[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

I think at most 5 parts can be removed. I would like people's opinions on this since IMO, having those variants there makes it easy to create things without relying on the new feature. If I was to remove them though, which versions should I pick to stay (e.g open or closed hinge)?

Here's the problem. The meshes for the foldatrons weren't set to zero with regards to the rotations. If they aren't zero'd out they screw up bigtime. It's something I had to deal with. I used taniwha's .mu blender importer, reset all the rotations to zero (control-a, rotation) then exported that mu back to the directory, refreshed the game database it worked correctly. These will have to be done in order for them to be work.

That is the correct install location. Do the parts show up in a new Sandbox game? If you're playing Career or Science mode, they won't appear unless you unlock them individually in the R&D Center. They're also in a different (and later) tech node than the Legacy parts.

If that's not the problem, please follow the examples in the How to Get Support sticky in the Support (modded installs) forum.

That is the correct install location. Do the parts show up in a new Sandbox game? If you're playing Career or Science mode, they won't appear unless you unlock them individually in the R&D Center. They're also in a different (and later) tech node than the Legacy parts.

If that's not the problem, please follow the examples in the How to Get Support sticky in the Support (modded installs) forum.

The parts does not show up in either my current sandbox game or the new sandbox game I just created.

I am using Infernal Robotics 0.19a. Might there be a compability issue with the new IR?

I seem to be having an issue with these parts with the introduction of the 0.19 update to infernal robotics.

The parts that come packaged with infernal robotics works just fine, but whenever I try to attach one of the parts from this mod, things start tripping out. The part looks as though it has been attached (i.e. the attachement node from the part disappears) but it is still attached to the mouse and starts rotating in every direction at once around the mouse pointer whilst flickering.

When I select the part, the debug menu gets a line reading:

[Exception]: ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

When I click to place the part, it starts tripping like explained above. When I click back in the catalogue to remove the part, the debug menu gets filled top to bottom with:

[Exception]: NullReferenceException

Any part I try to attach after this point does not attach and just refills the debug menu with the above error message.

The ouput_log is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByopNDhXUXrFc1hfLThhY3ZtdU0/edit?usp=sharing

I seem to be having an issue with these parts with the introduction of the 0.19 update to infernal robotics

The ouput_log is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByopNDhXUXrFc1hfLThhY3ZtdU0/edit?usp=sharing

A relevant sections is

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,TweakScale.ScaleExponents].Add (System.String key, TweakScale.ScaleExponents value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[ScaleExponents,String,ScaleExponents] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 keySelector, System.Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[ScaleExponents,String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 keySelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[ScaleExponents,String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 keySelector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.ScaleExponents.CreateExponentsForModule (.ConfigNode node, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.ScaleConfig..ctor (.ConfigNode config) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.GetModuleCost () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.GetModuleCosts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruct.SaveShip () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruction.CreateBackup (.ShipConstruct ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.SetBackup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.UpdatePartMode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

@erbmur:

Looks like you have a copy of my old IR Rework patch installed as MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework/infernal robotics fix.cfg. Try removing every copy.

You also have at least couple outdated mods, definitely Module Manager and TweakScale. If removing the patch doesn't fix your issues, you'll need to update all of your mods and pare down the list to just a few so that someone can try to replicate the problem.

@K3|Chris:

Looks like the models have non-zero mesh rotations, like four of the Foldatrons. sirkut fixed the foldatrons by importing and de-rotating them. nothke's still around, too, so maybe you could get permission to release an update.

Edited by Master Tao
second response

Anyone else have this with the Dromoman parts?

~snip~

I applied the fixes correctly I think, shame they haven't been kept up to date, still seems the best bet for nice robotic arms.

I think they need to be re-exported with rotations reset, the old docking washers and several foldatrons had the same issue, unfortunately it'll need someone with Blender/Unity. Sirkut did the others.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.