts you want to move separately into that group by drag & drop that part on IR GUI. Click near part name and drag it to group that you created before with "Add group" button. You can change group name too, so instead of "New group" you can write your own name like "Rotating" or "Extending" or whatever suits you better.

Have no idea why you don't have all parts listed in flight, could be some new bug, but regardless, you should create new groups in SPH, sou you can have more separate IR groups in flight to move things as desired.

Thanks for helping, and do you have any idea as to why the station arm doesn't appear in the GUI?

Just now, mattthenub said:

Thanks for helping, and do you have any idea as to why the station arm doesn't appear in the GUI?

I haven't tested most recent version of IR due to lack of free time, but IIRC several versions ago, there was some bug related to groups and parts used. Depending if you have loaded already saved craft from prevuious version of IR, or you have build some new craft test in flight (working as expected), reverting back to SPH, reloading same craft and in flight it no longer show proper groups or parts in group. There was some bug involved in that, some time ago, but I no longer recall exact details. IR is still under development and things were changing back and forth, so it is hard to tell.

Try to play a bit with grouping parts as mentioned in previous post. If still not work for you, try to describe issue and steps how to reproduce issue in IR next thread. It might be issue because of using some IR and other parts in combination or something else. Anything you discover that might not work as intended may help in develoment to discover and solve that bug.

11 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

I haven't tested most recent version of IR due to lack of free time, but IIRC several versions ago, there was some bug related to groups and parts used. Depending if you have loaded already saved craft from prevuious version of IR, or you have build some new craft test in flight (working as expected), reverting back to SPH, reloading same craft and in flight it no longer show proper groups or parts in group. There was some bug involved in that, some time ago, but I no longer recall exact details. IR is still under development and things were changing back and forth, so it is hard to tell.

Try to play a bit with grouping parts as mentioned in previous post. If still not work for you, try to describe issue and steps how to reproduce issue in IR next thread. It might be issue because of using some IR and other parts in combination or something else. Anything you discover that might not work as intended may help in develoment to discover and solve that bug.

yeah, adding parts to different groups does help but now when i try to move any part of the arm it causes the whole build to spas out.

34 minutes ago, mattthenub said:

yeah, adding parts to different groups does help but now when i try to move any part of the arm it causes the whole build to spas out. 

This is different kind of issue. It can be related to KJR (it may create additional struts while it should not in some scenario) or it can be issue due to stock autostrut (most often from landing legs or gears). To figure out if it comes from stock autostruting issue, enable advanced tweakables trough stock game options menu and using ALT+F12 (cheat/debug menu) in flight and/or SPH and checkbox to visualise autostruts.

Beta version of KJR available to download in IR next development thread should also be able to visualise autostruts, but I have not tried that latest one, so can't give proper advice on that.

4 hours ago, kcs123 said:

This is different kind of issue. It can be related to KJR (it may create additional struts while it should not in some scenario) or it can be issue due to stock autostrut (most often from landing legs or gears). To figure out if it comes from stock autostruting issue, enable advanced tweakables trough stock game options menu and using ALT+F12 (cheat/debug menu) in flight and/or SPH and checkbox to visualise autostruts.

Beta version of KJR available to download in IR next development thread should also be able to visualise autostruts, but I have not tried that latest one, so can't give proper advice on that.

where is the option to visualize autostruts located in the shift alt f12 menu?

5 hours ago, mattthenub said:

where is the option to visualize autostruts located in the shift alt f12 menu?

Choose "Physics" on left side of UI and you will see proper options on right side.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 12:56 AM, kcs123 said:

Choose "Physics" on left side of UI and you will see proper options on right side.

yes, i looked an autostruts are 100% off for every part

2 minutes ago, mattthenub said:

yes, i looked an autostruts are 100% off for every part

and the parts do the exact same thing

Edited by mattthenub

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/25/2018 at 2:15 AM, ZodiusInfuser said:

Just thought I'd show off some new Utility parts I've been doing to get back in to the swing of things. The first is a locking mechanism for whale_2's mod (which you should check out here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/169614-anyone-care-to-make-some-simple-models/). The second is an IR-themed Docking Port Jr because I remembered you could reference multiple models from a single part (usual caveats with docking ports and IR apply).

Utilitron - Lock

f9b66Ya.png

jBHK3g7.png

Utilitron - Dock

Ke2hCxi.png

noWrFSd.png

How do I get these parts?

I just have IR next from CKAN but how do I get these ones into IR?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.