[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

Hi,

i am not able to donwload the version via CKAN. It shows me the error : "Failed to download https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/v0.21/IR_v0.21.zip" and it stops. Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Try installing IR manually. CKAN indexed outdated version of IR and we had to remove it until they fix their indexer.

Ok, call me stupid, but how do i free something from the grasper!?

Edit: So i heard you shouldn't use docking ports with IR... tested... no problem found (with grasper some craft and crew dissappered and k.i.a)

So any reason why i should not do stuff like this:

vFgOZc0l.png

Edited by StainX

The grasper uses Kerbal Attachment System which as far as I know has not been updated to 1.0. Normally there'd be a right click option to release the grasp if it was working.

Edit: So i heard you shouldn't use docking ports with IR... tested... no problem found (with grasper some craft and crew dissappered and k.i.a)

So any reason why i should not do stuff like this:

http://i.imgur.com/vFgOZc0l.png

You have the mk. 1 cmd module in between the moving parts and the docking port, so all is well. They mean to not directly attach a docking port to a hinge. That will lead to sadness and ruin.

The grasper uses Kerbal Attachment System which as far as I know has not been updated to 1.0. Normally there'd be a right click option to release the grasp if it was working.

There is a hotfix for 1.0.2 out, but no right click option for that... well, i guess we have to wait for KAS to update then.

Although the Grabber and DockingPort, system seems to work fine so far :D

Im having a small issue in KSP 1.0 where i can select items of this mod but i cant attach them to anything. Then the games seems to crash and selects everything in the VAB at once which i cant deselect. Any ideas?

I experienced this today for the first time too. I would suggest posting over in the IR release thread (here) as this is almost certainly going to be a plugin rather than a part issue. Also when over there post your output_log file so the team can identify any issues.

Hello. First of all, I want to say thanks for working on this mod! It's really quite outstanding! I've spent many hours tinkering around with these parts, and I'm continually impressed with their versatility and usefulness.

However, I've noticed just a couple of small bugs in the latest release that I didn't encounter in the previous versions. The first is specifically with the Extendatron parts. When resized using tweakscale, their max extension values don't seem to update correctly. It's especially noticeable when scaling down to small sizes, as they will continue to extend the same absolute amount as they did at the default scale. This results in some odd-looking floating parts.

The second bug seems to be in all parts where it's possible to set min and max limits on movement. Setting limits on one part doesn't set those limits on its symmetry counterparts (very annoying to have to manually set limits individually in 8-scale symmetry, for example). Also, after manually setting movement limits on a part's symmetry counterparts, if you move those parts off of your craft and then reattach them, the movement limits on the symmetry counterparts won't be "remembered" and they reset to default (resulting in having to individually set them again). If this behavior is intentional, would it be possible to include an "apply symmetrically" option in the set movement limit dialog, like in the presets window?

Thanks again for all your hard work. :)

Hello. First of all, I want to say thanks for working on this mod! It's really quite outstanding! I've spent many hours tinkering around with these parts, and I'm continually impressed with their versatility and usefulness.

However, I've noticed just a couple of small bugs in the latest release that I didn't encounter in the previous versions. The first is specifically with the Extendatron parts. When resized using tweakscale, their max extension values don't seem to update correctly. It's especially noticeable when scaling down to small sizes, as they will continue to extend the same absolute amount as they did at the default scale. This results in some odd-looking floating parts.

The second bug seems to be in all parts where it's possible to set min and max limits on movement. Setting limits on one part doesn't set those limits on its symmetry counterparts (very annoying to have to manually set limits individually in 8-scale symmetry, for example). Also, after manually setting movement limits on a part's symmetry counterparts, if you move those parts off of your craft and then reattach them, the movement limits on the symmetry counterparts won't be "remembered" and they reset to default (resulting in having to individually set them again). If this behavior is intentional, would it be possible to include an "apply symmetrically" option in the set movement limit dialog, like in the presets window?

Thanks again for all your hard work. :)

This tweakscale interaction keeps reappearing, although we thought we've fixed it couple times already. Can you please tell me what versions of TS and IR are you using?

As for symmetry - try setting limits in right-click menu - it should update all symmetry counterparts. In the next IR update we'll add "Apply Symmetry" button to the editor window.

This tweakscale interaction keeps reappearing, although we thought we've fixed it couple times already. Can you please tell me what versions of TS and IR are you using?

As for symmetry - try setting limits in right-click menu - it should update all symmetry counterparts. In the next IR update we'll add "Apply Symmetry" button to the editor window.

Thanks for listening to my input! Currently using TS 2.1 and IR 0.21.2.

does it contain a part, kinda rotating cube - with 1 rotating side, and the rest 5 just attachment points?

I kind of made exactly that by connecting a rotatron to spin an octagonal strut on a helicopter related application.

I then placed multiple rotatrons on the octagon and attached rotor blades to them.

Thanks for listening to my input! Currently using TS 2.1 and IR 0.21.2.

FYI: I've added both fixes to our development branch, so in the next version both issues will be addressed.

- - - Updated - - -

does it contain a part, kinda rotating cube - with 1 rotating side, and the rest 5 just attachment points?

As pandoras kitten said: you can replicate this using octagonal strut or any other part with several nodes.

Would be cool to have an easy way to adjust docking port, just dock on surface and build a base.

I guess it s already possible with this stuff. is there any light thing to make it? You know, sometimes just need a little adjustment.

Edited by brienne

Would be cool to have an easy way to adjust docking port, just dock on surface and build a base.

I guess it s already possible with this stuff. is there any light thing to make it? You know, sometimes just need a little adjustment.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. This pack doesn't contain any docking ports, and IR has problems with them anyway.

nevermind i should learn to read the OP properly

So I had the issue with the yyellowish parts, tried the fix, and now the parts are just straight up black?

Ah you unlocked the special Golden parts mode! Congratulations :P. As for the black parts issue, are you using Active Texture Management? If so look back a few pages (and over in the IR release thread) for user suggestions of how to overcome the issue.

This issue is the result of Active Texture Management. Check back a page or two for suggestions of how to overcome it.

--------------------------------------------------

On the subject of this issue, I'm of the stance that this is a bug with ATM rather than the IR Rework. Unless someone can clearly identify this as being an issue I am able to fix, I'd kindly ask that from now on it be raised with the ATM team to resolve. Yes, I am aware that changing the textures to dds will overcome the issue, but that just manually does what ATM should be able to do automatically. Also, I do not have time at the moment to explore the process of changing texture formats so they will be remaining as tga for a while longer.

Thanks

There is a DDS texture converter that you can use: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98672-WIN-KSP-to-DDS-texture-converter I just used it a couple of minutes ago to convert the rework parts (I removed the legacy models) into DDS, takes all of 30 seconds.

Also, any progress on the activestruts thing? I imagine that the code is probably pretty messy, no disrespect to the origional author.

As for the whole ATM thing, just use the DDS converter to convert any textures, I don't even use ATM. Some mods such as this one have icon textures that don't like being DDS'fied, so, just DDS'fy the parts if you aren't sure.

EDIT: Crap, I also unlocked the golden (more of a really bright yellow-white than gold if you ask me) part thing..... XD

I guess just going and DDSfying them using that tool doesn't work. Restoring them from backups using that tool should work.

Also, are the wheels in the utilitron section? I thought they were in one of the others. Anyway, if I download the utility pack, is it only those two parts that don't work?

Edited by smjjames

There is a DDS texture converter that you can use: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98672-WIN-KSP-to-DDS-texture-converter I just used it a couple of minutes ago to convert the rework parts (I removed the legacy models) into DDS, takes all of 30 seconds.

Also, any progress on the activestruts thing? I imagine that the code is probably pretty messy, no disrespect to the origional author.

As for the whole ATM thing, just use the DDS converter to convert any textures, I don't even use ATM. Some mods such as this one have icon textures that don't like being DDS'fied, so, just DDS'fy the parts if you aren't sure.

EDIT: Crap, I also unlocked the golden (more of a really bright yellow-white than gold if you ask me) part thing..... XD

I guess just going and DDSfying them using that tool doesn't work. Restoring them from backups using that tool should work.

Also, are the wheels in the utilitron section? I thought they were in one of the others. Anyway, if I download the utility pack, is it only those two parts that don't work?

We've made AS work in 1.0.x, and BTW the code is not messy at all. AFAIK Zodius needs some more time to finish up the Utility pack (there are some nice goodies coming up there).

Utility pack wheels work for me as is, no need for updates for them, but if you want other stuff, you should wait a little bit.

We've made AS work in 1.0.x, and BTW the code is not messy at all. AFAIK Zodius needs some more time to finish up the Utility pack (there are some nice goodies coming up there).

Utility pack wheels work for me as is, no need for updates for them, but if you want other stuff, you should wait a little bit.

The Movatrons, Landing Foot, and RoboStrut (Lite & Pro) are completely fine in KSP 1.0. The Surface Sampler needs me to do more testing of the new dll, and the Grabber and Grasper are waiting for KAS to update. Also as Ziw teased, I've got a few new parts I'd like to add to the Utility pack for the next update (hint, they're something that I've shown off before, but not a replacement for a Legacy part).

I was actually also thinking that it would be those wierd (wierd as in unusual, not wierd as in ugly) mecanum (or maybe mekanum?) wheels, just didn't say it out loud.

I also saw those concept model screenshots that you had up at an earlier point.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.